secret machines

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
delicious! absolutely delicious!

any other fans here? distortiadelicious!

i recommend downloading the song 'sad and lonely'.

If you point me where to download their stuff, I'd appreciate it.
I don't use file sharing anymore, is there a website?

Their single is awesome, I'd love to hear more.

yeah, i actually found all my stuff through kazaa light and soulseek.

sorry i can't help you out more...

I have their album. :up:

I also have a ticket to their show this Saturday. They're opening for Interpol. :up:

You Are Chains is my favorite song of theirs. :up:

Indeed.

For some reason I'm a fan of You Are Chains.

:up:

Elvis Presley said:
good stuff, dont have the album yet, but its on my shortlist..

I dont either. I do need to get it.

I dig the songs of theirs I've heard, and I know lots of people with good taste around these parts like them :up:

Have to love Sad and Lonely they're good live too or so I've been told

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/st...retmachines?pageid=rs.Home&pageregion=single1

Secret Machines Wrap CD
New York trio to release "Nowhere" follow-up next year

Although the Secret Machines just released The Road Leads Where It's Led EP last month, the New York City-based trio has already finished recording their next album. The as-yet-untitled follow-up to their breakout debut, Now Here Is Nowhere, is due next year.
The Machines -- bassist/singer Brandon Curtis, guitarist (and brother) Ben Curtis and drummer Josh Garza -- recorded at Allaire Studios in the Catskills in upstate New York. The album will be mixed in London in September with producer Alan Moulder (Nine Inch Nails, My Bloody Valentine). "We have tons more material than we had to choose from for the last record," says Brandon Curtis, "which is a blessing and a curse."

Much of the new material -- including the songs "Lightning Blue Eyes," "Faded Lines" and "Daddy in the Doldrums" -- has been thoroughly road-tested. "We knew we were going to make another record this year, so we took a batch of new songs and performed them pretty regularly," says Curtis. "So they actually were afforded the chance to be developed in a live setting. By the time we got into the studio, it was almost like we were recording songs that we'd already recorded." Another live standard on the new LP is "I Want to Know If It's Still Possible," which features the Band's Garth Hudson on accordion.

While the upcoming full-length features original material, the six-song The Road Leads Where It's Led EP marries a pair of originals with covers of classics, such as a moving rendition of Bob Dylan's "Girl From the North Country," a woozy version on Van Morrison's "Astral Weeks" and a glacial take on the Motown staple "Money (That's What I Want)."

"It was good to take a song or structure you don't really have any personal attachment to, except for being a fan of it, and work with that," Curtis explains. "It was very instructive for us in working on our next record -- it opened up the way we approach songs, that state of mind where you can approach the song more as a form and interpret the musical parts and instrumentation with a bit of an objective view."

The Dylan song, in particular, proved a challenge. "On the Nashville Skyline version, he's kind of taking the piss out of it with Johnny Cash," says Curtis. "But when I hear that song, it makes me feel something, a really poignant longing. So it was less about duplicating the artist's original intentions, and more about figuring out what the song means to you and what emotion or image or thought it conveys."

After they wrap their current European tour, the Secret Machines will tour the U.S. with Kings of Leon.

Secret Machines/Kings of Leon dates:

7/15: Portland, OR, Roseland Theater
7/16: Seattle, Moore Theatre
7/18: San Francisco, The Fillmore
7/19: San Francisco, The Fillmore
7/20: San Francisco, The Fillmore
7/22: Los Angeles, The Wiltern
7/23: Los Angeles, The Wiltern
7/24: San Diego, 4th and B
7/26: Denver, Paramount Theatre
7/28: Minneapolis, First Avenue
7/29: Milwaukee, The Rave/Eagles Club
7/30: Chicago, Congress Theatre
8/02: Pontiac, MI, Clutch Cargo
8/03: Toronto, Kool Haus
8/05: Boston, Avalon
8/06: Philadelphia, Electric Factory
8/08: New York, Roseland
8/09: Sayreville, NJ, Starland Ballroom
8/11: Washington, DC, 9:30 Club
8/12: Norfolk, VA, The NorVa
8/13: Myrtle Beach, SC, House of Blues
8/15: Lake Buena Vista, FL, House of Blues
8/16: Fort Lauderdale, FL, Revolution
8/19: Asheville, NC, Orange Peel
8/20: Nashville, Ryman Auditorium

I was going to make a thread about them. I bought their record on my birthday in August of last year and have loved them ever since. Great, great record. It's a shame new bands like The Killers can get so much publicity but truly talented and unique bands like the Machines don't get as much.

"First Wave Intact" is one of my favorite album openers ever.

I've known about them for a year or so, but I'm surprised I didn't before then, considering their DFW ties.

Good band. I see A LOT of potential with these guys. The album isn't very long, as the last track is practically "Nowhere Again" with a different arrangment. And about half of the remaining 8 tracks are really good to great, while the other half range from mediocre to just OK.

Sad and Lonely is fantastic. As is Nowhere Again. My personal favrotie from the album though is Pharohs Daughter.

:up:

funny, i always hear secret machines (and pinback for that matter) at moxies restaurant.

oh man, next to u2, secret machines put on the best live show i've ever seen. good call on the energetic drummer, that guy rocks.

i love their cd, but as good as it is, the songs are sooo much better live. "you are chains", "sad and lonely", "first wave intact", and "the road leads where its led" are all amazing, and the light show was awesome. i had such an out of body experience (but then again, that coulda been more due to the green cloud drifting back from GA).

imo, they stole the show from kOl (who were still good though).

GREAT band!

Bumping the old thread, don't want to start a new one........

Has anyone heard the new song?
Blue Eyes....something

I thought it was awesome.

They're awesome! :rockon:

I downloaded a few of their songs after their Vertigo support dates in Mexico to see what they sound like and I've been hooked ever since.

Lightning Blue Eyes
You Are Chains
Nowhere Again

are my favorites.

I know they're at Lolla, so I'm hoping they'll be making the festival rounds and possibly show up at ACL.

I just bought my 3-Day pass :rockon:

You Are Chains is certainly one of my personal favourites:D

Though does anyone know what the songs Breathe, Marconi's Radio and Still See You are off? I've had them on my computer for about 3 years I think now..must be some early EP i guess?

LJT said:

Though does anyone know what the songs Breathe, Marconi's Radio and Still See You are off? I've had them on my computer for about 3 years I think now..must be some early EP i guess?

EP is called September 000.

Back
Top Bottom