Say it ain't so, Cusack!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MrBrau1 said:
Wow, U2 fans are quite judgemental. Nice! How very peace, love, and rockNroll of ya'll.

Being nice/mean, judgemental/not are not characters of U2 fans. Just because some people have expressed an opinion here doesn't necessarily mean they are judgemental.

The ability to make any sort of judgement is a unique human trait--there isn't one person on this earth who hasn't made a decision on someone based on either their looks, talent, persona, personality, etc, etc, ad finitum, ad nauseum. Since none of us know Britney personally, we have no options but to judge her based on looks, singing ability, and public image, as we're obviously not close enough to hger to judge her morals, values, and sincerity. It doesn't make us bad people, or an less 'rockNroll'.'

:|

Last edited:
He's one of my favorite actors. He was always so classy. I hate to think he's going for the trophy thing.

my loneliness... is killing me...
i must confess... i still believe...
when i'm not with you i lose my mind...
give me a sign...
Sa1b1.gif

hit me baby one more time

No, No, No.....

I really can't seem them as a couple.

I am not kidding here, but I actually thought that there was a higher chance that John Cusack would date me, then him dating Brittany Spears. At least we are closer in age.

He's still a cutie in my eyes though...

i would rather see him date christina aguilera than britney. at least she has talent. and brains, i think.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
love thy neighbor... unless she sings bubble gum pop music.

I have to admit I'm pretty surprised at this sentiment being expressed here. Like Sweetest said, everyone has opinions about others. How many people have bad-mouthed Martha Stewart or J-Lo or other celebrities based on what we "know" of them?

It's not the bubble gum pop music that bugs me, it's the fact she acts like she has no brain in her head, and that symbol is set out there for the world to see. Women get a bad enough rap as it is, we don't need her "help."

I'm guessing what's happening here is it's being assumed those who aren't supporting Brittney aren't doing it because we're jealous of her looks / money / fame. It can't be whittled down so easily to some stupid "female" jealousy bs, at least not with me. I've always thought the woman is plain dumb, and that's why I'm surprised to see John Cusack dating her. If he likes his women dumb, then fine. I just didn't see that coming.

As far as Brittney is concerned, it bugs me that she is someone who, for instance, is number one on Glamour Magazine's "Women of the year." Other women noted are Queen Noor, who was Queen of Jordan and using her title she was a huge advocate for children, women, the poor, and her country, and Lynne Cox who swam the English Channel for peace efforts. I think it's a mockery that Brittney is listed among these women when she really contributes nothing "Women of the Year" worthy to society. Her sales are poor, she doesn't make good movies- never mind life-altering, nothing she's doing hasn't been done before (see: Madonna), etc.

And when she opens her mouth and speaks, I'm embarrassed/disgusted. It's a shame, really. the power she has and misuses... :tsk:

and lol, I dont even really care about celebrity gossip so it's kinda ironic this turned into this. but I wanted to stick up for why I don't stick up for Brittney.

so adamswildhoney is the only other person laughing at this?

you're all crazy to be taking any celebrity relationship so seriously. how is this discussion-worthy? why am i still in this thread....:|

Wow, U2 fans are quite judgemental. Nice! How very peace, love, and rockNroll of ya'll.

i've noticed that some of the most judgemental people on the internet seem to be u2 fans (and punk kids, but that's another story).

I'd date her. She is yummy. :drool: :laugh: I'd date him too! :shifty: *how about together :hmm:

Kidding aside. I like Gwyneth too. :reject: We are all just jealous, plain and simple.

I blame myself. John asked me out last week. I drooled all over his lusciousness, and then told him I was married. He was heartbroken. This Britney thing is all a ploy to make me jealous.

:|

Oh wait.

All that never happened.

bonosgirl84 said:
she's adorable. and so is he.

i'd have to say ... who cares?

I don't think anyone here truly, deeply cares (or at least I'd hope not). My gut reaction was just one of mild disgust, that's all. I don't think it'll keep me awake at night.

Um, I don't understand why any comments/criticisms have to be made here re "is this discussion worthy" etc. I'd rather read this than many of the other threads in this particular forum :shrug:

I am far too old to be "jealous" of Britney Spears . I am NOT JEALOUS of her. I agree w/ the comments you made Olive about the women making contributions, etc. THOSE are the women I'm "jealous" of.

I wouldn't want my daughter if I had one to be like Britney Spears. If that makes me a horrible person, so be it.

MrsSpringsteen said:
I am far too old to be "jealous" of Britney Spears . I am NOT JEALOUS of her. I agree w/ the comments you made Olive about the women making contributions, etc. THOSE are the women I'm "jealous" of.

I wouldn't want my daughter if I had one to be like Britney Spears. If that makes me a horrible person, so be it.

:up:

oliveu2cm said:

I have to admit I'm pretty surprised at this sentiment being expressed here. Like Sweetest said, everyone has opinions about others. How many people have bad-mouthed Martha Stewart or J-Lo or other celebrities based on what we "know" of them?

It's not the bubble gum pop music that bugs me, it's the fact she acts like she has no brain in her head, and that symbol is set out there for the world to see. Women get a bad enough rap as it is, we don't need her "help."

I'm guessing what's happening here is it's being assumed those who aren't supporting Brittney aren't doing it because we're jealous of her looks / money / fame. It can't be whittled down so easily to some stupid "female" jealousy bs, at least not with me. I've always thought the woman is plain dumb, and that's why I'm surprised to see John Cusack dating her. If he likes his women dumb, then fine. I just didn't see that coming.

As far as Brittney is concerned, it bugs me that she is someone who, for instance, is number one on Glamour Magazine's "Women of the year." Other women noted are Queen Noor, who was Queen of Jordan and using her title she was a huge advocate for children, women, the poor, and her country, and Lynne Cox who swam the English Channel for peace efforts. I think it's a mockery that Brittney is listed among these women when she really contributes nothing "Women of the Year" worthy to society. Her sales are poor, she doesn't make good movies- never mind life-altering, nothing she's doing hasn't been done before (see: Madonna), etc.

And when she opens her mouth and speaks, I'm embarrassed/disgusted. It's a shame, really. the power she has and misuses... :tsk:

Very well said Olive, and I compeltely agree.

I had no idea about the Glamour Magazine thing either--it's a mockery, it really is. :tsk:

Hey, he's dating that girl, whats her name?? Jodi Lynn O'Keefe. Thats her name. I just saw a picture of them together in some magazine. It said it was taken Oct. 25th. They've been together since May. Oh well. Who really cares?

Back
Top Bottom