Serena, Louisiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. Is it really true that toilets flush backwards south of the equator? And by backwards I mean counter clockwise.

I still haven't been able to verify this. All the toilets I inspected, here and in the UK/USA, refused to flush in any discernable direction. Or else, I forgot which way it went in the other hemisphere, whenever I made a note of it.

Also, American toilets are HUGE. I mean, come on!! You don't need THAT much water.

they flush backwards, as in the water splashes up in your face.

Khan, where have you been all my life?

Ahh, right. See, I would have read longer shows and setlist craziness as a sign of vitality ...

I would love if that were true. There was a rumor about of another full US leg of the tour coming up, but it was scrapped. I think that's what got people down lol.

Your face is your arse??? :shocked:

:wink:

:wave: Hi all!!!! Wow, that was a cool storm yesterday - we had no power....kids couldn't figure it out...not tv, no dvd, no radio, no computer, no lights, no oven, no cordless phone, no hot water, no garage door opener, no light in the fridge...:giggle:

I still haven't been able to verify this. All the toilets I inspected, here and in the UK/USA, refused to flush in any discernable direction. Or else, I forgot which way it went in the other hemisphere, whenever I made a note of it.

Also, American toilets are HUGE. I mean, come on!! You don't need THAT much water.

:giggle: So true Ali.....My toilets flush in a bumbling rumbling mess of bubbles etc with no 'swirling' action as seen in American movies.....therefore it must be a consipiracy :yes:

Oh and *hump* :hyper:

Yeah, American toilets are fucking weird. The first thing I noticed there was that they DO actually flush in a discernable direction. The second thing I noticed is that they're more prone to breaking down ...

Your face is your arse??? :shocked:

:wink:
Yeah, they do everything backwards over there. :wink:

:wave: Hi all!!!! Wow, that was a cool storm yesterday - we had no power....kids couldn't figure it out...not tv, no dvd, no radio, no computer, no lights, no oven, no cordless phone, no hot water, no garage door opener, no light in the fridge...:giggle:
Hey Kim! :hug:

*L* Oh dear, suddenly thrust into the (literally) Dark Ages...

I miss proper storms. :(

I would love if that were true. There was a rumor about of another full US leg of the tour coming up, but it was scrapped. I think that's what got people down lol.

Ah, yeah, I can imagine how that would get people down. I hate to think what people here were saying after the proposed European stadiums tour in 2002 got ditched ... "U2 are over! It's the end! BONO'S GOING TO LIVE IN A HUT IN THE CONGO!"

Yeah, they do everything backwards over there. :wink:

Hey Kim! :hug:

*L* Oh dear, suddenly thrust into the (literally) Dark Ages...

I miss proper storms. :(

This was our best/worst in over a decade.....freakin awesome shit!! Had to open all the windows on the sheltered side of the house too!!!! YEEEHAAA!!!

Yes, but, have you seen us?

LOL! That was a bidet!!! You can flush the toilet in other countries, you know. The rest of the world isn't that far behind.

:giggle: So true Ali.....My toilets flush in a bumbling rumbling mess of bubbles etc with no 'swirling' action as seen in American movies.....therefore it must be a consipiracy :yes:

Oh and *hump* :hyper:

:hyper: :drool:

I think I was too alarmed by the huge volumes in the swirling vortex of death to analyse it properly. :lol:

Is it bad that I wish I'd taken a picture now??

oh, and as for toilets, i wish the ones we had at home were as tall as the one i had in my apartment. before it didn't make a difference, but not being so low to the ground would be less stressful on my foot these days!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom