Selection Sunday Baby!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheFly7

The Fly
Ahhhh yes. It's christmas day for the college basketball fan. Gotta love it.

Who's going to be the four no. 1 seeds? Here's my thinking:

Illinois - Obvious
Wake Forest - RPI no. 2 and wins over Duke and UNC
Kansas - RPI no. 1, SOS no. 1
Duke/North Carolina - if Duke wins ACC, they've gotta be ahead of the Heels. If they lose, UNC gets it.

But of course the real story of the day is where the UCONN Huskies end up. Whoever gets the champs is in for a tough road to St. Louie...

iowa after a 7-9 conference record in a down big 10?

i dont think indiana should be in but they were 10-6 in the big 10, there is no way iowa should be in

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NORTH CAROLINA #1 SEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UNC and Duke could possibly meet in the final four!!!!!

Iowa definitely did surprise me. As did Northern Iowa and Iowa State....but I'm freakin' lovin' it!

Got Philk? said:
So which 12 seed is looking good this year vs. the 5 seed?

Watch UW-Milwaukee over Alabama.

I saw New Mexico play this weekend and they looked great too, but Villanova is just so tough, that's a hard pick to make...

Go Huskies

Got Philk? said:
Go Cyclones!

Kariatari, where you from in Iowa if I may ask? Ever heard of Pella? I lived there through high school...

sorry, off topic. So which 12 seed is looking good this year vs. the 5 seed?

Yes I've heard of Pella! I'm going there in April to watch my brother's baseball team take on Central College.

I'm originally from around Sioux City, but I go to the University of Northern Iowa in Cedar Falls. That said, I got my tickets and I'm going to Oklahoma City to cheer on my Panthers!

If I had gone to school in Iowa, I would have gone to UNI! Good school! I'll be rooting for you guys!

I had some friends go to Northwestern in Orange City. That's kind of close to Sioux City right?

Wow, plenty of memories of Central College. My high school used their field to play games on! But most, I think I remember my summer job a few years ago painting the dugouts. Check out that paint job! Booyah!

TheFly7 said:

Watch UW-Milwaukee over Alabama.

You are the second person I have heard say that today, and the first was one of my most obnoxious Alabama friends.

What concerns me is their guy who hits something like 276 3-pointers per game; that is where Sparks (Kentucky) destroyed us 2 weeks ago, and Walsh (Florida) didn't help us much with his 3s on Saturday. When somebody is hitting their 3s against us, I don't care who they are, we are vulnerable. The UW-M coach is talking us up on TV and that disturbs me.

~U2Alabama

Got Philk? said:
If I had gone to school in Iowa, I would have gone to UNI! Good school! I'll be rooting for you guys!

I had some friends go to Northwestern in Orange City. That's kind of close to Sioux City right?

I have a bunch of friends up at Northwestern right now.

And thanks for pulling for the Panthers! :sexywink:

An interesting question about tonight's play-in game:
Why is 12-18 Oakland (Mich) a 6.5 point favorite over 18-13 Alabama A&M??
Things that make you go HMMM.

How did Louisville get a #4 Seed? They were ranked #6 in the whole country and lost in the SEC tournament finals. Is that reason to drop them to a #4?

not a louisville fan...i like patino, but just wondering....:huh:

pulling for UNC to win it all, but they got a tough, tough road

RademR said:
How did Louisville get a #4 Seed?

They got screwed, no doubt about it.

BUT the only reasoning I see is that they do have an RPI of 12 and a Strength of Schedule of 54 that hurts them. Three of the other 3 seeds have higher RPI's (AZ (8), Gonzaga (10), and KU (1)) plus better SOS. The amazing thing is that OU' RPI is 18, six behind the Cards. Hmmmm...

I guess playing in the C-USA kind of hurt their overall argument. However even if that was the case, they should have been in as a 3 at least over Gonzaga!

I'm vexed...

the RPI this year was messed up

they had Kansas at #1 all year when Illinois was undefeated...

RademR said:
How did Louisville get a #4 Seed? They were ranked #6 in the whole country and lost in the SEC tournament finals. Is that reason to drop them to a #4?

Actually they won their conf. tourney.
They play in Conference USA (till they hit the Big East next year)

Headache in a Suitcase said:

shoulda lost... heartbreaker for that freshman from memphis. couldn't think of a worse way to lose... well... never mind :wink:

ya i saw that live, i felt so bad for the guy. he was crushed.

sorry about the mistake btw, louisville did win.

Oh well. What a waste of a double lunch hour. I should have drank beer and gone home and gone to sleep instead of going back to work. I went to a 3:30 meeting after the game and my clients remarked that they figured I had already shot myself.

At least football season is only 5 1/2 months away.

I miss Antwan Pettway and Erwin Dudley. I will miss watching March Madness at the beach next week. Why can't we learn how to guard against effective 3-point teams?

~U2Alabama

Hey EP! :wink:

Iowa sucked it up first round... I'm ashamed. My poor Panthers started to shape up but it was a little too late. Awesome time seeing them play though! Now I guess I'll have to cheer for the Cyclones.

Back
Top Bottom