sentimental feelings for a piece of clothing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The white baby doll I used on "my first time" *siiiiiiigh*

And yeah, I did use it
biggrin.gif

Not usually, but since my best friend died, I've been sleeping in his pajamas and wearing some of his clothes. I actually sleep in the pajamas he died in. Is that weird? I find it comforting, but I can imagine some would find it morbid. He just loved his pjs. And I love wearing his bell bottom cords and his #3 shirt which reminds me of Edge's numbered shirts.

I'm the same as zonelistener.. U2 shirts in particular, and I'm attached to some of my favourite baby clothes and such. (Silly, I know.)

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

I tend to attach myself to certain articles of clothing. Like zonelistener I am attached to my U2 shirts. I have clothes hanging in my closet that I've had for 10 years now - clothes I picked up when I was in London, scarves my mom brought back for me from India, a Moroccan robe and shoes my folks brought back for me when they travelled over there. I also have a secksi bodice I got when I went to my first Ren-Faire. I can't imagine ever parting with some of my clothes because for me everything pretty much has a memory attached.

Other articles of clothing I've held onto: The outfit I was wearing when I first met my husband, the clothes I got married in (no traditional wedding for me, I got married wearing all black!) pairs and pairs of funky tights I bought abroad, the first piece of clothing my husband bought me... And I've got some things in my lingerie drawer that I don't plan on getting rid of either, but I won't go into that.

I could go on and on. It's not so much that I wear all of these things anymore on a regular basis, it's just that to me, there's feelings or memories attached to some of the clothes I used to wear. I used to have this habit of throwing out clothes and lingerie I used to wear for previous boyfriends too - so I guess it goes both ways.

Also when I was pregnant with my son I gained over 80 pounds, and I swore to myself that one day I would be able to wear all the clothes I loved so much again. When it came to the day I was able to fit back into that bodice or wear that nice velvety jacket that spent so much time tucked away in my closet, there was no throwing those articles of clothing away.

Now with shoes, I'm the same way. I love shoes. Boots especially. I saved all my goth witchy boots from all those years ago, and I saved my clunky old Docs as well, along with those snazzy silver high heeled shoes I only wore once 4 years ago. I guess I'm kinda a pack rat when it comes to clothing and boots and such. I just like having that stuff around if not for the memories, but because nowadays I can't really afford to spend much money on clothes like I used to. It's kind of funny I saved so much of that stuff - if I mix and match all the articles of clothes I kept over the years that represent the style phases I went through, I end up having my own style of dress that nobody else has.

Don't get me started on jewelry. I save it all - from the heirlooms all the way down to the cheap trinkets I buy at the mall.
wink.gif

God yes, I'm a girl!
original pair of Docs, original pair of 501's, all t shirts from places all over.
I still have one from when I was about 9 that said
"Australian Made" haha
Mega daggy

the "lorax/peace on earth/pmara kutata" jacket I embroidered to wear on my "first time".....ZooTV concert Brisbane 1995. It was a hot hot hot night so i didn't get to wear it until after the storm broke, almost the last song. I'm trying for years to go a bit "zen"(get rid of my collection of collectibles) as I call it but finding it very hard to part with that one. Especially when they went and wrote such a beautiful song, "Peace On Earth" indeed!!! "A tree's a fine something all people need. You need a tree"

Hey Salome, I was waiting for one of your threads. Did brettig tell you about the bat? I saw it this morning, Steve Waugh's signature is at the top of the list. You've got to be in it to win it...I have all the good numbers
smile.gif

oh yes! I have attachments to various objects actually but for clothes..

my U2 tees..well because
biggrin.gif

also a Seattle T-shirt that was from my aunt who has since passed away..I still wear it a lot even though its like 10 sizes too small

a t-shirt that says "Somebody in Maine Loves Me" and has a rabbit and a deer kissing on it. Can't wear that one since it's from when I was 4 yrs but I keep it because it reminds me of a rather funny situation and some fun times
smile.gif

There are more Im sure but those are the ones that jump to mind. I also keep all my jackets from each year I was on the Zone Swim Team just for memory's sake

------------------
You make yourself vulnerable to change in your life. But in the end, you've got to become the change you want to see in the world.
-the B-man

Back
Top Bottom