Seeing Pearl Jam last night........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rejoicing fan

The Fly
reminded me that I want to go buy one of a CD of one of their concerts from last tour. Did anyone buy one of these CD's??? What one should I get???

Thanks.

Originally posted by rejoicing fan:
reminded me that I want to go buy one of a CD of one of their concerts from last tour. Did anyone buy one of these CD's??? What one should I get???

Thanks.

i was at montreal, so i bought montreal. it's really good. i don't know that it's the best though.

------------------
i'm a reasonable man
get off my case

I have the same question. I'm not the biggest Pearl Jam fan in the world, but I think they make some of the best music out there right now, and I think "Vitalogy" is a great album.

-------------------
"little secrets, tremors..
turned to quake..
the smallest oceans still get
big, big waves."

Pearl Jam

If you look at the back covers of the North American bootlegs you'll see that each show is numbered - that being said, if you see an additional icon next to the number which resembles their evoultion "man next to primate" logo - then that show is recomended as a standout by the band. I go by the setlists and if they seem to have a good mix then I go for it. Hope that helps
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Calvin N. Hobbes (edited 09-22-2001).]

Originally posted by rejoicing fan:

Thanks.

It depends on the songs you want. They literally turn the setlist upside down every night. I have SeattleII, Milan, Columbus and Charlotte. Of these, Milan and Sea are best. I'm also looking to pick up Atlanta, Tampa, and Jones Beach. Boston and Phily both have good reps on the PJ boards.

Hope this helps

------------------
Sometimes the most powerful thing you can do for someone is to just tell them to fuck off. I am told to fuck off rather a lot by these three gentlemen.

I have 7 of them, 3 from Europe and 4 from N. America.
All are quite good.
Of the ones I have, I would recommend Boston night 2 or Philly, but likely you will be happy with any one.

one other thing, if you want the song they played on the Tribute to Heroes (The Long Road), it is on, among others, Jones Beach 8/23, and Seattle 11/5.

------------------
Sometimes the most powerful thing you can do for someone is to just tell them to fuck off. I am told to fuck off rather a lot by these three gentlemen.

I've only got the Hamburg bootleg because I attended the concert. Great show! Hamburg was the only show of the European leg of the tour where PJ played "Crazy Mary" and "Baba O'Riley". Other highlights include fantastic versions of "Black" and "Present Tense". Neither "Alive" nor "Jeremy" were played that night, so if you want to buy one show that includes all the hits, this show might not be the one for you, but otherwise it's perfect!

If I would only buy one of the bootlegs and didn't attend one the shows, I'd probably buy the last one (Seattle, November 6th) because it's the longest show (3 cds).

Thanks for all y'alls opinions. I went to Target today and I saw the Seattle 11-6 show on sale, so I bought it. I really like it...it's a nice mix of Pearl Jam. It's not the best soundboard quality, but it's still really good.

I might also get the Seattle 11-5 one, but in the one I have Eddie Vedder mentions twice that the show on the 6th was much better than the one on the 5th...so we'll see.

Columbus 8/21 is a great recording IMO.
Seattle 11/6 seems to be a stellar show from all that I've heard.

If you buy others...

The two shows in Spodek, Poland have almost completely different setlists, and are tremendous.

------------------
They want you to be Jesus
They'll go down on one knee
But they'll want their money back
If you're alive at thirty-three
And you're turning tricks
With your crucifix
You're a star

"I can't watch a man sing a song. He gets all emotional, he starts swaying...it's embarrassing!" -- Jerry Seinfeld

Back
Top Bottom