Saw II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
Anybody else go see this flick? I think the last time I went to the theater was for the original Saw...so...I obviously don't go very often. The first scene was so gross I felt like I was gonna puke. It was a great movie, and the ending was a total shock.

Bonochick said:
It was a great movie

I am not in any way trying to attack your opinions or anything, but I'm just curious: are you kidding, or are you actually serious? There's really nothing wrong with your liking or loving the movie, provided you have justifiable reasons for feeling as you do. It's just that I can't help but be completely shocked, is all. Granted, I am more or less a "movie snob" and a hardcore elitist, so really my opinions are oftentimes more ideological than related to the content of a film. Still, I was really surprised to read this, because I know that Saw was one of the worst-reviewed films, on the whole, of recent years and it didn't do particularly well with audiences, either. The sequel's production was nothing short of a small miracle, but I guess DVD revenue can justify just about anything, these days.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. Again, I mean no disrespect; I'd just like to know whether or not you're being serious and, if you are, why you feel as you do. Have at it. And please don't think I'm attacking you--you've just helped my jaw drop, is all.

i watched the first one , before seeing saw II in theaters ,

first one is good , the funny thing is , almost till the end i thought the movie was bad , thought danny glover was the murder , then the other guy , and then booooom
:huh:
second one is not that good

Re: Re: Saw II

If you shout... said:

I am not in any way trying to attack your opinions or anything, but I'm just curious: are you kidding, or are you actually serious?

I am serious. I really don't think there is anything about my post that would indicate I was kidding. I actually would have gone into more details about the movie in my post, but I didn't want to have too many spoilers, especially since the movie just came out.

There's really nothing wrong with your liking or loving the movie, provided you have justifiable reasons for feeling as you do.

I don't need justafiable reasons for liking it...I just do. It's just a movie, and I enjoyed it. That's all there is to it. I'm not the only one either. I posted a topic about this at another message board, and others raved as well. I've also read user reviews at imdb.com, and I saw many positive ones.

Again, I mean no disrespect; I'd just like to know whether or not you're being serious and, if you are, why you feel as you do. Have at it. And please don't think I'm attacking you--you've just helped my jaw drop, is all.

I don't feel like you're "attacking" me...but I do feel that you're a being a bit condescending, which, as pathetic as it may seem, is slightly hurtful.

I wasn't too impressed with the first one, but I am sort of curious to see how the second progresses. Bonochick, out of interest, do either of the two characters from the first one survive, or is it assumed that they are dead?
I know some people are comparing it to 'Cube', which puts me off a little.

I'm sending you a PM. :)

I've never seen Cube, so I can't help you on that though!

I loved the ending to the first movie, and I hope the second one lives up to the first....even though it was a bit sickning, it was a very good movie.

Re: Re: Re: Saw II

Bonochick said:
I don't feel like you're "attacking" me...but I do feel that you're a being a bit condescending, which, as pathetic as it may seem, is slightly hurtful.

SOOOOOOOO sorry!!! It looks like in my endless equivocation, I accidentally came off as more of an asshole than had I just left well enough alone and asked you straight-up. :der:=Me

Terribly sorry about that--I don't think that you HAVE to qualify your opinion by any means. I'm just curious as to what you enjoyed about the movie, is all. I hear so many negative things about it from the circles I travel in, so I was wondering about an "outsider's" perspective, is all. I'm really sorry if I sounded condescending--I was trying (and failing) NOT to be...! Damnation. A pox on my inability to overcome the affect-less internet!!!

Yeah, the internet can be bad for communicating at times. For example, I read the first sentence of that last reply of yours, and immediately thought you were being a sarcastic jackass. :lol:

Well, since you're interested, I'll try to run down some of the things I liked about the flick, without posting spoilers:

~As sick and twisted as it may seem, I loved watching the elaborate little games he set up for individuals. I was hoping there would be more in the sequel that were on the same level as the original...and there were. I mean, it even started out with such a great one. I seriously felt so sick while watching it that I thought I was gonna have to leave. Well-played!

~Related to that...the other ones throughout the movie were just so cringe-worthy. Absolutely on par with the ones in the original.

~I enjoyed seeing more of Jigsaw on a normal level...person to person...even though we already knew what his intentions were with playing these games. I just felt that it added more depth to the movie, making it more than just a gore fest.

~While the sequel maintained many aspects of the original (obviously), I also felt there was enough variation from it to really give it its own feel while still keeping the same theme. I enjoyed that they were all over the house, instead of just in one room the whole time again. I also liked that we returned to the room from the original though. It would have been very easy for this movie to have just been a repetitive, unnecessary sequel, but I thought it was very well done. It seemed fresh

~I don't want to state the ending, because I don't want to spoil it, but I thought it was fabulous. I hadn't seen it coming at all, so it completely caught me by surprise.

Last edited:
The first one scared the :censored: outta me, I enjoyed it, I hope to see the 2nd one too (when it comes out on DVD). Good to hear you liked it, BC! I read a review that it was better than the first one too.

I'll just add that the film grossed over $12 million on Friday alone--that's almost triple the money that the new Zorro film managed to scrape up. Although I still imagine I wouldn't dig on the film too much, it looks like I'm in a pretty small minority--especially given the time of year, quite a few people are seeing this movie.

I guess Halloween and positive word-of-mouth are still worth something, after all...

I really liked Saw. I didnt know it was rated the 'worst movie' or whatever. I thought the story was scary, disgusting, suspenseful and the twists at the end were great. I like movies that make you go 'woah' at the end.

We just got back from Saw II and while I liked it as well, I thought the first one was better. Big twist at the end of this one too. There will be a Saw III!

It was better than the first one, I don't know if that's saying a lot. I only saw it because The Weather Man wasn't playing at my local theatre :angry:

I like watching the puzzles, that's probably the most enjoyable part for me. The thing I hate, though, is the editing. How many shots do they need that spin around quickly or cut a bunch of scenes together or have a character start walking out of his bedroom and have him ending up in the place he was headed to without a scene cut? Some of these shots are cool, but it kills the whole movie when it just looks like one long music video.

Acting was much better this time around. I don't really know how it could have got worse

I can totally see the guy who plays Jigsaw being the next Christopher Walken. Something tells me that if he were to host SNL it would be awesome...

Don't ask why, I just have this gut feeling lol

I just returned from the theatre from seeing this movie and it was great.

to be honest, I enjoyed Saw.. and Saw II now I guess. the twisted mind games and puzzles keep me so into the movie. I'm sure the gore could've been a bit less, but that gives the movie some of it's spunk.
greatest thing of all about Saw and Saw II imo, they have great morals at the end of the story. very thought provoking :up:

It was ok, predictable but if you enjoyed the first one, you will probably like this one too.

I found this excerpt from a review on Rotten Tomatoes.

"If you can sit through Saw II without gagging, gasping or covering your eyes, you are made of stern stuff indeed. And you should seek psychiatric help, since you might be a closet sociopath."

Guilty, :wave:

I'm scared.:yikes:

im tempted to see this :hmm:, im not much fan of the 'horror/suspense' drama not because they scare me but because they don't

the first one was interesting but the filming seemed kind of ehhr....bad
and the ending was the worst part for me :reject:
the first and only time i saw Saw was with a friend who also hadnt seen it
througout the movie i said outloud
"let me guess the guy on the floor is probably alive and is gonna kill them"... this was a sarcastic comment since movies in their attempt to be unpredictable become just that - predictable.

of course, i didnt really think the ending would be just that, and it was.
my friend got mad at me :giggle:

im hoping the ending for the sequel really is as unexpected as people say!

Back
Top Bottom