Scrubs didn't win:( - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-18-2005, 11:07 PM   #1
Refugee
 
U2Fan101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 1,196
Local Time: 09:59 AM
Scrubs didn't win:(

I'm sad Scrubs lost...to Everybody Loves Raymond. Great show, I know, and it probably deserved it as it was it's last season, like how LOTR:TROTK won best picture for really all three. But come on, the real winner is either Arrested Development or Scrubs. And Desperate Housewives should not be in that category. An hour-long show constitutes a drama, NOT a comedy.
__________________

__________________
U2Fan101 is offline  
Old 09-18-2005, 11:15 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict
 
Queen Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Please don't shoot him. He's just an intern.
Posts: 17,705
Local Time: 07:59 AM
Arrested Development
__________________

__________________
Queen Bee is offline  
Old 09-18-2005, 11:21 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In the late 70s, early 80's...
Posts: 8,465
Local Time: 02:59 AM
Agreed. Arrested Development or Scrubs.

Both I found frustrating to watch at the start of their respective runs... but I have suprisingly warmed to them both.

A pity there isnt any outstanding British comodies this year to steal the mantel though.

The Office
Coupling

edit: Everybody Loves Raymond is the most bafflingingly overrated and overwatched show on television. In Australia Will & Grace gives it a run for its money though.
__________________
timothius is offline  
Old 09-18-2005, 11:23 PM   #4
Refugee
 
U2Fan101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 1,196
Local Time: 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by timothius
Agreed. Arrested Development or Scrubs.

Both I found frustrating to watch at the start of their respective runs... but I have suprisingly warmed to them both.

A pity there isnt any outstanding British comodies this year to steal the mantel though.

The Office
Coupling
The Office Amen to that!
__________________
U2Fan101 is offline  
Old 09-18-2005, 11:28 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In the late 70s, early 80's...
Posts: 8,465
Local Time: 02:59 AM
It speaks volumes of the show that it was so brilliant that even the American industry had to acknowledge it.

Was Reno911 nominated. That is some good US comedy. Although that may no longer be in production or may not exactly have the gloss that the Emmys go for.
__________________
timothius is offline  
Old 09-18-2005, 11:34 PM   #6
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!
 
Carek1230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: wishing I was somewhere else....
Posts: 114,480
Local Time: 07:59 AM
Re: Scrubs didn't win:(

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fan101
I'm sad Scrubs lost...to Everybody Loves Raymond. Great show, I know, and it probably deserved it as it was it's last season, like how LOTR:TROTK won best picture for really all three. But come on, the real winner is either Arrested Development or Scrubs. And Desperate Housewives should not be in that category. An hour-long show constitutes a drama, NOT a comedy.


I will be sad along with you. I love Scrubs...Zach is a hottie. And it's a great funny show. I think Everybody Loves Raymond has won enough and been around long enough.......isn't this their last year?
__________________
Carek1230 is offline  
Old 09-18-2005, 11:43 PM   #7
Refugee
 
U2Fan101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 1,196
Local Time: 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by timothius
It speaks volumes of the show that it was so brilliant that even the American industry had to acknowledge it.

Was Reno911 nominated. That is some good US comedy. Although that may no longer be in production or may not exactly have the gloss that the Emmys go for.
No. I don't think anything from Comedy Central gets nominated for anything, which is a shame. And I'm surprised Curb Your Enthusiasm wasn't nominated!
__________________
U2Fan101 is offline  
Old 09-18-2005, 11:58 PM   #8
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,700
Local Time: 07:59 AM
Everybody Loves Raymond won? Feh on that. Thank god that show is done, so it can't win anymore.

Arrested Development, however ... is it Monday night yet? I can't wait for the premiere!

Comedy Central actually won for best writing for (insert category here) - The Daily Show.

Jon Stewart ...
__________________
corianderstem is offline  
Old 09-19-2005, 12:29 AM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In the late 70s, early 80's...
Posts: 8,465
Local Time: 02:59 AM
I was about to say The Daily Show should win whatever catagory it is in. Sadly we only get Global Edition over here.

He = Genius.
Lewis Black = Genius.
__________________
timothius is offline  
Old 09-19-2005, 01:08 AM   #10
fah
Blue Crack Addict
 
fah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In my house with the rest of fahs
Posts: 20,147
Local Time: 07:59 AM
I'm mad

I couldn't vote for the Star Trek theme
__________________
fah is offline  
Old 09-19-2005, 01:17 AM   #11
Blue Crack Supplier
 
IWasBored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 36,503
Local Time: 11:59 AM
queen bee tells me i'm supposed to hate james spader, and all of boston legal now.
__________________
IWasBored is offline  
Old 09-19-2005, 01:22 AM   #12
Blue Crack Addict
 
Queen Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Please don't shoot him. He's just an intern.
Posts: 17,705
Local Time: 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by IWasBored
queen bee tells me i'm supposed to hate james spader, and all of boston legal now.


Wow, that was easy
__________________
Queen Bee is offline  
Old 09-19-2005, 02:06 AM   #13
Blue Crack Supplier
 
IWasBored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 36,503
Local Time: 11:59 AM
that dude beat hugh laurie. nothing difficult there.
__________________
IWasBored is offline  
Old 09-19-2005, 02:36 AM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Jack In The Box's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Mexico
Posts: 7,697
Local Time: 09:59 AM
I'm sick of Everybody Loves Raymond

(note: my favorite current sit com is Two And A Half Men )
__________________
Jack In The Box is offline  
Old 09-19-2005, 02:47 AM   #15
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,710
Local Time: 08:59 AM
Daily Show!
__________________

__________________
Lila64 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com