saw Sigur Ros live last night...magical!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Truly

The Fly
I was lucky enough to see Sigur Ros live for the second time last night, at a little venue called the Leadmill in Sheffield.

That band is seriously seriously good! I swear I practically forgot to breathe half the time (maybe a good thing with the girl next to me smoking the whole time.) That's how good they are! They were absolutely brilliant, wonderful, fantastic, heart-achingly beautiful (can't come up with enough adjectives but you get the picture.) Best gig I've been to in a long time. :up: :heart: :drool:

They played for about an hour and a half. I was second row from the front, dead centre, which was pretty cool. I'm not quite sure what they played, as I'm not that good at recognising exactly which song is which. They definitely played "svefn-g-englar" and I think they finished with "the pop song" but I couldn't be 100% sure on that one. They played lots and lots of good stuff though. I bought their first album "Von" as well, which hasn't been released anywhere but Iceland. I haven't listened to it all, but it's great so far :up:

If you get a chance to see them, then do yourself a favour and go for it. They are so great live - captivating!

:heart:Sigur Ros

im surprised noone has responded to this yet! great to hear you had a good time, id LOVE to see them play.

oh well, i guess most of the people here would rather go see bon jovi or nickelback.

nice to see you have good taste in music!

Good to hear that you liked the show. I was thinking about driving 6 hours to see them but I had a test the next day. I just dl/ed their new album () from soulseek and plan to listen to it tonight on my headphones. There are 8 tracks on this album and they're labeled track 1, track 2, etc.

oh wow. sigur ros are amazing. rumour has it they are coming here for the big day out in 2003....**crosses fingers**

Back
Top Bottom