Say it ain't so Cookie Monster!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's nice to know I have an excuse for my weight struggles over the years - it was all Cookie Monster's fault.

:|

My sister wrote me this response:

" I'm just waiting until Cookie Monster cracks under the pressure. He'll start hording and hiding cookies, eating them in secret, all the while telling his friends, "No, me no eat cookies. Me have no idea why diet not working." And then the very special episode...

"Me have something to tell friends on Sesame Street. Me (sob) Bulimic!!! Hey, what that? COOKIE! AMM-AMM-AMM-AMM!!! (puke)"

Last edited:
Obviously Cookie Monster is the reason children are obese. :rolleyes:

(But that little sidenote at the bottom about his name being Sid really cracked me up. How punk rock. :laugh: )

kellyahern said:
It's nice to know I have an excuse for my weight struggles over the years - it was all Cookie Monster's fault.

My sister wrote me this response:

" I'm just waiting until Cookie Monster cracks under the pressure. He'll start hording and hiding cookies, eating them in secret, all the while telling his friends, "No, me no eat cookies. Me have no idea why diet not working." And then the very special episode...

"Me have something to tell friends on Sesame Street. Me (sob) Bulimic!!! Hey, what that? COOKIE! AMM-AMM-AMM-AMM!!! (puke)"

:lmao:

kids don't eat cookies because cookie monster does, they eat cookies because they taste good. Kids aren't going to start eating vegetables because they see cookie monster doing it because vegetables taste icky.

:hmm:

Let me see...kids are obese because of the cookie monster

I've never noticed the gun toting, drug using, cigarette smoking, alcohol drinking muppet and some kids have problems with these too....

:banghead:

The thing that really bugs me about this-it's like I've said numerous times before, why do people automatically assume only kids are stupid enough to imitate what others do? Why do people think only kids will be influenced by what they see and hear? I can think of numerous times when adults have been stupid enough to do something because everyone else was, but you never hear about the potential "bad influences" TV will have on adults. No, apparently kids are the only stupid, impressionable ones. I know lots of kids who don't do something just because everyone around them is. People really should give kids more credit in regards to this stuff.

Angela

dandy said:
what's next? prozac for oscar?

Oscar the Optimist! He could move to a recycling bin....

Originally posted by fah
Let me see...kids are obese because of the cookie monster

Or how about...kids are obese because they spend too damn much time watching television!

yolland said:

Oscar the Optimist! He could move to a recycling bin....
:lol:

I was going to comment on the Sid thing, too...that's funny.

Back
Top Bottom