Self-financed albums - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 08-06-2005, 11:39 PM   #16
love, blood, life
Local Time: 01:00 PM
Wasn't Toad The Wet Sprocket's first album (Bread & Circus) self financed? As I recall it was quite good also.

Old 08-06-2005, 11:49 PM   #17
Blue Crack Supplier
darkbuster, both albums. not touching the sell-out thing, self-financed albums are a royal pain in the ass to get ahold of at time or release and until the band gets financed/signed because pretty much the only place to get them is when you go see the band at a show. little to no distribution.

Old 08-07-2005, 06:35 AM   #18
War Child
Originally posted by tarquinsuperb
I believe that David Gray's White Ladder was self financed, I assume that most on here won't be fans but I think that it's gorgeous and it did sell well.
In my opinion there does seem to be a state of emotion on that album that isn't quite there on his other stuff, but I don't know whether that's what you are driving at.
Come to think of it, White Ladder did have a better state of emotion than his more recent stuff. He's really turned into one of those 'coffeehouse' sounding bores, if you ask me. I'll blame that on his A&R guy. So, I'd say the record company has misguided Gray's music. Time for him to go back to financing his own stuff----lol.
Old 08-07-2005, 06:51 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 09:00 AM
The Police were big into putting their own money into making their records so that they wouldn't be forever in debt to their record company