Scissor Sisters Broke!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

doctorwho

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
My TARDIS - currently located in Valparaiso, IN
I'm not 100% sure if this is the correct forum for this, so mods please act accordingly.

Bono has praised the Scissor Sisters and this group has been mentioned as a possible opening act for U2.

However, I came across this article stating how the band is "broke":
Scissor Sisters Are Broke

New York pop group Scissor Sisters are still struggling with debt, despite selling almost a million albums.

The "Laura" hit makers have been on the road for the last six months and claim they have yet to be paid for all their hard work.

Band member Paddy Boom says, "I'm fighting my way out of heavy debt, thanks to being on the road for six months and not having any money."

Singer Anna Matronic adds, "Let's remember TLC. You can sell ten million records and still go bankrupt. We haven't seen any money yet. But I'm making a bit more than I used to when I worked for a law firm, and that's great."

Makes one wonder if this group will open for U2 or not. And if so, will they finally be making some $$?

Here's a picture. :)

scissor_sisters_MKTG.jpg

It really sucks how the record industry and just use bands like cattle and make money off of them. I think unsigned bands should be more cautious when signing deals.

I feel sorry for bands that don't get good advice at the start. A lot of them end up in a hole that is really difficult to climb out of.

On a more positive note I saw them in September and they were great :up:

I wouldn't pay them if they played a show at my venue and played that god-awful version of Comfortably Numb. Actually, I'd stop the show and throw them out on their asses right then and there. :up:

Back
Top Bottom