Scott Weiland as a vocalist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I'm a big STP fan. BIG. I think Scott has really grown a lot as a vocalist, and hopefully he can get out of all his legal problems and focus on music. When Stone Temple Pilots first started out, I know he caught a lot of flack for the Eddie Vedder similiarites. But his vocal range is amazing, on No. 4 and Shangri-La Dee Da, he mixes up song to song, and many times along Purple and Tiny Music.

It really irritates me that they've sold so few of Shangri-La Dee Da, also. It's a very good, underrated album. Days of the Week has got to be one of the best singles I heard all last year. But I guess it all goes into the fact that good rock music struggles to sell nowadays.

Any other Scott Weiland/STP fans? What do you think of his solo album?

------------------
"Shame on you! Ugly baby judges you!"

I like STP, but I have a hard time enjoying their music outside of Purple and Tiny Music...as well as a handful of songs from Core. Besides Sour Girl, they lost me w/ 4. I was hoping Shangri-La would be better, and Days of the Week gave me some hope, but upon listening to the album I really didn't enjoy it. I thought the mix was really bad on a lot of the songs. Weiland's voice was just lost in the mud. Purple will always remain one of THE greatest hard rock albums of the 90s, IMHO.

Oh, Weiland's solo album? FUCKING BRILLIANT!

------------------
Rock 'N Roll is the sound of revenge.

Originally posted by Se7en:
Besides Sour Girl, they lost me w/ 4.

me too. as for me, i own #4 and tiny music.
frown.gif

Im a big, big STP fan too!! i have all their albums, great albums, rock all the way!

#4 and Shangri-La Dee Da are so underrated, both albums have great songs, some of my favorites are on those albums, like "black again", "i got you" and "no way out"..

fuckin great band...

Wow, I am so happy to find this thread, I am a huge fan too! My favorite album is 4. I think Scott is sounding, and looking, better than he ever has in his career. We need more STP around here, thanks!
smile.gif

Originally posted by Se7en:
Has anyone else heard Scott's solo album? Thoughts? Opinions?

Yes! I have it, 12 Bar Blues! I have to admit at first it was a bit hard to listen to but it has grown on me and there is no song on the CD that I skip. It is a big variety of musical styles and therefore vocal styles for Scott. It's good to have.

I know this isn't PLEBA but does anyone have any 'hot pics' of him please? Recent ones, with his dark hair and healthy face please if you have them. Thanks.

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
Yes! I have it, 12 Bar Blues! I have to admit at first it was a bit hard to listen to but it has grown on me and there is no song on the CD that I skip. It is a big variety of musical styles and therefore vocal styles for Scott. It's good to have.

The only part I tend to skip is at the end of the date. It just turns into a sonic mess and sometimes I just can't handle it.
smile.gif

P.S. THIS IS NOT PLEBA!#$!!@#!@!%@@&$#*%
icon22.gif

------------------
Rock 'N Roll is the sound of revenge.

Back
Top Bottom