Serena, Louisiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
God, I'm crying I'm laughing so hard. That picture I posted for Chass on the last page :lmao: it's from this like, super serious fantasy/drama sorta story, and that picture just looked like it belonged on the cover of a romance novel

Ha, now here's something unusual:

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 125
User Name Posts
bono_212 48
DreamOutLoud13 20
Axver 18
The Sad Punk 13
Serena Vox 10
Its Britastic! 6
mysterious_jen 3
KhanadaRhodes 3
Alisaura 2
LemonMelon 2

Nice work, Ashley. :wink:

People totally shouldn't do silly things like going to sleep.

West Coast are victorious!

Dance.gif
dance6.gif

Dance.gif

Don't worry, I'm not. Going to read :wink:

Right now I'm watching this Union Chapel thing. I'd never seen anything from it before.

Don't worry, I'm not. Going to read :wink:

Right now I'm watching this Union Chapel thing. I'd never seen anything from it before.

omg!! how could you not have watched that.... its bono's BEST performance ever... his vocals are better than they've been since 85-86..... if not better!! :eyebrow:

omg!! how could you not have watched that.... its bono's BEST performance ever... his vocals are better than they've been since 85-86..... if not better!! :eyebrow:

I had a feeling such comments existed. But how can you doubt it?! Did you hear that high Gb he hit during Desire?!

I actually can't tell if you're serious or not, but the thing is, Rob, Peterrrrrrrrr and co STILL crap on about the Union Chapel gig like it was the definitive moment in U2 history.

I actually can't tell if you're serious or not, but the thing is, Rob, Peterrrrrrrrr and co STILL crap on about the Union Chapel gig like it was the definitive moment in U2 history.

I was just kidding. Though I did enjoy that performance of Wave of Sorrow.

So now I'm watching the vertigo/streets thing at the Cannes fest for U2:3D, and I can't help but think how stupid Bono was for replacing Native Son with Vertigo because he couldn't stand the thought of singing Native Son night after night after night on tour. But he liked the idea of Vertigo again and again? When he was just about to start it here, he looked absolutely board.

OK, what's with recipes for four really only being enough for three? The minestrone I made a few nights ago was meant to serve four, so I thought "great, dinner tonight plus enough to freeze for three more nights!" Of course, I only got two spares out of it. Having one now.

And the gnocchi I buy is meant to be a pack for four, but there's no way there's more than enough for three in there. Maybe it's OK if you eat like a sparrow, but not if you want a decent serve! I'm not even THAT big an eater either.

Ashley, who IS that??

And I was thinking that face might have had more to do with electrodes applied to his scrotum. :yikes:

*waiting for cheese delivery to complete dinner preparations*

Ooh, here it is!

I was just kidding. Though I did enjoy that performance of Wave of Sorrow.

So now I'm watching the vertigo/streets thing at the Cannes fest for U2:3D, and I can't help but think how stupid Bono was for replacing Native Son with Vertigo because he couldn't stand the thought of singing Native Son night after night after night on tour. But he liked the idea of Vertigo again and again? When he was just about to start it here, he looked absolutely board.

Stay was also pretty good. The gig was hardly the be-all and end-all of U2 concerts, but it was a great surprise.

I don't get Bono's logic about Native Son there. I suspect there is no logic. Wouldn't you prefer to sing something with real depth night after night rather than a bit of pop fluff? Native Son would energise the crowd just as much as Vertigo.

I still love that this Happy Birthday performance is the absolute greatest bestest thing of all that is U2 for ever and ever, apparently

Ashley, who IS that??

And I was thinking that face might have had more to do with electrodes applied to his scrotum. :yikes:

*waiting for cheese delivery to complete dinner preparations*

Ooh, here it is!

It's Bruce Springsteen.

Why he's making that face, I have no idea.
Chass' guess is that he just saw a large naked woman up in the balcony.

Stay was also pretty good. The gig was hardly the be-all and end-all of U2 concerts, but it was a great surprise.

I don't get Bono's logic about Native Son there. I suspect there is no logic. Wouldn't you prefer to sing something with real depth night after night rather than a bit of pop fluff? Native Son would energise the crowd just as much as Vertigo.

Agreed, Stay was good. I just really like Wave of Sorrow, and I kinda liked how it almost seemed like Bono was ...crying or something at the end (though perhaps he just couldn't see hte lyrics properly)

UGHGHG I love Native Son, that's one of the many things bono's getting smacked upside the head for if I ever meet him.

Agreed, Stay was good. I just really like Wave of Sorrow, and I kinda liked how it almost seemed like Bono was ...crying or something at the end (though perhaps he just couldn't see hte lyrics properly)

UGHGHG I love Native Son, that's one of the many things bono's getting smacked upside the head for if I ever meet him.

I think it was fucking cool they did Wave Of Sorrow, and I hope this doesn't turn into a Scarlet-on-Kid-Jensen's-show sort of deal. Bono's definitely into the song, so I think it would be rather good to hear it on tour.

Native Son is seriously one of my five favourite U2 songs from the current decade. Vertigo? Mediocre at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom