Screennames-Why???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spinninghead77

Refugee
Why did you choose your username??

Some of the U2 one's-like mine-are pretty obvious. The 77 stands for the year I was born!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

I jsut picked this one but i regret it now cus some ppl think im male..which im not!
biggrin.gif

Isn't it obvious? I mean all the U2 references to sulawesi and all....
tongue.gif
Ok, mebbe not. The real story is...my parents worked in Indonesia from the time I was 3 till I was 16, so I grew up on an island there called Sulawesi. Thus the nick.
smile.gif
It may not be U2-related, but hey at least it's unique.
biggrin.gif

Mine came after my first 10 choices were already taken. Honestly, considering how many names had been taken, I was surprised to see that this one was still open. But I love it now, and I wouldn't want any other name.
wink.gif

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

My favorite color is yellow - and I like to fly kites. (I love windy / stormy days.)

I have a really cool yellow and orange and pink striped kite that I got from my dad before he died. I was little Yellow Feather in Indian Princesses - anybody else know what that is? I have yellow walls and yellow velvet furniture. I love lemons - used to eat them til my dad (the dentist) told me it strips the enamel off your teeth.

Imagine my delight when later in life my favorite band comes up with a lemon and song called Kite! Part of the reason I love U2 so much - they always seem to have the right soundtrack for my life! My dad has been gone for 16 years - he died when I was 16 - but that song just hits me every time.

How much more symbolism can you get in a screenname?

Mone

------------------
You ain't nothin without a rhythm section.

"Who's to say what it is will break you."

1: I love the song Elevation
2: I love moles *cough*
3: Elevation + mole = elevatedmole

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Bono looks too intense for me." - Rollercoaster Tycoon park guest

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

I was given my name by the ppl in the Toronto GA line, due to being married to Edge clone. And of course, am married to THE EDGE in spirit!

Originally posted by YellowKite:
Hey melon - Fun-roe MI?

Home of Custer and all that? I'm a gander, too!

You from Monroe as well? An old friend of mine called this place FUN-roe one day, and I've been calling it that ever since. Hehe...

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

It was just the name that came to mind at the moment I was registering. The funny thing is I can't remember the last time I went on a pub crawl.

Other reasons: I didn't want "U2" in my username. And finally, I wanted sort of a dark name. It's really my sense of humor (or my sense of the absurd) more than anything.

Oh, and I do like a good beer.

I love Bono, and I'm a chick.

Bonochick

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

I just realized I only live like 2 and a half hours from melon.

Wanna come over and eat grilled cheese sandwiches and blow bubbles and watch the fluffy clouds pass by?

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

When I first started to play guitar, I would try to play U2 songs, often not very well. Because of this, my dad said that I wasn't quite as sharp as The Edge. Hence: The Blunt Edge.

<-- alas not from FUN-roe - but I've been there. Plymouth was my birth place / formative years location.

Know what I miss about MI? The infamous MI right / left twice turns. How do you give directions to anybody outside of MI when they encounter one of those?!#

------------------
You ain't nothin without a rhythm section.

"Who's to say what it is will break you."

The z comes from driving Z28 Camaros, Edge from The Edge obviously.

I had Z-EDGE as my personalized license plate on 3 different Camaros, in 2
diff states
smile.gif

My friends would call me z-edge instead of my real name, so when it came time to chose my "handle" here there really was only one choice for me
cool.gif

Originally posted by Bonochick:
I just realized I only live like 2 and a half hours from melon.

Wanna come over and eat grilled cheese sandwiches and blow bubbles and watch the fluffy clouds pass by?

Only if I can come too.

Ok, mine is SO beyond obvious-
Larry Mullen=my favorite U2
POP=love the album
Angel=I have this weird thing connecting U2 and angels, so it all meshed together.

smile.gif

------------------
You can tear it up
If you can tie me down

Not thinking I would ever end up actually using this forum, I just used part of my e-mail address, which is a combination of my initials and year of my birth. Pretty boring, but there's no turning back now....

------------------
N A T E

Does love light up your Christmas tree?
The next minute you're blowing a fuse
and the cartoon network turns into the news...

Notiti is my family nick name from when I was like two. There's a little song that goes with the name. Anyway one day Calluna and a few of my other cousins found out about it. They started calling me by it (or Titi, Noti or Queen Notiti when they are really drunk) and my friends heard and THEY started calling me it. So all of a sudden I was Notiti to everyone, not just my parents. And plus no one else uses it. Ah ha, sha la.

------------------
Keepin it krunk...

There's only room for one and here she comes, here she comes...

Back
Top Bottom