Serena, Louisiana Superthread - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2008, 08:06 AM   #211
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Hey Bonnie, what are the implications of this game? I know my mother fears that the Lions have to win if they want to have any chance of making the finals, but earlier the commentators mentioned that the Lions had a chance of making the top four. And do Richmond have a chance to even make the eight at all?
The Lions have been strong this season - not up there with the Cats, Dogs or Hawks, but have been pretty solid, nothing to be ashamed of (although we beat them in the first round!). The Tiges have been very valiant this season, earlier on you wouldn't have thought they'd be a chance for the eight, but you would be pretty sure that they'd give better teams a shake. However, now it's gotten to the point that if they win tonight, they're in the eight!

Old 07-26-2008, 08:08 AM   #212
Blue Crack Addict

wait. are the tigers winning? WTF is going on this weekend?

Old 07-26-2008, 08:09 AM   #213
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 07:41 PM
Oh god, now Richmond's trying to run the clock down with five minutes to go and are now two points behind. You dumb buggers!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-26-2008, 08:17 AM   #214
Vocal parasite

HOLY SHIT RICHMOND WON 117-114!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-26-2008, 08:20 AM   #215
Vocal parasite

So, after Brisbane got their final point and Richmond had next-to-no time to get the ball to the other end of the field and score the winning goal, I totally was not screaming at the TV "RUN YOU BASTARDS, RUN!" ...

Ahem, anyway. What are the rest of you up to?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-26-2008, 08:20 AM   #216
Blue Crack Addict

no way !
Old 07-26-2008, 08:23 AM   #217
Blue Crack Addict

I knew the result, but yeah, how awesome is that?
Old 07-26-2008, 08:25 AM   #218
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious_jen View Post
no way !
Yes way! Good GOD the end of that game was amazing - Bonnie was spot-on. Multiple lead changes. I thought the Lions had it wrapped up with their final goal, but in the dying seconds, after a Lions behind made it 114-111, Richmond managed to move the ball all the way down the park and score a goal.

What a fucking cliffhanger. Glad I don't have any more emotion invested in that than I do. If the Tigers were Wellington and the Lions were Auckland, I'd have been unable to watch.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-26-2008, 08:32 AM   #219
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Yes way! Good GOD the end of that game was amazing - Bonnie was spot-on. Multiple lead changes. I thought the Lions had it wrapped up with their final goal, but in the dying seconds, after a Lions behind made it 114-111, Richmond managed to move the ball all the way down the park and score a goal.

What a fucking cliffhanger. Glad I don't have any more emotion invested in that than I do. If the Tigers were Wellington and the Lions were Auckland, I'd have been unable to watch.
I'm glad that AFL isn't like League to you, and that you can actually get into a good game. I don't know how the Tigers will go for the rest of the year, but I think they're on the rise.

When's the Tri Nations game start?
Old 07-26-2008, 08:37 AM   #220
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
I'm glad that AFL isn't like League to you, and that you can actually get into a good game. I don't know how the Tigers will go for the rest of the year, but I think they're on the rise.

When's the Tri Nations game start?
The main problem for me with AFL is that I just haven't had a team to follow. I like the sport, as long as it's not too low-scoring. But without a team I really care about, it's hard to give a damn week to week. Now that Richmond are actually playing as if I should care, though, I think I can get into it. Looking forward to next week.

Still over an hour until the rugby.

I need my All Blacks fix! I haven't seen them play at all this year yet, except for a few minutes at an Irish pub when we were thumping Ireland and I figured I better not make it known that I'm a Kiwi ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-26-2008, 08:45 AM   #221
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
The main problem for me with AFL is that I just haven't had a team to follow. I like the sport, as long as it's not too low-scoring. But without a team I really care about, it's hard to give a damn week to week. Now that Richmond are actually playing as if I should care, though, I think I can get into it. Looking forward to next week.

Still over an hour until the rugby.

I need my All Blacks fix! I haven't seen them play at all this year yet, except for a few minutes at an Irish pub when we were thumping Ireland and I figured I better not make it known that I'm a Kiwi ...
That's cool. I hate to say it, but the next Tigers game against Geelong at Skilled Stadium, but never fear, whatever happens there, it's something most of us have had to face this season. They lost against the Cats earlier on in the year by 30 points, which isn't that bad considering.

Damn. Are you doing the wine thing tonight? I will obviously be going to bed earlier than usual tonight (I think I'll have a Wexford [Wexford > Kilkenny > Guinness] and then hop to bed) but yeah, would be fun to see a bit of that.

Where was the pub? Remember, even if 100% of all white people try to claim Irish descent, some of them are still Kiwis!
Old 07-26-2008, 08:50 AM   #222
Vocal parasite

Quote:
That's cool. I hate to say it, but the next Tigers game against Geelong at Skilled Stadium, but never fear, whatever happens there, it's something most of us have had to face this season. They lost against the Cats earlier on in the year by 30 points, which isn't that bad considering.

Damn. Are you doing the wine thing tonight? I will obviously be going to bed earlier than usual tonight (I think I'll have a Wexford [Wexford > Kilkenny > Guinness] and then hop to bed) but yeah, would be fun to see a bit of that.

Where was the pub? Remember, even if 100% of all white people try to claim Irish descent, some of them are still Kiwis!
Oh fuck! I'll, uh, hold out hopes for a bit of giant-killing.

Nah, I don't have more than a glass or so left. I'll drink that glass, but if even nine glasses can't fuck up my typing, a single glass won't do squat. Looking forward to some cheese and crackers, though.

The pub's near the Imax. I was with ... I think it was Jen, cin, and Danny, before U2 3D. I'd forgotten the game was even on, and we walked in with about 10 minutes left to play and Ireland not looking too good, with pissed Irish/Aussie-wishing-they-were-Irish guys not looking all too happy about things. So I just kept quiet and went to the table and waited to hear the inevitable groans go up when the final whistle went and the All Blacks won ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-26-2008, 09:11 AM   #223
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Oh fuck! I'll, uh, hold out hopes for a bit of giant-killing.

Nah, I don't have more than a glass or so left. I'll drink that glass, but if even nine glasses can't fuck up my typing, a single glass won't do squat. Looking forward to some cheese and crackers, though.

The pub's near the Imax. I was with ... I think it was Jen, cin, and Danny, before U2 3D. I'd forgotten the game was even on, and we walked in with about 10 minutes left to play and Ireland not looking too good, with pissed Irish/Aussie-wishing-they-were-Irish guys not looking all too happy about things. So I just kept quiet and went to the table and waited to hear the inevitable groans go up when the final whistle went and the All Blacks won ...
Considering the way Geelong's put away the two other sides even remotely close to them this past fortnight, you should feel good if they do you in by less than a 100. We get blitzed by 135 odd at Subi!

Ah, righto then. Got me Wexford poured - in a Stella Artois chime glass, so not exactly orthodox, but still appetising to look at. Which cheeses have you got set? I had a haloumi and feta roll for tea tonight - a bit too much hummus for my liking, but still nice.

Yeah, I hear that. I can just see you looking at the TV and silently smirking behind your glass of red, while the others watch, sort of disturbed. To be honest, I sometimes wonder the extent to which some of the "Irish" guys in Irish pubs are actually Irish. Most Aussies probably won't be able to tell the difference between a badly done stereotypical Cork accent and a Dublin one. And if you've had too much to drink and you're mainly Irish descent anyway - nothing rare for an Australian - then you can bullshit as much as you want.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:11 AM   #224
Blue Crack Addict

How've you been, Jen? Haven't talked to you much lately!
Old 07-26-2008, 09:20 AM   #225
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Considering the way Geelong's put away the two other sides even remotely close to them this past fortnight, you should feel good if they do you in by less than a 100. We get blitzed by 135 odd at Subi!

Ah, righto then. Got me Wexford poured - in a Stella Artois chime glass, so not exactly orthodox, but still appetising to look at. Which cheeses have you got set? I had a haloumi and feta roll for tea tonight - a bit too much hummus for my liking, but still nice.

Yeah, I hear that. I can just see you looking at the TV and silently smirking behind your glass of red, while the others watch, sort of disturbed. To be honest, I sometimes wonder the extent to which some of the "Irish" guys in Irish pubs are actually Irish. Most Aussies probably won't be able to tell the difference between a badly done stereotypical Cork accent and a Dublin one. And if you've had too much to drink and you're mainly Irish descent anyway - nothing rare for an Australian - then you can bullshit as much as you want.
Oh god. Geelong's not going to run roughshod over everybody again this year like they did last, are they? We don't need another boring grand final.

You going to drink enough to drunkpost? I thought of going up to buy another bottle of wine, but after pizza last night, I haven't enough money on me and there's no ANZ ATMs in the vicinity. I got slugged a $2 fee for using that other ATM before the Curry Vault and I'd rather avoid giving the bank another cent of my money if at all possible.

Haha, yeah. Honestly, I suspect almost none of them are Irish. Or have ever set foot in Ireland. Though that impression is drawn more from the Gold Coast, where not even the pub owners seem to be Irish, rather than somewhere like Melbourne.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread