Sean Bean deserves his own thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lylas

The Fly
I have such newfound respect (huge honking gaga crush) for the man after seeing him in Fellowship and the Sharpe series. I think the only things I'd seen him in before were Patriot Games and Goldeneye where he did such good jobs playing the baddies that I did not like him at all.

I thought Boromir was going to be another rat bastard, especially after reading the book, but I was absolutely amazed and delighted that Sean Bean's Boromir was incredibly sympathetic and his death incredibly moving. Great interpretation of the role!

And Sharpe just kicks ass. He is a very good honorable man, though I do wish that he'd stop punching people all the time, not that they didn't deserve.

Post pics, thoughts, recommendation, reviews, etc here.
smile.gif

1-29869.jpg

mainsharpepic.jpg

I've been a huge fan of Sean Bean since his stellar work in patriot games. I thought he was great in LOTR. Also for Christmas I got RONIN and who is in it? Surprise, surprise Sean Bean. He's great in Ronin and a part of a kind I haven't seen him play before.

Just saw Stormy Monday and I highly recommend it. Sean Bean looks incredibly young in it, and he plays a very innocent sweet young man, very different from any of the other roles I've seen him in. His character gets caught up in a dispute between the owner of a jazz club and a ruthless American real estate developer who has some very shady and violent connections. He also ends up falling in love with an American waitress who turns out to be a part time call girl for the real estate developer.

Sting, yes Sting!, plays the club owner and does a really amazing and cool job. Tommy Lee Jones and Melanie Griffith are the Americans. The love story plotline between Bean's and Griffith's characters is really quite lovely, and Tommy Lee Jones is his old charasmatically viscious self. Fabulous jazz score and great cinematography too.

stormy8a.jpg

Did anyone else catch the "still Sharp(e)" joke in LOTR? It's actually his first line in the movie. I laughed out loud in the theater. Of course I was the ONLY one who laughed out loud in the theater. Oh well...

I've had a super-huge crush on Mr. Bean for a bunch of years now. He was interviewed on the Rosie O'Donnell show (of all shows!) last week. He actually gave away the end of the movie! Nice! Anyway, always good to know there are more of his fans out there!

Originally posted by ti-hua:
Did anyone else catch the "still Sharp(e)" joke in LOTR? It's actually his first line in the movie. I laughed out loud in the theater. Of course I was the ONLY one who laughed out loud in the theater. Oh well...

Haha! Do you think that was deliberate? It could be.

Wow, this guy is really handsome. There are some fine looking men in LOTR! But my favourite character is still Gandalf!
biggrin.gif

By the way, I think they made an effort to make Boromir quite a bit more likeable in the film than the book. Not too much so, but definitely more. He can get pretty insufferable in the book.

------------------
You say you want
Diamonds on a ring of gold
Your story to remain untold
Your love not to grow cold

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 12-30-2001).]

Oh wow, that Still Sharp joke didn't occur to me at all. Hahaha. I suppose it could have been intentional. PJ is definitely not without a sense of humor.

Grr..I missed him on Rosie last week. I've seen some pictures from the show though and he looked quite nice. I heard Rosie talked to him a bit about his tendency to show his naked arse in his movies too. eep

My dad was so terrible, I had to elbow him in the cinema. When Boromir... oh well, see spoiler above
wink.gif
- he said, "That's what happens when you're related to Mr. Bean!" Fortunately he said it in a foreign language, but I was still embarrassed. What is it about parents that they can still embarrass you when you're 30?

Back
Top Bottom