Scattered Islands in the Indian Ocean Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit angry since, being a premium member, I shoudn't be subjected to the extra ads, but whatever, I'm too much of a pacifist to say anything

Night ax

Holy shit, those lyrics have some horridly forced rhymes. Wonder/younger, cool (or drool)/beautiful, etc. And it's just totally shithouse on every other level too.

Anyway, I'm gone. :wave:

Bleh. I want to make a bit of a stand over in Inside Broadcast about the dodgy new ads, but I'm so tired that I'm going to bed instead. I'm never going to successfully coherently mount a case right now that both acknowledges the need for the site to have some funding to support it and argues that this isn't exactly the way it should be done.

In positive news, my essay is now over half done!

Have a good one, folks. :wave:

But you're a regular to the superthread; the mods couldn't care less about your opinion.

I'm a bit angry since, being a premium member, I shoudn't be subjected to the extra ads, but whatever, I'm too much of a pacifist to say anything

Night ax

Yeah, that was going to be one of my points. Plenty of other sites, both larger and smaller than this, make "no ads" one of the perks of premium membership. Though I'm most irritated about the roll-over ads for guests, as I really don't appreciate the content of my posts being commercially exploited by somebody else when I never agreed to that. Plus, it bothers guests. The anti-2000s U2 content of my posts probably bothers some guests enough without roll-over ads added to the mix. :wink:

G'night.

Hey, Ashley. I won't be on long, but I wanted to see if there was any furor over the new add placement.

Hey Wild...

killerskillerskillerskillers

But you're a regular to the superthread; the mods couldn't care less about your opinion.

I think I can speak for all mods when I say that we don't appreciate you throwing out a claim that we treat people differently based on which threads they choose to participate in. It's ridiculous and untrue.

I think I can speak for all mods when I say that we don't appreciate you throwing out a claim that we treat people differently based on which threads they choose to participate in. It's ridiculous and untrue.

In elmel's defense, he usually likes to make sarcastic comments based on ridiculous statements...I don't think he was serious.

Very sick. :down:

I hope you are doing better than I today? :)

Not feeling any better? Illness isn't great now, is it?!

I'm better yes, Monday's at college are great for me. I'm only there two hours :up: Hurrah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom