Scott Stapp sued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
From Muchmusic.com

***** Fans Sue Stapp
Getting drunk on stage is nothing new for rock'n'rollers but when you are the lead singer of a band who preaches Christianity and the evils of alcohol, it can be upsetting to your audience. Four ***** fans launched a lawsuit Monday against the band alleging that singer Scott Stapp was so "intoxicated and/or medicated'' at *****'s December 29th Chicago concert "that he was unable to sing the lyrics of a single ***** song." Each plaintiff is seeking a refund of their $56.75 ticket price plus parking expenses.

***** issued a written statement at the time apologizing to concertgoers and assuring worried fans that Scott was ok. On the night in question Stapp allegedly rolled around on stage in apparent distress before passing out.

actually they are trying to make it a class action suit, which could result in refunds up to 2 million. While i love to see anyone give ***** shit, to be honest, suing and artist for not performing up to your standards is leading down a percarious road.

That said, I would be more apt to sue ***** if they actually played sober and I had to listen to them. :)

What the fuck? why is the C-word being starred out on all of the posts. I mean, I know it's offensive, but come on??

It's funny, but come on...if you're dumb enough to pay money to see Cr33d than you deserve what you got.

"THEY ONLY HAD 1 ENCORE!!11! I'M SUING!!" Ok, you're a retard.

:lmao: i'd rather listen to ol' stappy screw up the lyrics than sing them correctly. and yuo'd still have to either pay me large sums of money or hold me at gun point to force me to endure that kind of torutre

Actually, I think I'd pay the 55 bucks just to see Scotty Boy flop around and then pass out on stage. :lmao:

On a more serious note, it would set a dangerous precedent. I doubt the fans will win for that reason.

ouizy said:
I think anyone who consciously decides to go to a ***** show should be sued.

:middlefinger:

yes.

and id like to point out that johnny's evention of "CR33D" is brilliant!

Y'know, this says more about *****'s FANS than it does the band. Whatta bunch of crybabies! Shit, if I sued a band or a performer for every show I've seen where they were drunk, I'd have enough money for some stereo equipment that actually worked!

:tsk: Losers.

womanfish said:
actually they are trying to make it a class action suit, which could result in refunds up to 2 million. While i love to see anyone give ***** shit, to be honest, suing and artist for not performing up to your standards is leading down a percarious road.

As much as I would love to see the end of the-band-that-must-not-be-named's career, I have to agree with you. It's definitely a slippery slope when you start suing artists for something like this.

Replace ***** with fuck or fuckin'. It's really funny.

he was unable to sing the lyrics of a single fucking song.

Fuck issued a written statement at the time apologizing to concertgoers and assuring worried fans that Scott was ok. On the night in question Stapp allegedly rolled around on stage in apparent distress before passing out.

All I gotta say is WHAT A LOSER. Noel Gallagher has played entire shows really well drunk off his ass. Bono was drinking at the Grammy's, wasn't he? I took a midterm with a hangover. Wimp!

I read the link to the actual suit, and apparently Scott Stapp wasn't just at the point where he garbled lyrics or forgot lyrics as he went along...he literally didn't even sing AT ALL, and was rolling around on the stage...disappearing backstage while the band was still playing, and all in all just completely out of it. The suit also goes on to accuse the promoters and arena of forcing Kreed to take the stage despite Stapp's obvious condition, rather than cancel the concert and issue refunds. So who knows, if they actually have proof of this beyond speculation, they may have a good case.

I think it'd be really funny if in a couple weeks we read that Stapp has checked himself into a drug/alcohol rehab clinic. :D

I really hope someone had a videocamera at this concert. I think I would lose it to watch a tape of Stapp flopping around on stage likae a fish out of water, as well as the rest of the band's reaction.

:rofl:

just as long as everyonek nows that there are many bands as bad or worse than *****.

as far as im concerned chad krueger is the most evil man in music. hes responsible for such fucking awful acts as default and theory of a deadman ASIDE from his own travesty known as nickelback.

trust me, these bands are EVEN WORSE than cr33d.

Back
Top Bottom