Self-tanner...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
I'm thinking I'm going to have do something for my wedding since I am the whitest person on earth, and my legs are horrible because they never see the sun, so they're just solid white, without the masses of freckles that I have on my arms.

I've never used a tanning creme/spray/foam before, so I don't know how they work and which kind is best....how do you put them on without ending up with a really white face and an orange body? What's the best kind? Does it come off on clothes (I knew a girl in high school who always had orange socks because her self-tanner rubbed off on the top edge of her socks :yikes: )? How long does it last? Does it do weird things if you have freckles?

I'm lost. :huh:

moisturise first. liberally. and shave of course :D or wax or whatever your regime means.
ive only used a couple and found that the creams are always better. the sprays are hard to put on evenly despite their claims they are more even. on areas like your knees apply very sparingly as the rough skin absorbs and shows the colour more vividly. nurtrimetics and garnier make some good ones. try to buy one which has colour grades like light, medium and dark.
they will rub off and wear or wash off if you scrub your legs. best thing to do is buy one now and start experimenting. but moisturise first! it makes them easier to apply and your skin takes it better. and dont forget to wash your hands really well with a nail brush afterwards. after a few hours you will see how well you've scrubbed them :D

Ok, i use self tanner all the time. Shave and moisturise first like angel harlem said. I have found that creams with bronzer in them work the best. The bronzer let's you know where your putting it and helps prevent streaking. If you use a cream with a bronzer, take a shower the next moring, to wash the bronzer off, the tan will stay behind. Once it is on take a wet wash cloth and gently wipe your knees, ankles, elbows and knuckles. Be careful putting tanner on your face, it makes facial hair and blemishes more noticable. Good luck! :) Congratulations on your wedding.

I've never used a fake tan, thankfully because of my lifestyle, which includes heaps of swimming and walking at the beach and where I live, I have a fairly good natural tan, but I have heaps o friends who hve tried the gammut of fake tans. From what I have seen the ones where you go into a booth work the best, as it is an all over tan and at the salon you at least have a professional whom you can talk to about the procedure, but as the others said make sure you shave, moisturise and exfoliate first....

I used one once YEARS ago.. never again :crack:
My legs looked like I had some kind of disease or something :sad:

I used some on my feet and stomach once. My stomach turned out alright but i had some orange spots on my feet. Make sure you exfoliate first, I think that was part of my problem. Above all make sure you try this out now, and not right before your wedding incase it doesn't turn out well.

I have some that's pretty expensive (my mom got it for free in a goodie bag) so I assume it's decent. I used it once or twice and it was so-so. Compared to a real tan it looked obvious that it was tanning cream, but it wasn't blotchy or anything.

Back
Top Bottom