Second Passion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annie_vox

Refugee
I don't know if this has been asked before... If it has I'm sorry.

What is your passion next to U2?

It can be another band, a city, an author, a painter, an actor, a movie, an animal... Anything...

Gymnastics!

as05acfx3.gif

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Gymnastics!

as05acfx3.gif

:ohmy:

SignalHill-StJohns-NF.jpg

It's walking/hiking for me. I'm kind of insanely obsessed with it :happy: I usually hike up the hill in the picture (Signal Hill) every day. You can't see it clearly in the image, but there's a beautiful trail that twists and turns alongside the ocean, and leads up to Cabot Tower (the castle-looking structure on top). I'll head up there in snow, wind, rain, fog, or whatever, with my mp3 player pumping out the official soundtrack of my madness.

It's very inspiring...:drool:

LOL this thread's title scared me......I thought it was about a Passion of the Christ sequel. :wink:

-I paint and draw,
-I also like reading & writing a lot
-I'm into politics & sociological issues
-helping people out & going on missionary trips
-latin american culture

but if you mean passion as in U2.....
then I guess my other passions are listening to music and watching cool film
to be specific.... the most I listen to are: Radiohead, Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan, Beck, Police, Jeff Buckely, Nick Drake, Neil Young
TV show - Curb Your Enthusiasm, Conan O'Brien, Seinfeld , old simpsons episodes

actors: sean penn, ed norton, benicion del toro, johnny depp, liam neeson, gael garcia, christian bale, bill murray, john c reiley

directors: tarantino, coppola, inarritu, shymalan, pt anderson, mallick, gondry, finch

I like too many painters but if I had to choose I guess my top 2 would be Dali & Warhol

writers I enjoy - Vonnegut, Garcia Marquez, Palahniuk, Schlosser, Kerouac, Neruda, Lorca, Quiroga, Groening, Burroughs Ginsberg & of course Hunter S Thompson

Football (soccer)
Indie Music
Girls
Beer
New York City
The comedy of Bill Hicks
Bass Guitar
Cool Clothes
Being with friends
The Office TV series

that's about it, not all in that order though :wink:

:drool:

I would say my first passion has to be my animals (currently 10 cats and two dogs). I've had critters all my life and most likely will continue to have them the rest of my life also.

My second passion is music. I obsess over The Church now, but have listened to a variety of music for as long as I can remember also. When I was a tot I used to listen to my dad's classical records and dance around the house. Just kinda grew from there.

And I've always been around art. My mum used to paint and draw all the time and my dad made stained glass. I learned how to do the glass from him and now am working to make a living from the glass (didn't do so hot this year for various reasons, but plan to re-energise and make it work better in 2006). I also promote and sell the art of another artist I know (who really hates the business side of art...so I do it for him :) ).

BigMacPhisto said:
LOL this thread's title scared me......I thought it was about a Passion of the Christ sequel. :wink:

Ack! Same here! Whew!

Well let's see....mine would be my son who I am so proud of and enjoying getting to know him as an adult, my family and friends who mean so much to me, challenging myself at work, my puppy dog, music, writing and living near the beach which keeps me sane. :wink:

reading (anything), travelling when $$ permit, drinking,the beach and this year exercise will be back at the top now that I have more time again.

Music, for sure. Miss IMP13, too.

But the biggest this time of year?

mavericks_282x243.jpg

U2Girl1978 said:
Reading
family
texas hold em poker
eating
movies

Wait a minute....where did the steamy hot sex go? :ohmy:

(you were my hero for a while there.... :( )

Back
Top Bottom