Serena, Louisiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(Incidentally, New Zealand's worst ever margin of defeat, 21 points, came in a 28-7 loss to Australia, the previous Aussie record score. God, we're good. Yes, I'm just going on about this to try to make myself feel better about last night. Don't mind me ...)

You saved me saying it... :wink:

*patpat*

Only better. Just home from the Warriors beating the #2 team 8-6 in torrential conditions.

Jesus, I've had a hot shower and I'm still freezing. Odds I have hypothermia?

That storm hasn't quite moved on yet, then?

So is In Absentia the album prior to FOABP?

What is considered to be the quintessential PT album?

Deadwing is between In Absentia and FOABP. In Absentia is usually considered the band's classic. My personal favourite is Stupid Dream.

I'd rather you lot get Deans than the Wannabes. :madspit:

Though the NZRFU were fucking fools not to sack Henry and hire Deans. It's our own fucking fault he's gone offshore.

Yeah. The Wannabes deserve shit like Eugene Eloff, not Robbie Deans. :madspit:

I have to say, it's rather bizarre that your guys passed him up. Come on, he's one of the greatest union coaches of all time AND he's a Kiwi? They should have pounced on him at the first available opportunity!

If you don't find the All Blacks' first try last night entertaining, NOTHING is entertaining.

I don't know, I didn't watch it.

Again, though, the media is proving more than anything why I can't bear rugby. Had the radio on for less than 20 seconds before hearing about the "Deans should have been appointed" crap.

Just. Fuck. Off.

Now that the game's over and I'm inside, the weather is much better. I enjoyed the irony of beating the Storm in a storm, though.

:laugh:

So you bastards beat Melbourne? Now there's a case of torn allegiances for me. Lucky I don't give a damn about the sport!

Ian's a sad man who thinks that league is better than real rugby. :tsk:

vomit-smiley-021.gif

I finally watched the In this town version of TTYW

Oh my god.

What were they thinking?

In this town! blah blah blah
In this town! In this town!

:love:

Deadwing is between In Absentia and FOABP. In Absentia is usually considered the band's classic. My personal favourite is Stupid Dream.

Noted. I'll head to the good record shop and see if they have it, if not I may treat myself and order it in.

Just heard a track from the new Ihsahn.. I prefer it to his first album. A bit heavier.

Hi Ali :wave:

My fingertips are bright red. But that's only because I constantly made trips to the bathroom to run hot water over my hands.

This is a good sign. Pain is also good. :up: Means there's still blood flowing.

I have no clue who this Deans chap is, or why everyone's so worked up over him. :shrug:
(Nor do I want to!)

I don't know, I didn't watch it.

Again, though, the media is proving more than anything why I can't bear rugby. Had the radio on for less than 20 seconds before hearing about the "Deans should have been appointed" crap.

Just. Fuck. Off.

In that case, let Steph and I go on about it a bit more for you ... :wink:

No, I know what you mean. The Aussie media is about to incur my wrath for numerous things right about now. And I am in absolutely no doubt that no matter what sport it is, Australia has the worst commentators on earth. How the fuck Richie Benaud is from this country, I will never understand.

Yeah. The Wannabes deserve shit like Eugene Eloff, not Robbie Deans. :madspit:

I have to say, it's rather bizarre that your guys passed him up. Come on, he's one of the greatest union coaches of all time AND he's a Kiwi? They should have pounced on him at the first available opportunity!

Trying to be positive for a second, at least Deans has no depth to work with. If the Wallabies suffer a few injuries, THAT'S IT. Their First XV is really their Only XV.

It seems the NZRFU wanted to keep some continuity rather than doing the usual thing of ousting a losing World Cup coach. And Henry IS good. Ah well ...

:love:

Before U2's next live TV appearance, somebody needs to get them absolutely hammered. We need a modern inthistowntastic performance by the band. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom