Saturday Night Live, anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Personally, I feel the last two seasons have been uninspired and rambling. Do any of you still watch this show? Even my favorite bit, Weekend Update seems tired. :sigh:

related news:
LIVE, FROM NEW YORK: Newly minted Oscar winner Adrien Brody assuming hosting duties of Saturday Night Live on May 10.

So that *might* be interesting...

Discuss SNL :wave:

I haven't watched it much the last 2 years and the times I have caught the show it has been boring. SNL has rebounded a few times throughout its history though and Lorne Michaels has for the most part had good casts. It is always disappointing when people like Mike Myers, Dana Carvey, Will Ferrell and Cheri Oteri leave the cast. Hopefully SNL will rebound again next season.

Yeah, things have been going downhill, especially with the loss of Will Farrell. Who will be the musical guest this week?

But Sheldon (sp?) still cracks me up though...

Last edited:
ya snl struggles this year. i mean how cool was it when they had...

norm macdonald doing weekend update
will ferrell
cheri oteri
jim bruer - "baa ba BAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

and the writing was excellent.

chris kattan is still good. i love chris parnell too actually.

and tracey morgan...

oh and i have a huge crush on amy poehler. who doesnt.

ok, so maybe the show isnt that bad this year afterall... :wink:

Funny, SNL won massive amounts of Emmy's last year for being fantastic. I personally thought last season was the best season they've had in about 10 years.

This season has been pretty weak compared to last season, but they have had some really great sketches none the less.

Most people always act like SNL used to be funnier....seriously watch the old episodes...it's honestly about as funny now as it's ever been. Dont glorify the past just because your own future has dried up (copyrights infringed upon). Regardless, SNL is pretty much my favorite show of all time.

you guys should go to the sports forum and check out the will ferrell thread. he looks like such a dork with a mustache...which is im sure, his reason for growing it.

Will is hilarryous, yes

but Tina Fey is one frickin INCREDIBLE writer! (she's head writer and supervises everything)

I think the show has mainly "gone downhill" in a sense because they are trying to pussyfoot around making fun of the government, which has produced a lot of great sketches...

I still think it's pretty funny... that "Colonel Angus" sketch from awhile go was pure genius ;)

Oh yeah, and I :heart: the Jared sketches... you know the one's he does from his room on the internet? Gobie is so funny! :lol:

:heart: SNL

pub crawler said:
I haven't watched it much the last 2 years and the times I have caught the show it has been boring. SNL has rebounded a few times throughout its history though and Lorne Michaels has for the most part had good casts. It is always disappointing when people like Mike Myers, Dana Carvey, Will Ferrell and Cheri Oteri leave the cast. Hopefully SNL will rebound again next season.

I agree with the people you have listed. Add Adam Sandler to that list also.

I always watch the Weekend Update part. Jimmy is too funny, and I think its cute how Tina and Jimmy interact.
I'll watch the entire show if there's someone who's hosting that I like.
Does anybody here like those Donatella Versace sketches? Maya Rudolph is hilarious when she does that! That's my favorite sketch! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Perle

They relied too much on Will Ferrell last year, so that's why this season is so lacking. I wish they could have developed some of the new players better.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom