Say Hello To My Little Friend!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elevated_u2_fan

Blue Crack Supplier
Made you look! Haha!

Seriously folks, I was in a store the other day and I saw this:

scarface.jpg

Now, that has to be THE UGLIEST action figure I have ever seen...

Which raises 2 points, first; while Al Pacino is not exactly the most attractive man on the planet, how could he allow such a thing to be created? I mean, who approved this and if this was the one they went with what did the other prototypes look like?

Second, what is the deal with action figures now? In the same store there were Curt Cobain and John Lennon figures as well...

I understand them for kids but this whole "adult collectible" market baffles me...

What are your thoughts? Feel free to post pictures of other examples - either good or bad and maybe some nostalgic ones you used to have when you were a kid...

Well of course its fugly as hell, but its still a cool lookin doll.

See that's where we differ I guess, I like Scarface and all but if I were to pay money for this thing it would mean I would have to look at every day and say to myself "Why the hell did I buy that?"

On top of that, what is the purpose of these things? What do they do, other than sit on your shelf/desk or whatever and gather dust?

I understand the collecting thing, I have a large amount of U2 stuff...

I just don't understand something like this which serves no real purpose....

I mean with something like Baseball cards, you can sell them at least..

hmm, I wonder what I would do if they made U2 Action figures...

I just posted the ugliest Bono doll ever in PLEBA :lol:

And actually I think there are some U2 action figures or something like them.. havent seen them lately though.

I have a Charlie Pace action figure.

Although, I'm not sure if it can be called an action figure if there are no moving parts :nerd:

I love action figure/dolls. :lol: And yes they sit on my shelves and collect dust but I still love them. Currently on various shelves in my livingroom & bedroom:

ObiWan Kenobi

Bilbo Baggins

Snape

Elrond (from Lord of the Rings)

Agent Smith (from the Matrix)

and MacPhisto and Mirrorball Man (yes.. Bono)

I do have more as well.... :shifty:

I'm a geek :reject:

I have Oscar Wilde and Shakespeare action figures, given to me by students. They both hold places of honor on my desk (the action figures, not the students).

Back
Top Bottom