Serious Poll For NonVirgin Women re Promiscuity..motives ect

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Are women REALLY into RANDOM NonComittal Sex?

• Yes

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • No

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters
Angel, you shouldn't feel bad at all. My sister (who would prolly kill me if she knew I was posting this) is the closest to a Sex and the City gal that I have ever met.

Without going into numbers, she has enjoyed herself THOROUGHLY, and says that with such a buffet of gorgeous men out there, she would be insane not to have a little taste of this, and a taste of that....

Many of these were actual relationships (and yes, there was lots of heartbreak involved) but an even greater number were just fun encounters. She is ingelligent, has very high self esteem, is successful, not an addict to anything and simply enjoys life. In fact, she didn't get married until her mid 30s, had her 2 kids in her late 30s/early 40s and now she's getting divorced and is back out there having a blast again.

So...there's one more example anyway. :)

Re: resident whore checking in...

Angel said:
Ok... the answer is yes! Of course it is yes. Not like every weekend, or every month or anything, but sure!

My feelings re. men--> I am picky. I don't like to just jump into a relationship with anyone. My time is valuable and my heart is sacred. However, does this mean I have to remain celebate during the off seasons? There is nothing wrong with the odd non-committal act of sex. If you are careful, responsible, and emotionally strong, then I say get some action. Non-comittal sex IMO, is way less emotionally damaging and moral, then people who jump from relationship to relationship.

Flame me, I don't care. Alot of you take sex WAY too seriously. I am not ashamed. I have no regrets. Now, if I am in love with you, I'll probably make you wait months. :lol:

Good on you Angel, this is exactly how I feel, I have often thought that either nearly everyone on this board are very moralistic or where I come from is very, very easy going and liberated, but anyway I know a lot of friends who have casual sex, in fact practically every woman I know has or does it, I do it and dont feel bad at all about it, but then again I dont see sex as something that is so sacred you whould only share it with someone you love, but I must say that even when I am having casual sex it is always with someone I still dig, I cant really do the whole one night stand thing, but a bit of casual sex every now and again with someone you get along with and enjoy is good and you dont end up with all the hassles that come in relationships, but I htink that if you are going to have casual sex you have to be mature about it as I have seen this happen with friends and it has happened to me that after awhile feelings can get in the way and you may fall for that person, so it is good to set your limits to begin with I guess, but anyway sex is good, to me it is natural and nice and I would rather have casual sex with someone I liked than remain celibate!:)

I answered this thread

Me the virgin

:eek:

I need sleep......

*backs outta thread*

Im getting dumber by the day :eek:

Ahem.

~LadyLemon~ said:
One of my friends slept with 9 different guys in a span of two weeks. I wish I were joking...
I peeked back in here-AND after reading SOME of the responses:ohmy:- Well MY WORD!-
Iam concerned
Iam shocked
Iam appalled.:mad:

Ms Lemon-
I was not one of the 9 victims w your friend for the record that week NO matter what ARUN may claim...

Thank You-
Diamond:cool:

Last edited:
Re: Re: resident whore checking in...

OzAurora said:

I have often thought that either nearly everyone on this board are very moralistic

Yeah thats what I thought too!!

Re: resident whore checking in...

Angel said:
Ok... the answer is yes! Of course it is yes. Not like every weekend, or every month or anything, but sure!

My feelings re. men--> I am picky. I don't like to just jump into a relationship with anyone. My time is valuable and my heart is sacred. However, does this mean I have to remain celebate during the off seasons? There is nothing wrong with the odd non-committal act of sex. If you are careful, responsible, and emotionally strong, then I say get some action. Non-comittal sex IMO, is way less emotionally damaging and moral, then people who jump from relationship to relationship.

Flame me, I don't care. Alot of you take sex WAY too seriously. I am not ashamed. I have no regrets. Now, if I am in love with you, I'll probably make you wait months. :lol:

Thank you Angel! that is exactly the point i was trying to make. For some women, they are way too busy to have that relationship and put that time in but it doesnt mean that they want to stop having sex... and i dont understand where this idea that women are so much more "emotional' comes from anyway... some women just like having sex.... they enjoy themselves... and sometimes u mite have a great sexual chemistry with someone but u would never want to date them... there was a sex and the city episode about this with charolette...

i just dont think women and men are as different as most ppl think, i have a lot of friends who have had casual sex and they arent drug addicts or alcoholics... but they enjoy themselves, are careful, and just dont get attached easily.

and Angel i agree, that some ppl take sex waaay to seriously... well actually, its fine to take sex seriously, i actually think its great to be able to say uve only "Made Love" if thats what you want, but its not good to impose those beliefs on others... and if you want to sleep with 9 guys in two weeks, thats ur deal.... as long as she wasnt hurting anyone else, why are ppl automatically repulsed??

Ok well I guess I can give you guys the memo....

To all my boys, if you are my boy you will have no strings attatched sex. Don't call me, I'll call you, when I want to, but do call to keep yourself fresh in my memory. I don't do drama, you pay on dates, and most importantly do not get comfortable, because you are not my boyfriend.

Some girls don't feel like getting screwed over by boys all the time. I don't want a boyfriend because getting my heart ripped out once was enough, thanks. But that doesn't mean I am gonna be celibate for the rest of my life. Damn, girls have needs too!

"Nothing good ever happened to me when I trusted others, that is the lesson."

Oh dear.
Oh dear me.
Its a 60/40 split in the polls right now:ohmy:

Iam totally aghast.;)

Db9
:lol:

Angel are you suuuure you aren't a skip? :D
It seems we may have a different attitude here. I guess you cant really say that as people are different everywhere you go, yet are all the same at the same time. I'm going cross eyed.
You gotta do what makes you feel good. Swap partners, position, location. As long as you enjoy it.
Life isn't scripted and you will be dead for an awfully long time. Enjoy it all right now.

Originally posted by thefrenchgoddess

i have a lot of friends who have had casual sex and they arent drug addicts or alcoholics... but they enjoy themselves, are careful, and just dont get attached easily.

Speaking for myself only, I was not implying that all women who enjoy casual sex have problems...I was simply stating that the few women I'm familiar with have other problems that include being promiscuous (much different than say in Angel's case where she's happy, safe and in control) I know that there is a whole new generation of women in their 20's right now who are much more open and comfortable with sex than when I was in my 20's and I'm not knocking that.

and Angel i agree, that some ppl take sex waaay to seriously... well actually, its fine to take sex seriously

In this day and age, sex IS serious, whether its casual or long term. When your life could be riding on an exchange of bodily fluids, it is a serious thing.

i actually think its great to be able to say uve only "Made Love" if thats what you want, but its not good to impose those beliefs on others... and if you want to sleep with 9 guys in two weeks, thats ur deal.... as long as she wasnt hurting anyone else, why are ppl automatically repulsed??

As far as the sex vs. making love thing...to each his (or her) own. I've been with the same man for 13 years and have done a little of both with him over the years. Its all what you want it to be at the moment. Yes, making love is a beautiful thing but sometimes, even in a monogamous, long term relationship, you just want "sex." But, I do think that if someone wants to look at it only as making love, they shouldn't be made to feel bad about it...why is that any more right or wrong than someone with a more casual view of sex?

I personally don't want to impose my beliefs on anyone...but, Diamond did ask for our thoughts on this subject and my personal belief is that casual sex is not for me. My beliefs have come about through age and experience and I'm not going to feel bad about them. BUT, that doesn't in any way imply that I would judge someone for having sex with 9 or even 90 people in one week. And I don't think that people are necessarily "repulsed" by someone having multiple partners, I think concerned might be a better word.

So girls, as long as you are playing safe and have your act together emotionally, by all means go get yours! Men have been doing it for all eternity :sexywink:

On the other hand, if this is not your style, don't feel about it. If you feel that sex is special and sacred, save it for the right time and the right person.

Last edited:
BAW-
I was curious to see if women are evolving closer to men in their sexualality/thinking.
I was curious on a pyscological basis:)

That being said..Let THIS be understood-
I REFUSE to be USED sexually by any of the girls in this thread:ohmy::mad::cool:

Thank you;)
DB9

Last edited:
diamond said:
BAW-
I was curious to see if women are evolving closer to men in their sexualality/thinking.
I was curious on a pyscological basis:)

That being said..Let THIS be understood-
I REFUSE to be USED sexually by any of the girls in this thread:ohmy::mad::cool:

Thank you;)
DB9

In answer to your first comment - oh...in that case, then yes...I do think woman are becoming more like men in the context of getting their satisfaction without becoming emotionally involved (by choice). I see a whole new attitute in women in their 20's these days, not necessarily a bad thing...but not always a good thing.

In answer to your second comment - Oh shut up!

Bono's American Wife said:

In this day and age, sex IS serious, whether its casual or long term. When your life could be riding on an exchange of bodily fluids, it is a serious thing. [/B]

just to clarify one more thing, when i said ppl take sex way too seriously what i meant was on the emotional side... meaning i have heard countless times my guy and girl friends call any girl that sleeps around a slut... and my pt being that for some ppl having casual sex is not a big deal and they dont believe that sex has to be something u only do with ppl you love. but i wasnt implying in anyway that i support unsafe sex and i just needed to make that very clear... based on this response, i definitely think i was misunderstood:):):)

diamond said:
BAW-

"evolving"???? haha are you implying sensitivity and associating feelings with sex is a trait that men have evolved from???

whatever, i think women tend to sleep around less than men cause A) men dont need to worry about pregnancy and B) until recently women usually relied on men for money and a woman was considered more attractive when she was a virgin.. that has nothing to do with women being sensitive... but practical...

thefrenchgoddess said:

"evolving"???? haha are you implying sensitivity and associating feelings with sex is a trait that men have evolved from???

whatever, i think women tend to sleep around less than men cause A) men dont need to worry about pregnancy and B) until recently women usually relied on men for money and a woman was considered more attractive when she was a virgin.. that has nothing to do with women being sensitive... but practical...

Erm
Umm.
Ms Goddess you got it right.
Men believe it or not have been taught to be more sensitive in our culture..sometimes to a fault..so my point is both genders our evolving sexually:)

Having a nice bank account for either sex..seems to improve one's libio.:yes:
Perhaps this is why I sit in my bachelor apt commonly known as "chicken-ice" eating Bon Bons in front of my monitor all damn day:mad: sexyless:(;)

DB9

Back
Top Bottom