Scarlet's Walk: New Tori Amos album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeartlandGirl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I don't know if it's been brought up yet, but Tori has a new album coming out October 29. It's entitled "Scarlet's Walk" and judging from Neil Gaiman's description of the album, it should be interesting.

I've marked my calendar. New Tori tunes! Yea! :cute:

Oh, yeah. I was so excited I forgot to mention that the first single is entitled "A Sorta Fairytale" and apparently it was released last week. Haven't heard it yet, so if anyone has, I'd like to hear your thoughts on it.

Last edited:
[color=royal blue]I downloaded "A Sorta Fairytale" the other day. :) I just love Tori and I like the song. I'm really excited fer the new album....I was a bit disappointed with "Strange Little Girls." I liked the whole IDEAR and it had some good songs and everything......but it just didn't do it for me. Glad she's back to doing her own stuff :yes: [/color]

A Sorta Fairytale is awesome, I got it a couple of weeks ago. (Off Kazaa, if you're interested.)

I can't wait.

she's like the tori amos of our time.

oh wait.....there's only one of her.......

well, anyway she is steller in my book.:up: :D :angel:

She will be touring, too...and after we finally paid the Elevation tickets off of our collective credit cards! :help:

Oh well, Tori is worth it. :kiss:

What a coincidence; today I've been listening to Venus, Pink and Earthquakes after a long time of neglect. Thanks for the news, HeartlandGirl! This is more exciting than waiting for Coldplay's latest.

foray

I'm sooo excited!!! I love Tori and can't wait for the new album!!!

I saw her live December in London for the SLG tour!!! :) :angel:

I've been a fan since Little Earthquakes was released, but more recent albums really made me doubt her mental situation. She sounded like she had lost her mind on those record. I was worried for her. The increasing talk of her faeries and what not.. I was convinced she was schizo.

Anywho, tix for her concert in my area go on sale on Saturday. This will be my 4th time seeing her... She is incredible live. Her eyes are the most preternatural green you'll ever see. She looks otherworldly. Amazing.

Jawbox does a cover of "Cornflake Girl"...it's awesome. Also my boyfriend has been working on a rock/metal version of "Precious Things" he was singing it fer me this morning to make me feel un-sick :tongue: OK SORRY. SORRY.

I've been listening to Tori A LOT lately for some reason.... she's so awesome

Last edited:
FYI:

I just saw on toriamos.com that they are doing password presales for her upcoming shows, just like U2 did. The closest she'll be to me is five hours, unless she adds more dates. Just thought I'd pass along the info to those of you planning to see her on this tour. I think the first presales start tomorrow.

*tries out the new smilies*

:bow: We're not worthy! Tori rocks!

Hey, tickets go on sale TOMORROW (Saturday) for some cities for her tour! I got tickets yesterday (5th row center :)) in the presale but good seats will still be available tomorrow.

http://www2.fanscape.com/toriamos/tour/

So happy to see so many Tori fans here. :dance:

I haven't heard any of Scarlet's Walk. But then again, I still haven't heard Electrical Storm. :huh: Bad bad bad fan. But mighty loyal the same.

daisybean said:
She is coming no where near me :(

I have been obsessed with From The Choirgirl Hotel and To Venus and back lately....

I spent my entire Freshman year of college listening to Little Earthquakes

Don't worry--this is only the first leg. Tori's a touring machine. I bet she comes your way on the next leg. :) I'm having to drive 6 hours myself, something I only do for Tori & U2 (and this year, Bruce).

Thanks Joyful Girl....however only second rate stars come around my area....they made a big deal about Posion playing this past labor day :rolleyes:

Can anyone recommend a good ftp site for her. I tried looking in the Dent, but that place is just too confusing to me.

Don't worry, daisy. She's nowhere near me either. Like joyfulgirl said, I think she'll be adding dates. Just keep your eyes peeled and your credit card on standby!

This happens to all my Bruce threads, so...

:hyper: :drool: :hyper:

tori+amos.jpg

tori.jpg

And she can write some damn good songs, too...

i was listening to choirgirl yesterday. i :heart: tori.

i have a random question. on the season premiere of west wing (which was on wednesday) they played a tori song towards the end. it had a chorus about "monday" or something. i really can't remember what the lines were. does anyone have any idea what song this is? it was really beautiful.

thanks.

It's "I Don't Like Mondays", a Boomtown Rats cover from her "Strange Little Girls" album (her "cover" album).

Back
Top Bottom