Serena, Louisiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only better. Just home from the Warriors beating the #2 team 8-6 in torrential conditions.

Jesus, I've had a hot shower and I'm still freezing. Odds I have hypothermia?

Try sitting on your hands for a few minutes - I find that always helps when I've been out in the snow. :up:

Noted. I'll head to the good record shop and see if they have it, if not I may treat myself and order it in.

Just heard a track from the new Ihsahn.. I prefer it to his first album. A bit heavier.

Yeah, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. If you like FOABP, I can't see you not enjoying In Absentia and Deadwing too.

I really, really need to get around to playing angL. But right now, I'm listening to PF's Animals ... :drool:

Trying to be positive for a second, at least Deans has no depth to work with. If the Wallabies suffer a few injuries, THAT'S IT. Their First XV is really their Only XV.

It seems the NZRFU wanted to keep some continuity rather than doing the usual thing of ousting a losing World Cup coach. And Henry IS good. Ah well ...

I'm only going to say one thing on this, because I'm seriously over the whole thing.

ONE SWALLOW DOES NOT MAKE A SUMMER

People can't be so unbelievably stupid as to think one game, in Sydney, where NZ traditionally don't win (in the last 10 or so years) is indicative of anything.

Trying to be positive for a second, at least Deans has no depth to work with. If the Wallabies suffer a few injuries, THAT'S IT. Their First XV is really their Only XV.

It seems the NZRFU wanted to keep some continuity rather than doing the usual thing of ousting a losing World Cup coach. And Henry IS good. Ah well ...

Granted, but I think Deans is scary-good enough to take shit and turn it into gold. I hope I'm wrong. We'll just have to wait and see...

People can't be so unbelievably stupid as to think one game, in Sydney, where NZ traditionally don't win (in the last 10 or so years) is indicative of anything.

Actually, it's funny you say this. The Aussie commentators cracked me up last night. When New Zealand took the lead, they were going on about how we hadn't lost in Sydney since 2003 bla bla bla ... then as soon as Australia regained the lead, they completely changed their tune and went on about how New Zealand is traditionally weak in Sydney.

Typical Channel 7.

so....Ax, this would be one of those moments where i've no idea what everyone's on about or what anyone's talking about, and it all seems to be about that topic :wink:

I'm mostly just kidding Ax.

Actually, it's funny you say this. The Aussie commentators cracked me up last night. When New Zealand took the lead, they were going on about how we hadn't lost in Sydney since 2003 bla bla bla ... then as soon as Australia regained the lead, they completely changed their tune and went on about how New Zealand is traditionally weak in Sydney.

Typical Channel 7.

The second the time trial in the Tour de France was over last night, the commentators suddenly knew all along that Cadel Evans would never make it... :rolleyes:

Oh, Ian, can you find whoever's in charge of naming stadiums and tell them to try and find a bit more creativity?

Last night, when the game began, I wasn't looking at the TV and heard "welcome to ANZ Stadium" and thought "oh, they're playing in Brisbane? And not at Lang Park?" before I turned around and saw that it's what was Telstra Stadium in Sydney. I know we've ranted about corporate naming of stadiums before, including this very example, and it finally tripped me up last night. Wankers.

so....Ax, this would be one of those moments where i've no idea what everyone's on about or what anyone's talking about, and it all seems to be about that topic :wink:

I'm mostly just kidding Ax.

Sooo ... what's Springsteen up to these days? :wink:

Sooo ... what's Springsteen up to these days? :wink:

:p

Honestly I don't know. I'm not really that crazy a setlist watcher, it was just the post concert high. It's worn off a tad, but the tour's about to finish up in the coming weeks. :(. And it could possibly be the last of them for the entire E Street Ever. :sad:

But yeah. RUGBY!

Typical Channel 7.

Gad, I can't stand that.

Mind, they haven't played as often in Sydney since they won the Bledisloe Cup in Sydney in 2003.

If I remember correctly, Sydney is the city where the All Blacks have played the most matches. Pointless, no?

Honestly I don't know. I'm not really that crazy a setlist watcher, it was just the post concert high. It's worn off a tad, but the tour's about to finish up in the coming weeks. :(. And it could possibly be the last of them for the entire E Street Ever. :sad:

Bet he's probably still introducing songs to the set left, right, and centre and showing U2 how it should be done. :madspit:

And how come it could be the end of the road for the E Street Band?

Yeah, well that's Australian sporting arrogance for you. I'm just a bit upset at the moment that someone as good as Deans is coaching the Aussie bastards and getting good results with them. It'll pass though. :wink: I know I'm overestimating his chances of success with the Wallabies...probably because I'm still pissed off about SA losing the other day and the fact that we've now got a shitty coach for silly reasons.

Gad, I can't stand that.

Mind, they haven't played as often in Sydney since they won the Bledisloe Cup in Sydney in 2003.

If I remember correctly, Sydney is the city where the All Blacks have played the most matches. Pointless, no?

Hah, not even I knew that stat. Can't say it surprises me though, given how they try to spread out matches through New Zealand.

But ugh, Channel 7 nearly made me put my foot through the TV. How hard can it possibly be to at least try to PRETEND you're being objective? They had absolutely no shame in hiding that they were cheering on the Wallabies. It was like the commentary was coming from a bunch of drunk old men at a barbecue in Frankston or Ipswich.

Oh, Ian, can you find whoever's in charge of naming stadiums and tell them to try and find a bit more creativity?

Last night, when the game began, I wasn't looking at the TV and heard "welcome to ANZ Stadium" and thought "oh, they're playing in Brisbane? And not at Lang Park?" before I turned around and saw that it's what was Telstra Stadium in Sydney. I know we've ranted about corporate naming of stadiums before, including this very example, and it finally tripped me up last night. Wankers.

:lol:

Except it hasn't been ANZ Stadium in Brisbane for years, but point taken.

At least now it should be permissible to call the Telstra Dome "Telstra Stadium".

:lol:

Except it hasn't been ANZ Stadium in Brisbane for years, but point taken.

At least now it should be permissible to call the Telstra Dome "Telstra Stadium".

Everybody in Queensland still calls it ANZ Stadium. Nobody would have a fucking clue what you meant if you said the Queensland Sports And Athletics Centre or whatever the hell it is now. Plus that's just a dumb mouthful of a name.

And they probably think it really IS a Dome after all these years of calling it that, so good luck getting them to rename it. :|

Bet he's probably still introducing songs to the set left, right, and centre and showing U2 how it should be done. :madspit:

And how come it could be the end of the road for the E Street Band?

Well, the first hint is the craziness of this tour. The fact that he hit a 30 set show, that he's been playing so many different songs. Danny passing away. and the fact that Bruce himself is 58, and a lot of members in the band (Read: Clarence) are in their 60s. Plus Clarence apparently isn't doing so hot himself. It all just leads to the speculation that this might be it.

But no, there's been no official word on the matter.

Well, the first hint is the craziness of this tour. The fact that he hit a 30 set show, that he's been playing so many different songs. Danny passing away. and the fact that Bruce himself is 58, and a lot of members in the band (Read: Clarence) are in their 60s. Plus Clarence apparently isn't doing so hot himself. It all just leads to the speculation that this might be it.

But no, there's been no official word on the matter.

Ahh, right. See, I would have read longer shows and setlist craziness as a sign of vitality ...

Everybody in Queensland still calls it ANZ Stadium. Nobody would have a fucking clue what you meant if you said the Queensland Sports And Athletics Centre or whatever the hell it is now. Plus that's just a dumb mouthful of a name.

And they probably think it really IS a Dome after all these years of calling it that, so good luck getting them to rename it. :|

It's the QSAC. Pronounced Q-Sack. Or phonetically, I suppose.

I prefer calling it Docklands Stadium anyway. Just because it has a roof doesn't mean you need to get fapping about the presence of the roof.

I'd call it the idiotic New Zealand sporting media. I think you need a lobotomy to be able to report on sport here.

Whoops...I thought you were referring to the Aussies. :lol: I forgot, you don't live in Australia. So NZ commentators are also bad?

It's the QSAC. Pronounced Q-Sack. Or phonetically, I suppose.

I prefer calling it Docklands Stadium anyway. Just because it has a roof doesn't mean you need to get fapping about the presence of the roof.

I should try talking about Q-Sack next time I'm in Queensland and see if anybody has a bloody clue what I'm on about.

And yeah, Docklands Stadium is a much better name for it. I'm unfortunately a bit too used to calling it the Telstra Dome to remember to say Docklands most of the time, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom