Serious question about radio!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
corianderstem said:
Well, you said all the songs on the radio were good. I took that to mean ALL SONGS ON THE RADIO.

In response, I say: Creed? Really? Soulja Boy? Really? :wink:

Okay... well... I am only talking about listenable artists and bands here, lol. And I know it's subjective as hell but even among the good bands, the radio only plays like 5% of their songs. That's my point. All songs from those listenable artists are good. :p

I have that iTrip thing, but I never did really get the hang of getting it to sync up with a radio station.

Eventually I'll go have a hookup plug or whatever you call it put into the dashboard. I need to find out how much that'll run me.

I don't drive often. If I'm driving more than 20 minutes or so, I'll bring CDs. I have a 12-disc changer in the trunk.

phillyfan26 said:
There's this crazy feature on iTunes. If you create a playlist, you can insert a blank CD, and have a CD burnt! Crazy, I know! And then, you can take that CD, and you can go out to your car, and you can put it in the CD player and play music you like!

I make a burned CD for my car once a week, to keep it fresh.

lol. That's all well and good but constantly changing CDs in the car is a pain in the neck! Nothing like the push of a button to listen to anything you want! Really... the replacement for Radio is an iPod integration module or something that will let you play any song at the push of a button in your car. Like playing from a hard disk. :up:

corianderstem said:
I have that iTrip thing, but I never did really get the hang of getting it to sync up with a radio station.

Eventually I'll go have a hookup plug or whatever you call it put into the dashboard. I need to find out how much that'll run me.

I don't drive often. If I'm driving more than 20 minutes or so, I'll bring CDs. I have a 12-disc changer in the trunk.

I have a DLO TransPod which is even better than the iTrip because it keeps the iPod firmly in place. So it's like a stand attached to the power outlet. I usually don't have problems finding a station to sync to. I've programmed all of those 4 suggested preset stations on to my car radio. So in the event of static, I simply change it to the next frequency and normally it works on a least one of them if not all.

Zootlesque said:

My iPod should technically save me from the radio. But then there is the decision of what to listen to. :crack:

My problem exactly.

Pink Floyd's a good example. Their most played song on radio ABITW pt. 2. It's such a shit song compared to the many, many infinitely better tracks they put out.

Zootlesque said:

:lol: You cannot be serious!?! I mean, dude... I hear DJs on the local classic rock station here.. there's Jim Kerr, Ken Dashow, Maria Maledo... surely they can't be robots! :laugh: And they talk about daily goings on and stuff. I can see your top 10 computer playlist scenario though.

The point is they don't SELECT the songs. I don't know how you can defend FM radio.

Everyone should buy satellite radio, I love XM. Much better.

bsp77 said:
Everyone should buy satellite radio
bsp77 said:
bsp77 said:
bsp77 said:
bsp77 said:

I had Sirius last year but I haven't quite made enough yet to renew it. I'm itching to do so, though. I'm already bored of all the CDs in my car, even the mixes I've made. And listening to the radio in the car, especially in the morning, only infuriates me. All talk, all commercials, one song an hour and it's not even a good song. :angry:

Maybe the XM/Sirius merger will give us a price decrease? I know, I know, wishful thinking. :(

But I use my iPod in the car anyway and listen to what I want to. Is there a need then for satellite radio?

Zootlesque said:
Is there a need then for satellite radio?

To get exposed to new music...

Satellite, isn't perfect, but it is probably one of the better mediums we have out there i.e. radio, mtv, vh1, etc...

My parents have it, and I haven't exactly found anything groundbreaking on there, but every once inawhile am very impressed.

The only great radio station I've found so far in my life is Chicago's XRT.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

The only great radio station I've found so far in my life is Chicago's XRT.

Yep, that is what I miss most about Chicago

I’ve been a Sirius subscriber for about 2 years. I purchased a Sirius tuner for my wife around 6 months ago. Like me, after listening to satellite radio my wife can’t go back. They have some great rock/indie music station.

I just bought a new Sentra with XM installed and listen to XMU and Ethel all the time. I’m exposed to new bands & music all the time. I pay less than $20 a month for both of us to have new music 24/7. Once I heard Zoo Station and Babyface come one by U2 on Ethel. Thought that was the coolest thing. And for commuters this will ease your drive by 30-45%

I can’t even go back to FM. I told my wife FM radio is literally unhealthy for people. Your listening to the same music that is 20-40 years old over and over again that you didn’t choose to listen to. Sometimes I just want to drive and walk into a classic rock station, tell them, “You know there are new artist out there”.

Back
Top Bottom