Scrubs Fans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kiki

New Yorker
mainly in my fantasy land.....ooooo how I wish it
Anyone like the show Scrubs?

We got rid of our cable last Fall so we completely lost TV since we had no antenae. Anyway, we've not seen last season's Scrubs and don't want to start this seasons. I've been trying to find out when the next DVD comes out but can't find it anywhere. Can anyone help me?????

Oh yeah....now we've got free cable.....so we can watch it again but we're avoiding it so we can catch up first!!

hey Kiki, definitely like Scrubs. :yes: my fiance and I can kill off an entire season on DVD in a few sittings :reject: we missed nearly all of last season too, so it will be new to us. I believe it's coming out on October 30. go to tvshowsondvd.com, their site is pretty good and has release dates for a ton of shows.

i've only caught a few episodes...can someone tell me what was the result of that episode with the botched transplants...where Dr. Cox "quits"...i saw it once but never saw the episode after...

It is my belief that Scrubs will go down as the most criminally underrated sitcom of its generation. While The Office is hilarious, I REALLY believe that Scrubs is indeed better and will ultimately be remembered as the best of NBC's 'no laugh track' shows. It's brilliant.

Dr. Cox is one of the great characters in recent sitcoms.

JD, Turk, Elliot, Dr. Kelso, the janitor, Ted the hospital attorny, Carla....all brilliant characters, and the interaction between them is what makes this show.

namkcuR said:
It is my belief that Scrubs will go down as the most criminally underrated sitcom of its generation. While The Office is hilarious, I REALLY believe that Scrubs is indeed better and will ultimately be remembered as the best of NBC's 'no laugh track' shows. It's brilliant.

Dr. Cox is one of the great characters in recent sitcoms.

JD, Turk, Elliot, Dr. Kelso, the janitor, Ted the hospital attorny, Carla....all brilliant characters, and the interaction between them is what makes this show.

don't forget The Todd. :hi5: :wink:

europop2005 said:
i've only caught a few episodes...can someone tell me what was the result of that episode with the botched transplants...where Dr. Cox "quits"...i saw it once but never saw the episode after...

Euro, I think you're talking about the one where they were all waiting for transplants and then all three of the patients passed away because the transplantors organs were riddled with rabbies? Right? I think that was from season 5.

Anyway, Dr. Cox "quit" became a ragging drunk who wouldn't talk to anyone, etc. He finally ended up coming back after J.D. FINALLY went to talk to him. JD was staying away because he couldnt deal with Dr. Cox dealing with things the way he had been.

I discovered this show late, via DVD, and I really enjoy it. Unfortunately, the more I watch, the more I can't stand Zach Braff. Sometimes I don't like JD, but mostly I can't stand looking at Zach Braff.

I love, love, LOVE Dr. Cox, though.

I'm bumping this because while I have been a fan for a couple years I am liking the show less the more times I see it. The reason is that the main protagonists, J.D. and Elliot, aren't anyone I care about. They get into so many stupid relationships and we are supposed feel sorry for them when they go awry. How I am supposed to care about Elliot after cheating on Sean with J.D. I hated Sean but come on. Then to have J.D. dump her after she leaves Sean for him. I can't enjoy the show seeing what crappy, sex obsessed these two really are.

I discovered this show late, via DVD, and I really enjoy it. Unfortunately, the more I watch, the more I can't stand Zach Braff. Sometimes I don't like JD, but mostly I can't stand looking at Zach Braff.

I love, love, LOVE Dr. Cox, though.

Yeah, Braff's preening/over-emoting grates on the nerves after a bit.

Word on Dr. Cox, though.

I've been watching this since the pilot, I've flirted with loving other shows but none will eclipse this for me, flat out the funniest and most creative television comedy, but also with a whole lot of heart and meaning.

Really wished it had gone out last season with some nicely tied up loose-ends in the midst of mostly lackluster episodes. Now we have to wait all the way until mid-season to see more sub-par Scrubs being dragged across the finish line. :doh:

Yeah I think Scrubs is past its prime, which was IMO Seasons 1-5, there was rarely a bad episode.

I've haven't seen all of season 7, but for some of it, its just not as awesome as it used to be, that said, I still LOVE the show.

Back
Top Bottom