Scattered Islands in the Indian Ocean Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose because there's fewer of them and less people go, perhaps? Many people who don't really NEED a university degree do other more practical tertiary courses at different institutions.

Yeah, maybe that' it. Donno, I just know that the work you do, and the work I do are MUCH different.

This script is NEARLY done....do I turn on music, or don't I

Excellent, just in time for a new thread.

Crap, I'll be back, going to brush my teeth and stuff before everyone else goes to sleep and I risk waking them up.

we saw bill bailey on thursday night, too ax. he is just brilliant. not his best, but so funny i almost cried. i'm looking for his bit on bush and the wetlands. i think i did almost cry at that point.

I thought universities in the US were a lot harder on marking?

Nope, we're much harder. Looking at the conversion tables for the international exchange students is interesting.

we saw bill bailey on thursday night, too ax. he is just brilliant. not his best, but so funny i almost cried. i'm looking for his bit on bush and the wetlands. i think i did almost cry at that point.

Damn, I was thinking of seeing him in Melbourne but just too expensive. :(

Right, I'm back. So, what's been happening? Apart from EYKIW and WTAHNN becoming almost more of a farce than they already were?

Nope, we're much harder. Looking at the conversion tables for the international exchange students is interesting.

80% isn't brilliant, where ever you are though, surely. i hate getting anything below 85%. not that it matters. who the hell will care when i graduate? probably not even me anymore! i think i just hate exams.

Right, I'm back. So, what's been happening? Apart from EYKIW and WTAHNN becoming almost more of a farce than they already were?

Yeah, that's pretty much it. The forums have been stunningly dead. U2 pushing the next album back to 2009 hasn't helped. Somebody should send a delegation to Bono: "FOR THE GOOD OF THE FORUMS, RELEASE THE DAMN ALBUM, MAN! THINK OF TEH INTARWEBZ!"

I can't find it so I hereby give up. I'll search again in a few months when this current tour is fully available on everything free on the net.
:up:

Yeah, that's pretty much it. The forums have been stunningly dead. U2 pushing the next album back to 2009 hasn't helped. Somebody should send a delegation to Bono: "FOR THE GOOD OF THE FORUMS, RELEASE THE DAMN ALBUM, MAN! THINK OF TEH INTARWEBZ!"

I implore them to release a halfarsed job again. We might get something exciting like Pop out of it.
:drool:

80% isn't brilliant, where ever you are though, surely. i hate getting anything below 85%. not that it matters. who the hell will care when i graduate? probably not even me anymore! i think i just hate exams.

The average mark for second and third year courses at Melbourne University is 72%.

Personally, though, I'm pretty unhappy with anything below a 90% for something I actually tried on, while for half-arsed stuff, as long as I get an H1 I'm happy.

The average mark for second and third year courses at Melbourne University is 72%.

Personally, though, I'm pretty unhappy with anything below a 90% for something I actually tried on, while for half-arsed stuff, as long as I get an H1 I'm happy.

72 is so low! Wow. I didn't do a scrap of preparation for this test, so I shouldn't complain at all. I barely began the coursework a few weeks ago, took a week or 2 off recently to ... well, not do anything at uni, and then read the textbook about 2 hours before it. It's this stupid psychology wank, which is probably the core of my annoyance. It's SUCH a load of balls.

The average thread on EYKIW thus far:

"I can't wait till Coldplay release their album at the end of this year so we have some good music to talk about! I wonder if that means that U2 will sit up and take notice and maybe even release two albums next year!" :happy:

"lol Coldplay suck and they can't compare to U2, U2 has sold a bazillion albums and played eleventeen million shows since 1978 and Coldplay have only been around since 1998 or whatever, and btw U2 are better than Metallica or REM, can't believe you guys are stupid enough to compare them." :happy:

"You guys are idiots."

"Yes, but see the discussion is one worth having because there's the possibility that we'll be right!" :happy:

The average thread on EYKIW thus far:

"I can't wait till Coldplay release their album at the end of this year so we have some good music to talk about! I wonder if that means that U2 will sit up and take notice and maybe even release two albums next year!" :happy:

"lol Coldplay suck and they can't compare to U2, U2 has sold a bazillion albums and played eleventeen million shows since 1978 and Coldplay have only been around since 1998 or whatever, and btw U2 are better than Metallica or REM, can't believe you guys are stupid enough to compare them." :happy:

"You guys are idiots."

"Yes, but see the discussion is one worth having because there's the possibility that we'll be right!" :happy:

:sad: that was beautiful, u-wen.

72 is so low! Wow. I didn't do a scrap of preparation for this test, so I shouldn't complain at all. I barely began the coursework a few weeks ago, took a week or 2 off recently to ... well, not do anything at uni, and then read the textbook about 2 hours before it. It's this stupid psychology wank, which is probably the core of my annoyance. It's SUCH a load of balls.

72% as the average is actually mandated by a bell curve. It's 75% for first year students. 72% still works out to be an honours second class, B.

I'm being driven mad by pseudo-theorising wank in history and political science right now. :sigh:

So, I wrote a tribute song to Slow Dancing last night, but it ended up something like what some emo indie band would write:

The one I love colours my world grey
On a canvas where all things fade away
The light shines through, but nothing rings true
In a world painted with lies
She led my love astray

But we danced, danced through that night
Slow dancing with my love

She draws forth blood from my heart
Pulling and slowly tearing me apart
Her ice-blue eyes, their wistful slow smile
Shoots through my soul
A poison-tipped dart

I stumble blindly through the empty streets
Searching for the place where two lives meet
Grasping at fragments that remind me of her
Where rocky roads
Claw at bare feet

Still I wander upon my fruitless quest
Alone by day, at night despair’s guest
But still I hold firm to the memory of her
She’ll smile;
‘Twas all in jest

And I know I love her no matter what
It’s been that way right from the start
She’ll take me dancing through the night
Till the darkness, it turns to light

At last I stand upon the great mountain’s peak
Where the seconds last hours, one day a week
There she smiles waiting, waiting for me
Just a kiss –
My strength grows weak

Don't worry, psych annoys the hell out of me too. Bloody pretentious stuff filled with academic language that really doesn't mean anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom