Saw Jimmy Buffett in Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Takasa

Babyface
I have been a fan of Jimmy for quite some time now. The guy is fantastic. Did any of you see him on this concert tour? It was a great show held in the MGM Grand Arena. I even ate at Margarita Villle restuarant on the strip before the show. Good times, good times.

I like his older stuff, and Far Side of the World, Beachouse on the moon, and Fruitcakes are good too. Too scared of the country onslaught to check out the new cd though.

UnforgettableLemon said:
I like his older stuff, and Far Side of the World, Beachouse on the moon, and Fruitcakes are good too. Too scared of the country onslaught to check out the new cd though.

He played a few songs from the new album. Lisence to Chill, has a couple country-like songs, but overall it is good. You can tell he is changing his music. Maybe after a Pirate looks at fourty, he he is having a bit of a complex of having too many Parrot head followers. The Alan Jackson/Jimmy Buffett song, Five o'clock somewhere has some good roots from his older stuff. If you look at the music over the years, he always had some sort of ties to county.

Mr. BAW said:
Could someone move this to the Parrothead forum...pleeeze?????? :lol:

If only that was true. Maybe we should start one. Well, then again, maybe not. Afterall, this website is dedicated to U2. U2 and Jimmy are a bit differant from each other. Then maybe they are the same in ways. They both tell wonderful stories, that is full of zest and life.

Oh, I know, I like HIS country music. I just don't like most of the guests on the album. Should have made that more clear. :) I love "Come Monday," "A Pirate Looks at Forty," and "He Went to Paris"

UnforgettableLemon said:
Oh, I know, I like HIS country music. I just don't like most of the guests on the album. Should have made that more clear. :) I love "Come Monday," "A Pirate Looks at Forty," and "He Went to Paris"

Aw, I see clearly now.

Yes, I couldn't agree more with those song choices.
My personal fav is Son of a Sailor.
Some of his guests are a bit strange, I will agree with that. A little funny bit from the concert that you might enjoy. He started to sing Purple Rain (yes, from Prince) then he got to the chorus of Purple Rain then he changed it to Lets Get Drunk and Screw. That was a bit weird.

Who cares if it was weird? Purple Rain kicks mad ass, and it's a song that can be pretty universal. The transition sort of... OK, it's still weird, but that's awesome.

I forgot about SOASOAS. That's a great great great great great song.

OH my god, please no. Don't get me started on Jimmy Buffet, my arcnemisis. He's so bad it makes ass bleed. Omg, my ass is really bleeding now, just the thought of him it inducing it. God, someone help me, i'm growing faint, too much bloda losd, thiks gttng blrrrrryl, msut geet yway frmj buffte...

Lancemc said:
OH my god, please no. Don't get me started on Jimmy Buffet, my arcnemisis. He's so bad it makes ass bleed. Omg, my ass is really bleeding now, just the thought of him it inducing it. God, someone help me, i'm growing faint, too much bloda losd, thiks gttng blrrrrryl, msut geet yway frmj buffte...

Dude, you got some serious medical problems.:eyebrow: And why may I ask, do you hate Jimmy so much for? Did he wrong you some way that causes your ass to bleed. :p

Back
Top Bottom