Scotty Bowman to coach the Canucks next year?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Doesn't sound like they will be adding much payroll, so thoughts of adding a federov or weight type player is just a pipe dream.

The Impossible Dream

Click here to listen: http://www.varian.net/dreamweavn/neverending/impossible.html

To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go.

To right the unrightable wrong
To be better far than you are
To try when you arms are to weary
To reach the unreachable star

This is my quest, to follow that star,
No matter how hopeless, no matter how far
To fight for the right without question or pause,
To be willing to march into hell for a heavenly cause

And I know, if I'll only be true to this glorious quest
That my heart will lie peaceful and calm when I'm laid to my rest.

And the world will be better for this
That one man scorned and covered with scars
Still strove with his last ounce of courage
To reach the unreachable star!

I watched a special on ESPN last night - Scotty is still doing work with the Red Wings - he was shown in a room with other GMs watching the the lst regular season game between LA and Detroit - chowing down on food - discussing trade options.

Give up the idea of Scotty going to Vancouver. PLEASE!

Well I don't know about Bowman, but the future of Dan Cloutier is in doubt, after I took this pic of him at one of their last home playoff dates:

3376293523232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2328%3D%3A45%3D6%3B5%3Dxroqdf%3E2323397%3A%3A55%3A8ot1lsi

Surfs up.

cujo is stealin my jokes, i already posted this

cloutier.jpg

that is the real playoff picture

oh the bowman to coach insert-team-with-vacant-coaching-position here wish.

i remember when the leafs job was up for grabs (not that many want it) and it became known that scotty bought a house in burlington ontario (which is 45 minutes from toronto but 3-4 from detroit) the toronto media was convinced bowman was the next coach.

So, let's get your opinions on what you *really* think: what do you all make of Cloutier? Watching him during the regular season, I thought he was one of the best in the NHL. He won player of the month, and led the league in wins until he got injured late in the year. Personally, I think he did crack under pressure in the playoffs, but I also think he ran into some unfortunate injury trouble--and though I know playing through injuries is part of winning games--I really don't think Cloutes was ever the same after he came back. He never got back into the groove. He played only 2 or 3 games at the end of the season after he came back, and that really hurt his playoff run, I tend to think. He's the type of goalie that needs about 2 weeks of constant play to return to form. Maybe the playoffs weren't condusive to that because of the pressure? I don't know.

People say he's still maturing as a goalie, but he's 27 years old! By the time Roy, Brodeur, Cujo, and others were 27 they were already superstars. I don't think he's that late of a develper, is he? Well, if he is going to take his game to the next level (and I'm speaking of his mental game), then next season has to be the year. I would think it's pretty much his last chance in Vancouver. I just don't want the Canucks to trade him prematurely and see him star elsewhere like so many others have (ie, Sean Burke, Artus Irbe, and even players like Cam Neely).

Questions, comments, cries of outrage?

Last edited:
Michael Griffiths said:
People say he's still maturing as a goalie, but he's 27 years old! By the time Roy, Brodeur, Cujo, and others were 27 they were already superstars. I don't think he's that late of a develper, is he? Well, if he is going to take his game to the next level (and I'm speaking of his mental game), then next season has to be the year. I would think it's pretty much his last chance in Vancouver. I just don't want the Canucks to trade him prematurely and see him star elsewhere like so many others have (ie, Sean Burke, Artus Irbe, and even players like Cam Neely).

Questions, comments, cries of outrage?

goalie development is really a random and personal thing and many don't come anywhere near prime consistency 'till their thirties. for every barrasso i think you'll find a hasek.

for contending teams it's all about playoff performance. that is how goalies should be judged. i mean look at cechmankek in philly. he had 33 wins with a 1.83 gaa and a .925 save % in the regular season, pretty amazing numbers. yet, because of a bad playoffs philly has already said they will trade or release him.

everyone wants a playoff tested goal tender, but the truth is, there arent many left out there. brodeur, roy, belfour, osgood :wink:... so it is really a crap shoot to figure out who will be the next good playoff goalie, this year Giguere has emerged. the question is, how long do you stick with a goalie that continues to choke in the playoffs? and if you switch, how do you know he will do any better?

clouts has choked twice in a row now, and i suppose this year you can give him a free pass for maybe being injured. they have given him a vote of confidence which is probably the smart thing because, like i said, who else can they get?

Oh Dan, what has happened to you? Off-season practice isn't going well eh?

3377286%3B23232%7Ffp8%3Enu%3D3237%3E954%3E5%3C4%3Ewsnrcg%3D323248%3B%3A58999nu0mrj

now that roy is retiring maybe he will be goalie for the canucks next year?

Well if he can make it... I'm gonna bloody well try out too :wink:

haha

:up: Thank you, after finding out how Michael shoots, I'm definitely going for extra padding for my barn (the broad side that is).

AvsGirl41 said:
Hmm, are you sure there's enough room in the net then?

Is it illegal to stop pucks with your over-sized cup? Until the league mandate calls for the downsizing of my padded areas, I'm good to go for Vancouver's goalie of the future.

Back
Top Bottom