Scorsese directs a long lost Hitchcock script!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Apparently it's little more than a commercial. Which is kind of lame, and explains why it's so fucking quirky and kind of tongue-in-cheek. I should have known better.

But it's still an awesome short, and I still don't really know what the full story is.

But I am convinced Scorsese should try making "An Alfred Hitchcock film"

Originally posted by Lancemc

But I am convinced Scorsese should try making "An Alfred Hitchcock film"

He already did--it's called Cape Fear.

There are tons of visual references to 50's Hitch in that one, and he ratchets the suspense up to a nearly-unbearable level.

Last edited:
That's true I guess. Cape Fear was an interesting flick...not that good though. I'd like to see a 40's or 50's throwback though. Though I'm not sure if he'd go for that.

Last edited:
I love Hitchcock that was really good...I liked the North by Northwest theme and the birds at the end

Isn't this interesting or what?

Maybe I'll watch this after going through a sizable chunk of Hitchcock and going into Scorcese's filmography.

You can just watch it now, it's only like 5 minutes long. It's just a really cool exercise in emulation and homage on Scorsese's part.

Oh,.I thought it was a legit film. Yeah, then I'll just watch it after this badass Trek podcast.

lazarus said:
Hey, LMP, did you ever wind up watching Gangs? Or Apocalypse?

Gangs got pushed to this weekend because of massive amounts of homework I still had and have to do.

Apocalypse will have to wait until I have some free time this week, but I'll try and watch it when I can.

martys perf seemed a bit too forced and I suspected something wasn't genuine, and a minute into the actual short I knew it was fake, too many hitch refs and in-jokes. This was actually painful to watch.

Lance, u need to give cape fear another chance. A very underrated exploration of martys favorite catholic guilt themes, and It's prob one of his best-directed films. Intense to te point of uncomfortability.

The zoom out to show all of the birds was a little hard to watch.

I'm watching Gangs tonight with my friends for our extra credit, hopefully they won't ruin the movie for me. Some are notorious for doing so.

You should lay out a set of steak knives in front of you before the film starts, and perhaps they'll think twice of causing a disturbance.

Will do (X-mas break).

zooey032107.jpg
scruffycompava.jpg

Ahh, it's been a while.

You are forgiven.

Just don't make that mistake again...

...there may be a rapin' in it for you.

Finished Gangs about 20 minutes ago, and all I can say right now is "holy shit" and "Daniel Day-Lewis lost to Adrien Brody? Really? I like Brody, but there's absolutely no way he was as amazing as Bill the motherfuckin' Butcher"

And Cameron Diaz wasn't even that bad here, more thoughts on this movie later.

YLB, about fucking time. I think the only time Laz has ever actually agreed with anything I've ever said was when I praised Gangs. This was pre-Lance's rape fantasies.

Yes, definitely; my only gripe was you could tell where the Weinsteins chopped this up. The scene with Bill wrapped in the American flag talking about Vallon's father was absolutely chilling. That's fucking acting, man.

And how about Elliot from E.T. coming out of nowhere as Johnny? It took me about 20 minutes to figure out where I recognized him from.

Gang of New York always struck me as a film way WAY more ambitious than could ever adequately be captured in a single, even a 167 minute, film. That said, what Scorsese actually managed to accomplish with it is nothing short of a miracle.

Back
Top Bottom