Secret Machines anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
I remember getting The Secret Machines' first LP back when it came back and enjoying it immensely. I'm actually listening to it right now and it still sounds great. But what is the general consensus in regards to this band?

I for one thought their debut showed great promice, but the whole thing felt a little contrived. I could get over that though, because the songs were so strong. I never picked up their follow-up album, and I've heard mixed things about it. I sort of expected their sophomore album to suffer the curse of the sophomore slump, but I want to know one thing. Is it less contrived? Because even if it's not as strong, I'd like to know if they're at least trying to find their own unique niche.

I have their first album, and it's pretty decent but never really listened to it much, my favourite song from it is First Wave Intact. Another song I love by them is Lightning Blue Eyes from the second album, still haven't got that album yet though.

I like Ten Silver Drops better. While the first album had better atmosphere, the second album I think had better songs.

Really good band. Especially live. Probably one of my favorite current bands, actually.

Back
Top Bottom