Serious Poll For NonVirgin Women re Promiscuity..motives ect - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Are women REALLY into RANDOM NonComittal Sex?
Yes 13 39.39%
No 20 60.61%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2002, 04:48 PM   #16
Dub
The Fly

Local Time: 11:48 PM
Before I vote, are you looking for our own, personal attitude, or womenkind in general all over this planet?

Old 08-01-2002, 04:49 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 12:48 AM
Re: Quick Question:

Quote:
Originally posted by Ana
Can a person really have sex with another one without involving romantic feelings?
yes

Old 08-01-2002, 04:49 PM   #18
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 10:48 PM
Re: Re: Quick Question:

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick
I never want to have just sex; I only want to make love.
That's beautiful.
Old 08-01-2002, 05:04 PM   #19
War Child

Local Time: 06:48 AM
I think it's definately possible for a woman to be into random/non-=committal sex, I've known some. I just don't happen to be one of them.

Sometimes I wish I could be. I could really use some action right about now.
Old 08-01-2002, 05:10 PM   #20
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 02:48 AM
Re: Re: Re: Quick Question:

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy

That's beautiful.
Why the ?

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 08-01-2002, 05:36 PM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

Normal

Quote:
Originally posted by Dub
Before I vote, are you looking for our own, personal attitude, or womenkind in general all over this planet?
in general
db9
Old 08-01-2002, 05:43 PM   #22
Ana
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: Another Time, Another Place, in The Electric Co. ; behind the Shadows and Tall Trees
Normal Re: Re: Quick Question:

Quote:
Originally posted by ghetofabu

yes
That I want to experience
Old 08-01-2002, 06:00 PM   #23
Elvis' Naughty Angel

resident whore checking in...

Ok... the answer is yes! Of course it is yes. Not like every weekend, or every month or anything, but sure!

My feelings re. men--> I am picky. I don't like to just jump into a relationship with anyone. My time is valuable and my heart is sacred. However, does this mean I have to remain celebate during the off seasons? There is nothing wrong with the odd non-committal act of sex. If you are careful, responsible, and emotionally strong, then I say get some action. Non-comittal sex IMO, is way less emotionally damaging and moral, then people who jump from relationship to relationship.

Flame me, I don't care. Alot of you take sex WAY too seriously. I am not ashamed. I have no regrets. Now, if I am in love with you, I'll probably make you wait months.
Old 08-01-2002, 06:02 PM   #24
BAW
The Flower

I know a few women who claim that they prefer casual sex with no commitment but they are also very unhappy, negative people who use drugs and alcohol, probably in the same way they use sex to make themselved feel better.

I'm not saying that all women who do this are unhappy, just the ones I'm acquainted with.

Now, deep dark secret time. After my first divorce, I was pretty down on men and REALLY pissed at my ex-husband. I decided I would sleep with a friend of ours who my ex always accused of being interested in me and I would make sure he found out about it.

The guy was only 19 (I was 22 I think) and I invited him over, fully planning to seduce him once and that would be the end of it. It all went according to plan.. I seduced and he spent the night. But a funny thing happend the next morning. He told me he loved me! (I know, it was lust). To make a long story short, he didn't leave for the next 2 months other than to go to work and to pick up clothes at his mom's house.

It didn't work out because he was too immature but it proved to me that I couldn't be like a guy and sleep with someone without a relationship or feelings.
Old 08-01-2002, 06:48 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife
I know a few women who claim that they prefer casual sex with no commitment but they are also very unhappy, negative people who use drugs and alcohol, probably in the same way they use sex to make themselved feel better.

this was part of a point I was trying to make...not so much about women who engage in casual sex tending to be negative, but rather that for women the pursuit of casual sex usually isn't about the pursuit of simple sexual pleasure. It's about something else. Loneliness, looking for love, often low self-esteem except for people like Angel who dig sex and have a healthy self-image (you go girl!), etc. For men (and correct me if I'm wrong, guys) it's not that they are only interested in sexual pleasure with regard to casual sex, but that it's easier for them to enjoy it in that way. Certainly there are men who approach sex more the way the typical woman does (i.e., emotional connection) and there are women like Angel who like to 'get some action during the off-season' as she says...and this is great. I just tend to think that with women it's the exception rather than the norm in terms of getting some kind of real satisfaction from it. And I apologize if this all sounds stereotypical.
Old 08-01-2002, 07:51 PM   #26
Elvis' Naughty Angel

Ok, I am done with the sex threads...

Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl

...and there are women like Angel who like to 'get some action during the off-season' as she says...and this is great.
Oh I sound so horrible!!! I really am not a slut that sleeps around... I guess I just don't feel the need to be a born again virgin just 'cause I haven't fallen in love recently. (Not that there is anything wrong with being a virgin!!!!) I dunno... I know I am rare... my friends have said so (particularly my guy friends). I would prefer to be in a relationship, but... you can't always get what you want, so you go for the next best thing Oh my....

One last thing.... For the record--> it has been awhile.
Old 08-01-2002, 07:52 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:48 AM
I don't think women in general, at least the ones I know, are into random casual sex. Of course there are exceptions to every rule. For example, one of my college roomates made the women on Sex and the City look like nuns. But like the women Bono's American Wife mentioned, she was not a happy person and abused alcohol and sometimes drugs to make herself feel better, and may have been using sex in the same way.

As for me personally, I believe the phrase "casual sex" is an oxymoron. I just don't understand how people can share something so intimate with someone they never plan to see again. And I don't think I'm some sexually repressed, dysfunctional person for feeling that way.
Old 08-01-2002, 08:07 PM   #28
BAW
The Flower

Re: Ok, I am done with the sex threads...

Quote:
Originally posted by Angel

Oh I sound so horrible!!! I really am not a slut that sleeps around... I guess I just don't feel the need to be a born again virgin just 'cause I haven't fallen in love recently. (Not that there is anything wrong with being a virgin!!!!) I dunno... I know I am rare... my friends have said so (particularly my guy friends). I would prefer to be in a relationship, but... you can't always get what you want, so you go for the next best thing Oh my....

One last thing.... For the record--> it has been awhile.
You're not a slut Angel! You sound like you have good self-esteem and a healthy attitude towards sex. I know women like you do exist but are rare and I've never met one. I kind of wish I could have been like you when I was single Everytime I had sex with someone, I ended up in a relationship, and more times than not, it was a bad one.
Old 08-01-2002, 08:13 PM   #29
I Serve Larry's Stick

One of my friends slept with 9 different guys in a span of two weeks. I wish I were joking...
Old 08-01-2002, 08:14 PM   #30
Elvis' Naughty Angel

Quote:
Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~
One of my friends slept with 9 different guys in a span of two weeks. I wish I were joking...
never done that.