Serena, Louisiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Typical Pies. Can't say I'm too fond of them, either.

You answered your own question - I go for them because they're Inthistowntastic. Or because my sister went for them, one or the other.

Yeah, I'll have to check it out. But right now, I have a foot halfway to Hell and think I should settle down with a cup of tea, some orange juice and a painkiller overdose. Enjoy the rugby, have a good night! :wave:

Who IS fond of the Pies? :wink:

:laugh:

Have a good night; hope you feel a bit better tomorrow! :wave:

Oh shit, 13 minutes to go and Australia gets eight points in front thanks to a penalty kick and now they're out of converted try range.

Kiwis need to stop blowing opportunities! :mad:

... Axver was once interested in Pokemon?? The plot thickens... :hmm:

Yeah, I've related the story before about when I was 12. Briefly, the two guys at school willing to talk to me rather than crack Kiwi jokes cared about Pokemon, so, you know, it was the only way to really fit in. Lost interest when I went to high school.

Try time to Australia. That's it, really. Any Kiwi comeback now would be pretty much one of the most epic comebacks ever and I don't see it happening. We were the better team for about half the game, but being a man down for ten minutes at the start hurt and in the last 15 minutes, we've just gone to sleep. This is miserable.

Aaaand the try's converted. 34-19 to Australia. This is their highest score ever against New Zealand, hahaha. God, even when they're winning, Australia sucks.

Seeya Bonnie! :hug:

(I totally did not type that as "Boonie" ... :reject: )

Fair point re: fitting in... I did shameful things in my school years in an attempt to fit in as well.

I think the Bledisloe cup was live on one of the Fox Sports channels... we saw the very beginning of it before we went out.
Of course, now the blokes in the house are watching men's lycra-clad arses... I mean the Tour de France.

I'm still mad at the Hawks (read, that Franklin guy) for not being able to kick straight. :mad: Why couldn't they do what Richmond apparently did to Brisbane?? *sigh*

Ah fuck, and that's the game, 34-19 to Australia. Well, if that's your record score against us, you can just go home and cry about your crappiness even in victory, Australia! Deserved win, though. New Zealand were the better team for the middle half of the game, but the first and last 20 minutes were both dismal and we got what we paid for, really. Handling was absolutely atrocious and people like Lauaki and Nonu need to go back to basic training to figure out what the hell they're meant to be doing. Australia were the more consistent side and had superior handling, and it showed in the end. The All Blacks blew too many good chances and gave up the ball in dangerous situations too many times, and no wonder this was the first time we've lost two games in a row in years.

But on the bright side - how many other teams' fans can sit around and think "shit, when was the last time we lost two games in a row? I can't bloody remember ..."

We'll win next week's game against the Wallabies in Auckland anyway. Richie McCaw will be back. :up:

I don't know why I'm going on or giving a thorough run-through, but ... meh, it's rugby. Maybe Steph will read back through the thread!

I think the Bledisloe cup was live on one of the Fox Sports channels... we saw the very beginning of it before we went out.
Of course, now the blokes in the house are watching men's lycra-clad arses... I mean the Tour de France.

I'm still mad at the Hawks (read, that Franklin guy) for not being able to kick straight. :mad: Why couldn't they do what Richmond apparently did to Brisbane?? *sigh*

Yeah, Fox Sports 3 has the rugby live. Shame I can't afford it! It's live free-to-air in the other eastern states too. :mad:

As for Richmond - absolutely thrilling end to the game, some of the most exciting AFL I've seen in a good while. Really enjoyed the last 15 minutes, though it was fucking tense.

Also... how long have you been premium again, Ax? I can't remember when I started noticing your sig again. :der:

Since earlier today, when I said I'd reveal three embarrassing music facts about myself in size seven font in exchange for a premium membership and Reggo took me up on the deal. :lol:

They're around the middle of the last thread.

Have a good one! :wave:

Grand, woke up this morning spent two hours starring at the ceiling before deciding to get up, exciting day huh? :wink:

How about yourselfw

God, sounds riveting! :lol:

I've had a quiet evening, just watched the All Blacks lose (but show up the Wallabies as sucking even in victory), and now I have a new signature. First time I've ever used a picture in my sig on Interference. Exciting times, I assure you.

Ahhh trains that was to be expected from you :wink: Seriously I've never known someone to be so addicted to trains ever. You're unique

I was looking over the first round of the Artist League that's starting tomorrow and was kinda disappointed with the fixtures, there's no real big games for the first round; although we do have the meetings of Radiohead vs Coldplay, Sigur Rós vs Britney Spears and The Doors vs Avril Lavigne

Ahhh trains that was to be expected from you :wink: Seriously I've never known someone to be so addicted to trains ever. You're unique

I was looking over the first round of the Artist League that's starting tomorrow and was kinda disappointed with the fixtures, there's no real big games for the first round; although we do have the meetings of Radiohead vs Coldplay, Sigur Rós vs Britney Spears and The Doors vs Avril Lavigne

:lol: You should see some of the guys on Railpage Australia ... I'm positively sane by comparison! But yeah, I was looking at my signature and thinking "shit, could it get any nerdier?!" Not that I consider this a bad thing.

Ooh, I'm looking forward to the tournament beginning. Shame there's no blockbuster to really kick it off, though Radiohead vs Coldplay should be interesting (1-0 from me). And Sigur Ros vs Britney?! :lmao:

Who've Porcupine Tree got first?

David Bowie

I have half a mind to swap the fixtures for the first and second week to give the first week a big blockbuster like Pink Floyd vs U2

David Bowie

I have half a mind to swap the fixtures for the first and second week to give the first week a big blockbuster like Pink Floyd vs U2

Oh damn, will probably lose, even though I'll give it to PT 3-0 (I'll probably give MOST things to PT 3-0).

Might be a good idea. Who've U2 got in their first week? I'd love to see the Floyd down U2 ...

Swapped them and swapped the fixtures for the last round too, U2 now have a big opening and closing match so they won't just win 3-0 all the way through hopefully

Let's hope not. B&C can at least be a bit less U2-beyond-all-others than EYKIW.

It can, which hopefully means that the competition will at least be interesting, I mean I know I'll probably vote U2 most rounds but not by an always wide margin

Yeah, and the popularity of bands like Radiohead, the Beatles, and Pink Floyd means there should be some serious competition for the top few spots rather than just U2 dominating.

Personally, I simply hope PT stays in the premier league. I can't believe they made it in the first place!

Yup the top half of the league should be interesting.

They were actually the 12th most nominated so it wouldn't be surprising if they did

12th most nominated? Wow, the work of phanan and I has been paying off!

I just wish Crowded House and Split Enz had made it into the same league.

I hope so! I think it'd be hilarious to see the Finn bands up against each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom