Secret Machines - Ten Silver Drops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

XHendrix24

Refugee
The new Secret Machines album leaked about a week or so ago.

So fantastic. :drool:

I haven't heard any of their other albums in full (just a song or two here and there), and therefore I don't really have anything to compare it to, so all I can say is that it's really good.

Alone, Jealous & Stoned? All At Once (It's Not Important)? Lightning Blue Eyes (this one's probably my favorite at the moment)? Faded Lines? :ohmy:

Yeah. So it's really good. Like I said, I haven't heard any of their other albums in full, but I don't think that fans will be disappointed with this one.

And just to reiterate: :drool::drool::drool:

It's good. Similar to the first, but slightly mellow in spots.

We'll test this out in the ole car cd player this week.

Full report to follow.

over & out.

I downloaded a few days ago and have been listening to it on and off (moreso on..) .

so far my favorite has been 'Lightening Blue Eyes' also :up:
'Now Here Is Nowhere' is beautiful too. :yes:

all in all, I think it's a great follow up album :drool: :drool:

great! fantastic band, I'll download it and then buy it

and they are going to open for U2 here in Mexico :hyper:

Unfortunately none of the m p 3 blogs I frequent have it up yet. I'd snag the torrent, but damn university firewalls.

Love the first record. Doesn't hurt that they got their start in Dallas, so they hit a little close to home. They're opening some shows for U2 on the 4th leg, and I'm pretty jealous of those who get to see them. I've never got around to it although I'd really like to.

inmyplace13 said:
I'm pretty jealous of those who get to see them. I've never got around to it although I'd really like to.

The several times that I've now seen the band live (always in the Chi, mind you) have been more-or-less mind-blowing. You should totally check 'em out once they get back on the road for real...provided, of course, that this album doesn't suck. "The Road Leads Where It's Led" EP sure did, so we'll see what happens.

Even so, thanks for the alert, kids! I'd no idea of this leak, and it's definitely one of my most-anticipated releases of the year. Hopefully they'll make a good record this time, rather than a good half of a record. I want nothing more than for this band to REALLY hit a home run and finally fulfill the promise they've shown since way back when September 000 was released. God, I want them to be as good as I think they maybe can be...

I'm definitely enjoying what I'm hearing, so far. Unfortunately, though, I've run into a problem for which I'm trying to get a little help.

For some reason, no matter how I try to deal with this torrent, "Lightning Blue Eyes" (the third track) comes out corrupt each and every time. If anybody would be so kind as to either YSI it or just e-mail that one track to me at poptart725@ gmail. com, I would appreciate it more than ever I could possibly say.

Thanks in advance for any help which somebody may be able to provide. If not, then at least I'm still lucky enough to be hearing the rest of this so far in advance. Technical glitches aside, I really do love the internet sometimes.

Last edited:
fantastic live act! im jealous of you mexico folk seeing them open for u2, especially considering the, let us say, "less than stellar" openers i had to endure for the shows in the states

If anyone here visits any blogs where they post albums and finds a link for this, could you send it to me at inmyplace13@hotmail.com? I can't download torrents, like I said previously, and there still isn't any sight of it on the sites I normally visit for music.

If you shout... said:
I'm definitely enjoying what I'm hearing, so far. Unfortunately, though, I've run into a problem for which I'm trying to get a little help.

For some reason, no matter how I try to deal with this torrent, "Lightning Blue Eyes" (the third track) comes out corrupt each and every time. If anybody would be so kind as to either YSI it or just e-mail that one track to me at poptart725@ gmail. com, I would appreciate it more than ever I could possibly say.

Thanks in advance for any help which somebody may be able to provide. If not, then at least I'm still lucky enough to be hearing the rest of this so far in advance. Technical glitches aside, I really do love the internet sometimes.

im having the same problem....and it sounds like such a great song!

I'm a little late on picking up this album, but I'm quite surprised by it. I've listened to it once on a drive and once closely now and I have to say that I'm very surprised over all the negative press and criticism this album has received. Sure, it's a different kind of album than Now Here is Nowhere was but in some ways I think it's a more cohesive and better flowing album than that was. A great album if you listen to it for what it is, not for what the last album was. Anyways, that's how I'm feeling right now and such.

Well I think the Brauster might pop in and say this, but I'm going to first:

1,000 Seconds :drool:

I like this album a whole lot too (as mofo well knows). "Daddy's in the Doldrums" is my favorite track. I definitely think it's a more solid record through and through than Now Here Is Nowhere.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom