Scissor Sisters - Ta dah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, it's out Monday over here. I think I can wait until then . Still, the reviews are making it rather tempting...

I have their last album and really liked it..but i dont like the single they have just released and if the whole album is like that I don't know if I want to buy it. I think I might just borrow it off a friend and see what I make of it.

partygirlvox said:
I have their last album and really liked it..but i dont like the single they have just released and if the whole album is like that I don't know if I want to buy it. I think I might just borrow it off a friend and see what I make of it.

I would definitely recommend a listen. The first single (and first song on the album) "I Don't Feel Like Dancin'" is the most "dancey" track on there. Then the album branches off into a whole world of other influences... like "James Bond theme tunes, early disco (Hamilton Bohannon, Creative Source, The Blackbyrds), funk and rare groove, Fleetwood Mac, Dr John, the city of New Orleans, bluegrass, Billy Joel, Goldfrapp, Roxy Music, and Paul McCartney" (in the band's own words).

I could really hear a lot of these influences. There's also something a little more subdued about these songs than on the first album. I would recommend reading the biography that's up on myspace to get a little more perspective on where this album is coming from and all.

I found it sufficiently different from the first album... in a good and sometimes surprising way :)

Great album! I plan on buying it tomorrow... already listened to it through myspace. I've had "I Can't Decide" rolling in my head for the past few days.

Anyway, good stuff :up:

Last edited:
I really loved their first album. I think it's smashing. But this one has not caught my attention in the slightest. :shrug:

After some canceled gigs due to drummer Paddy Boom's back problems, the Sisters take Nashville tonight.

The vibes were friendly and fun around soundcheck at the City Hall warehouse-type venue. The sit-in drummer did well from what my tolerant ears could tell.

Had to come to a friend's house to get dolled up for the show. What would a Sisters gig be without getting dressed up?

Check the Interference main page for a review in the next day or two.

Back
Top Bottom