Select your weakness and DESCRIBE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Viva: Well... :wink: Nah, not really - just mainly hanging out w/old friends, relaxing at home w/the family (and my animals, I've missed my cats and dog a lot! :sad: ), and just chillin'. :cool:

LemonMacPhisto: I totally agree, TFC is terribly underrated. Being a broke college student I don't own all of the Floyd's albums, but I do have (acronym alert! :lol: ) DSoTM, WYWH, TFC, and The Wall Live: 1980-1 (it was cheaper than the studio version by about half, go figure :shrug: ), and what I've heard of Animals is absolutely amazing. :love: Have you heard Waters' solo album Amused to Death, by any chance? It's sort of in the same vein as TFC, and probably one of my favorite albums ever. Incredibly powerful!

Wow, I just realized what a total Pink Floyd dork I am...rambling on and on about albums and such. :reject: :lol: I guess my boyfriend's right - I do tend to go a bit overboard with bands I like, lol...if I get into a band, I really get into them and find out everything I can about their music, background, etc. :nerd:

Cabcere said:
Viva: Well... :wink: Nah, not really - just mainly hanging out w/old friends, relaxing at home w/the family (and my animals, I've missed my cats and dog a lot! :sad: ), and just chillin'. :cool:

LemonMacPhisto: I totally agree, TFC is terribly underrated. Being a broke college student I don't own all of the Floyd's albums, but I do have (acronym alert! :lol: ) DSoTM, WYWH, TFC, and The Wall Live: 1980-1 (it was cheaper than the studio version by about half, go figure :shrug: ), and what I've heard of Animals is absolutely amazing. :love: Have you heard Waters' solo album Amused to Death, by any chance? It's sort of in the same vein as TFC, and probably one of my favorite albums ever. Incredibly powerful!

Wow, I just realized what a total Pink Floyd dork I am...rambling on and on about albums and such. :reject: :lol: I guess my boyfriend's right - I do tend to go a bit overboard with bands I like, lol...if I get into a band, I really get into them and find out everything I can about their music, background, etc. :nerd:

Don't worry, I'm the exact same way w/ all of my Top 10 bands pretty much.

I haven't heard Amused to Death but I've heard Hitchhiking *forgot the rest of the title* is great too :up:

I might buy them on half.com, are they worth it?

^^^ Yeah, it's exam time for me so I've been kinda busy...not as busy as I should have been, since I still have two papers to write :madspit: but yeah, I've missed y'all! :hug:

^^ :) Good to know I'm not the only one, lol. :wink: I haven't heard Pros & Cons of Hitchhiking (I think that's the title?), but I think if you like The Final Cut you'll really enjoy Amused to Death. :up: Well, maybe "enjoy" isn't quite the right word - it's a pretty dark album - but I think you'll definitely appreciate it. It's very intense, and certainly not for everybody, but as I say it's similar to TFC so since you like that album, ATD would probably be a good buy for you. :) Hope that helps!

love_u2_adam said:
can i made the new thread when it comes up.....please please i have a good tittle:hyper::hyper:

Fine by me! :up: :) Is it time for a new thread when this one hits 500 replies or something? I'm not sure exactly how that works... :huh:

^^ thanks cab, i'll look into it, I'm a broke high school student so we're close to in the same boat right?

^ and kalya, by all means, do it, i won't stop you

...this time :macdevil:

Cabcere said:

Fine by me! :up: :) Is it time for a new thread when this one hits 500 replies or something? I'm not sure exactly how that works... :huh:

yes, usually mods lock the thread or move it to the "archive" forums

and it's continued in another thread, this thread and the setlist parties are great examples of this

LemonMacPhisto said:
^^ thanks cab, i'll look into it, I'm a broke high school student so we're close to in the same boat right?

:) Any time, glad to help. And yeah, I feel your pain! :huh: :wink:

LemonMacPhisto said:

yes, usually mods lock the thread or move it to the "archive" forums

and it's continued in another thread, this thread and the setlist parties are great examples of this

Ohh, okay. Cool. :cool: You guys are so cool about answering my n00b questions, lol. :laugh:

Kayla, we're getting there! :wink:

IF YOU CAN'T EAT YOUR MEAT YOU CAN'T HAVE ANY PUDDING

HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YOUR MEAT?

LemonMacPhisto said:
IF YOU CAN'T EAT YOUR MEAT YOU CAN'T HAVE ANY PUDDING

HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YOUR MEAT?

Yesssss! :hyper: :laugh: Oh how I love The Wall. Come to think of it, I think "Comfortably Numb" is the song that got me into Floyd...looooove those guitar solos. :drool:

Cabcere said:

Yesssss! :hyper: :laugh: Oh how I love The Wall. Come to think of it, I think "Comfortably Numb" is the song that got me into Floyd...looooove those guitar solos. :drool:

The first Floyd song I heard was Wish You Were Here:sad::love::heart:

and Money was the one that kept me in :drool::rockon::D

LemonMacPhisto said:

The first Floyd song I heard was Wish You Were Here:sad::love::heart:

and Money was the one that kept me in :drool::rockon::D

Both excellent songs. Mmmm, Money...:drool: I love playing that song on my bass because it's one of the few (ha!) songs I can play, and it sounds awesome. :D

Back
Top Bottom