September 28- Song of the day- by an artist I really don't like

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I really don't care for Marilyn Manson. I could care less what he stands for or claims to stand for, his music just generally doesn't interest me. That said, he's had one or two brilliant songs, and this is one of them. It's an interesting piece of social commentary for someone like Manson, who's spoken of a utopia with cocaine beaches and liquor seas, to show that drugs are in fact not the answer to anyone's problems. The video is brilliant as well. Many people take it as sacreligous, but I think at worst it's a bit pretentious. The commentary by Manson himself was that it was a tribute to great men such as JFK and Jesus Christ. Manson doesn't like Christians, but he seems to have a sort of unitarian perspective on Christ, ie his teachings were good but Manson doesn't worship him. Regardless of what Manson's personal religious beliefs and behaviors may be, if we judge the art and not the artist here, we have a vulnerable and stark reflection on the dangers of losing yourself in substance abuse. It's a shame it's not on his best of that just came out, because it's one of the real shining moments of depth he has.

"Coma White"

There's something cold and blank behind her smile
She's standing on an overpass
In her miracle mile
[coma:]
"You were from a perfect world
A world that threw me away today
Today to run away"

A pill to make you numb
A pill to make you dumb
A pill to make you anybody else
But all the drugs in this world