Serena, Louisiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shes 15... It was a big deal like yesterday cause she flipped off the paparzzi... I think Billy Ray raises her well though so she wont end up like another Britney.

At least her dad is already famous. It's a nod in the direction that he's hopefully not using his daughter.

I will keep my eye out for those albums.. they're actually starting to stock good music around this neck of the woods :up:

Opeth are another one I've waited far too long on trying to discover.

I really don't think it's a stretch to say that Mabool is possibly the best album of 2004. These guys are sensational musicians. They also make "Oriental metal" bands like Nile look like shit, since they are actually Israelis. So the Hebrew and Arabic music elements are central to their compositions rather than just window-dressing.

Opeth for the motherfucking win, seriously. I'm seeing them live in 1.5 months. I hope their earlier material is still well-featured in their setlists, as my favourite Opeth albums are quite strongly Orchid and Still Life. Though who doesn't love Blackwater Park?

Heh, my one big problem with uploading my photos is that I've forgotten when I switched my camera from DST to standard time. I didn't bother to do it the day the times changed, oops, and I caption all my railway pictures with the date and time ...

And I've stopped using Photobucket because it's just such a pain now. I miss how simplistic and easy to use it was back around 2003-04. Now it's just weighed down with crap.
You can still use the old-school uploader if you want... and it does seem to go quicker now.

And half my pictures from the holiday still have Australian time on the timestamp thing... *L* I didn't think to change it every time I skipped timezones. At least with all the pics of Big Ben I can tell what local time it was :wink:

These days, yea, that's pretty much all we's got :giggle:

Though I love travelling by train, VIA staff are really cranky.

So you guys do still have some passenger services in New Brunswick? I remember reading that VIA slashed a good number of services in the 1990s and I know that one or two of your provinces have no railway left at all. But I admittedly haven't kept up with what does still run.

And if you want staff who know nothing of public relations, come see the grumpy pricks who work for Connex here in Melbourne ...

Oh yea, you can still catch a train from Moncton to Halifax or Montreal and then anywhere from there. It used to go through Saint John and Fredericton, but those lines are used only for CN trains now.

You can still use the old-school uploader if you want... and it does seem to go quicker now.

And half my pictures from the holiday still have Australian time on the timestamp thing... *L* I didn't think to change it every time I skipped timezones. At least with all the pics of Big Ben I can tell what local time it was :wink:

Yeah, but just the whole format of the site is now pretty horrible. I now barely use it. I put all of my railway stuff on LJ Scrapbook now.

Hah, and at least you could make a conversion based on the time difference. The problem for me is that one day, my pictures will suddenly change from DST to standard time and I'll damn well have to hope I remember when it was. Ideally, I hope I changed it one day when I'd already taken photos, so that suddenly I have this one photo an hour earlier than the last.

Oh yea, you can still catch a train from Moncton to Halifax or Montreal and then anywhere from there. It used to go through Saint John and Fredericton, but those lines are used only for CN trains now.

Ahh, that's cool then. With fuel prices rising and public transport becoming more attractive, hopefully some of the old services will be reintroduced. Rail travel outdoes buses and planes in terms of environmental friendliness and fuel (non-)consumption, sometimes quite significantly.

Now Ax, I know you love your trains.

There was one in the parade today, so I took this for you

axtothemax.jpg

Man, I love Shriners! In our parades, they drive around in teeny tiny clown cars.

Hey Ax, what if I decided that I wanted to do my DI list as a Vinyl Double album, do you have any idea what the time limits on each side would be?

Hey Ax, what if I decided that I wanted to do my DI list as a Vinyl Double album, do you have any idea what the time limits on each side would be?

Not being somebody terribly familiar with vinyl, I'm not sure how much you can cram onto one side, I'm afraid.

Trains are so much more enjoyable than a bus. I love just the whole experience of it, rocking along in your own little world, marvelling at the world outside. The sounds at night when we've stopped for some unknown reason.

Someday, I'd like to go right across Canada on a train. That's one of my dreams.

He released another album. And it was popular.

he's not a one hit wonder anymore :sad:
All I know is that everyone here only knows that one song of his... Well, there are probably some hardcore country fans that follow him more closely, but in terms of general awareness... that was it.

:hug:

Not being somebody terribly familiar with vinyl, I'm not sure how much you can cram onto one side, I'm afraid.

Ah, I just know someone did it with their list last time round, and I thought perhaps you might've recalled :lol: no worries, I'll keep looking, or just keep it to two discs

All I know is that everyone here only knows that one song of his... Well, there are probably some hardcore country fans that follow him more closely, but in terms of general awareness... that was it.

Apparently in country circles the rest of his music back in the 80s was pretty well known. They don't understand why he's referred to as a one-hit wonder.

Trains are so much more enjoyable than a bus. I love just the whole experience of it, rocking along in your own little world, marvelling at the world outside. The sounds at night when we've stopped for some unknown reason.

Someday, I'd like to go right across Canada on a train. That's one of my dreams.

Yeah, I honestly can't stand riding on buses. They're always so uncomfortable. And you can't walk around or anything. Forget having a dining car on lengthy trips!

Heh, I'd love to do the trip across Canada too. The section through the Rockies looks particularly astonishing.

The Shriners were on little motorbikes and cars as well.

It was actually a pretty good parade this year, and the BBQ chicken supper was :drool: delicious. Had a great day. Perfect weather, the humidity went away.. lovely.

While I recognise his name, I can't even think of what "that one song of his" is ...

Probably a good thing though.

Apparently in country circles the rest of his music back in the 80s was pretty well known. They don't understand why he's referred to as a one-hit wonder.

I guess that's what happens when someone who's successful in one genre has one break-out song that gets mass appeal or something like that... :shrug:

I don't think you can fit much onto vinyl... I thought it was about 20 mins a side?

Judging by albums that I know were released as just single vinyl albums, you must be able to include closer to 25 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom