Serenity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Joss Whedon's feature film debut, Serenity, is out today. For anyone unfamiliar with the television program Firefly (that's probably most people), it's more or less a western set in space. I'm not a fan of science fiction in the least, but this is easily my favorite of Joss Whedon's three programs, somehow edging out both Angel and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The characters are real, the tension and suspense are well-developed, and the trademark witty dialogue is by all accounts intact. I know enough of the cast's chemistry from the show to say that it will be worth seeing for the characters alone. I have a feeling, though, it's going to be better than Star Wars. :drool:

i went to high school with nathan fillion, and i'm sure a lot of people in my area are going to see it just for the fact that he's in it.

I was surprised at how good the show was. My husband and I are looking forward to seeing it soon.

I remember Firefly. I'm not a big sci-fi geek (with the big exception of The X-Files). But I was hooked on Firefly. I plan to see Serenity very soon.

"Serenity" now! "Serenity" now! :giggle:

Gosh. This movie was good. And it was SOOOOO Joss. I mean, themes, unexpected.... things... visual style (owing much to Kubrick in my favorite scene, a one-take that goes all through the entire ship)... it was just great. Sad, funny, soaring. :up: :up: :up:

Very good. This is what the Star Wars prequels should have been like.

I never saw the show and now wish I had. But i had no trouble following the movie, it sucked me in right away.

I remember Nathan Fillion from Two Girls and a Girl...fine looking guy. :sexywink:

I have only one question about this movie:

Where are the men with the blue hands? :huh:

It just seems that with this dude trying to find the Tams, that somehow the blue hands folks would be involved, but I guess not.

Read the comic book Serenity

SPOILERS

Basically the blue hands guys were tracking down River, they get to Whitefall (the planet from the pilot) and find Dobson (the agent that was shot in the face by Mal when he had a gun to Rivers head), he had survived it and had a bionic eye implanted, the blue hands guys get him on side by promising revenge against Mal. Anyhow Mal and the crew get a job from Badger and fly out there only to be ambushed by the blue hands guys, Dobson and mercenaries, a battle ensues with some heroics and the blue hands are killed. Following this a contract is layed out to the operative, leading into Serenity (the film).

Its a great book.

Back
Top Bottom