Secret Machines -- Now Here is Nowhere

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Disco I'm listening now to samples on musicmatch. I couldn't find them on I-tunes.

So far I really like them. The samples are too short but I'm gonna buy it.

There are 6 tracks on a more recent single. The road leads where it's led. immer weider is really good.

What track do you like so far?

I hate musicmatch. What store did you find the CD in?

well, is an album of 2004, I like it but I don't listen to it often

redkat said:

What track do you like so far?

I hate musicmatch. What store did you find the CD in?

right now, i'm really loving every track. my favourites are First Wave Intact, The Road Leads Where It's Led, and You Are Chains

my aunt works for Warner Music and she gave my a box of free CDs today :yes:

kakvox said:
It's an amazing album. :drool:

truth be told

i've been liking them for awhile. they're tuly excellent.

you are chains :drool:

I think that the album is pretty fucking good, but that it also has more than enough flaws to go around. I readily admit that I've put of lot of responsibility on the band's shoulders, being that this album shows SO much promise, that their live shows are pulverizing and spectacular, and that their visual aesthetic has suddenly become well-honed, visceral, and quite attention-grabbing.

When this album takes off ("First Wave Intact," "Sad and Lonely," "Nowhere Again," "The Road Leads Where It's Led," etc.), it is nearly untouchable. I still remember listening to this with the crew on the way to a U2 show in the Chi, last May, and being like, "God damn...I wish we were seeing the Secret Machines, tonight!" Whenever I listen to the album and come across these and other moments of such insane brilliance, I get all kinds of "this band will save the world, motherfuckers!" But that's probably not true.

The EP that came out this summer was pretty un-good, and showed the band in a pretty indulgent and plodding state. Their debut EP, September 000 had some, but not nearly as many, of the same problems.

I really can't wait for their new album (out in early 2006), because I want so desperately for them to live up to their otherworldly potential...but their seemingly intensifying penchant for sub-Pink Floyd, meaningless atmospherics in under-developed and under-written songs causes me no small bit of concern.

Still, there are few things as cool as stumbling across an album--warts and all--as promising as this one. I feel like this is what the people who got Boy must've felt like when that record came out--it's anyting but perfect, but damn can this bitch cook when it's on! I hope for great things--give the record a go!

I hope my rambling hasn't turned anybody off....

i love this album! one of my favourites of last year

haven't heard their new ep, but it sounds interesting. im not sure if their next lp will match the debut, but im eager to hear it.

oh yeah, their live show is FANTASTIC!

oh wait. i did listen to this. i got it confused with something else. good stuff.

edit: i didn't mean i got it confused with something good, i meant the album = good stuff.

iys, good call. i got this album in june, because i wanted to check them out before i saw them open for kOl. i remember the way down to the show, i popped the disc in and told the guy i was going with, THIS IS WHAT WE GET TONIGHT!

it is such an intense start to the record. it makes you think that this is what rock and roll was meant to be!

and as good as kOl were that night, the secret machines put on almost the best (right below u2) live show that i've ever seen. the atmosphere, the intensity of the sound, the overwhelming light show (and the green cloud coming from the GA kids) all combined to make it an exhilirating, breathtaking experience.

i think i'm going to go listen to that album now...

i can't believe secret machines had to suffer the ignominy of opening for k of l. i would think it would be evident to anyone with ears who deserved to headline that tour.

bollox said:
i can't believe secret machines had to suffer the ignominy of opening for k of l. i would think it would be evident to anyone with ears who deserved to headline that tour.

They co-headlined all summer. Neither band had top billing.

If you shout... said:

They co-headlined all summer. Neither band had top billing.

huh, fair enough. though it was my understanding that k of l still played last every nite.

i didn't see this tour, i saw secret machines when they headlined their own tour :)

Back
Top Bottom