sesame street videos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Irvine511

Blue Crack Supplier
amazing what you can remember, and how transporting back to childhood (early childhood) these can be.

http://video.sesameworkshop.org/

observations:

1. Grover sounds like Yoda
2. the Martians and the phone is a great bit of comedy
3. Ernie and Bert are the most realistically gay couple on children's television
4. Cookie Monster sounds like a Japanese immigrant stereotype

be careful. you could get sucked in for hours.

Last edited:
Grover should sound like Yoda since both of their voices are provided by Frank Oz. This website is pretty cool.

Irvine511 said:
amazing what you can remember, and how transporting back to childhood (early childhood) these can be.

http://video.sesameworkshop.org/

observations:

1. Grover sounds like Yoda
2. the Martians and the phone is a great bit of comedy
3. Ernie and Bert are the most realistically gay couple on children's television
4. Cookie Monster sounds like a Japanese immigrant stereotype

be careful. you could get sucked in for hours.
HEY, if anything Yoda sounds like Grover! Ernie and Bert aren't gay, though it would be okay if they were, but I like that 2 heteros can be loving and caring toward one another without them being afraid of seeming gay.

I bought the Christmas DVD from the early '80s and loved watching it over Christmas because the vinyl record was the first record I ever had; my mother bought it for me when I was 3 years old.

What's ruined Sesame Street nowadays is Elmo; I hate him and his self-conscious cuteness; I also miss the simple acoustic guitar intro, and characters like Snuffleupiguss.

My favorite was Oscar, but I pretty much liked everyone on the show.
adrobw said:
Grover should sound like Yoda since both of their voices are provided by Frank Oz. This website is pretty cool.
You just blew my mind!
maro_chik said:
Aw, I didn't see my favorite Cookie Monster one on there: http://youtube.com/watch?v=qpfluek-1qk

:love:
I guess I stopped watching Sesame Street by the early '90s and I'm glad I missed the influence of rap. :( Where are the cookies?! I guess this is a better message for kids, though, but it's not sweet anymore.

Last edited:
Re: Re: sesame street videos

Muldfeld said:

Ernie and Bert aren't gay, though it would be okay if they were, but I like that 2 heteros can be loving and caring toward one another without them being afraid of seeming gay.

they are so gay. they are such a gay couple and interact as such. they're like Keith and David from "6 Feet Under."

Re: Re: Re: sesame street videos

Irvine511 said:

they are so gay. they are such a gay couple and interact as such. they're like Keith and David from "6 Feet Under."
Don't be silly. The next thing you're gonna tell me is that Mr. Rogers is gay. He's one of my heroes.

Re: Re: Re: Re: sesame street videos

Muldfeld said:

Don't be silly. The next thing you're gonna tell me is that Mr. Rogers is gay. He's one of my heroes.

a gay person can't be your hero?

in all honesty, what i'm getting at here is that it's perfectly possible to recognize a gay character without having them say, straight up, that they have attraction and love for the same sex.

bert and ernie are obviously not sexual. but their relationship -- i mean, come on, they're cohabitating in New York ;) -- does strike me as one that's rooted in a deep love for one another and a willingness to live with their obvious differences.

many gay couples have the same relationship. i see them as much more than friends. why couldn't they be both non-sexual and gay at the same time? what would you think of a couple who shared an apartment in new york and one of the partners had a bottle cap collection, was a neat freak, was easily exasperated, and the other was spontaneous, devil-may-care, and in it all for a bunch of laughs? and yet their relationship endures. perhaps because they love one another? perhaps because their love is not so different from the other non-sexual hetero relationships you see represented on the show?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: sesame street videos

Irvine511 said:

a gay person can't be your hero?

in all honesty, what i'm getting at here is that it's perfectly possible to recognize a gay character without having them say, straight up, that they have attraction and love for the same sex.

bert and ernie are obviously not sexual. but their relationship -- i mean, come on, they're cohabitating in New York ;) -- does strike me as one that's rooted in a deep love for one another and a willingness to live with their obvious differences.

many gay couples have the same relationship. i see them as much more than friends. why couldn't they be both non-sexual and gay at the same time? what would you think of a couple who shared an apartment in new york and one of the partners had a bottle cap collection, was a neat freak, was easily exasperated, and the other was spontaneous, devil-may-care, and in it all for a bunch of laughs? and yet their relationship endures. perhaps because they love one another? perhaps because their love is not so different from the other non-sexual hetero relationships you see represented on the show?

He doesn't like it because Ira Steven Behr isn't involved... or is he?

But I agree with you.

Back
Top Bottom