Saturday Night Live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ever notice how it always sucks when it's new, but when it's old, it's funnier than the new ones?

I don't think it was ever really any good. It has its moments, sure, but, as a whole, it's a bad show. The reason, I believe, that the older shows seem funnier is because the series has just gotten worse and worse.

But I still watch every week. Figure that one out....

It is bad now-that's the reason to watch Howard Stern's show *is ashamed to admit she does this*

But SNL is great when U2 is on.

And Jimmy Fallon is cute.

*sorry, PLEBA moment*

SNL is funny whenever they do Jeopardy with Sean Connery!!

S.C.: "I'll take Swords for 100"
Alex: "Thats 'S-words', Mr. Connery. All of these questions begin with an S. Here is your answer. Pop-eye was this kind of man"
S.C.: "What is Sabre"
Alex: "That is wrong"
S.C.: "But it begins with an S!"
Alex: "Keanu Reeves?"
K.R.: "I know kung fu!"
Host: "No, you dont."

------------------
"...and a thousand slimy things did crawl upon the slimy sea..."

Originally posted by Bloodied:
SNL is funny whenever they do Jeopardy with Sean Connery!!

S.C.: "I'll take Swords for 100"
Alex: "Thats 'S-words', Mr. Connery. All of these questions begin with an S. Here is your answer. Pop-eye was this kind of man"
S.C.: "What is Sabre"
Alex: "That is wrong"
S.C.: "But it begins with an S!"
Alex: "Keanu Reeves?"
K.R.: "I know kung fu!"
Host: "No, you dont."

"I'll take the Pen is mightier for $100"

I LOVE that sketch. Darrell Hammond is awsome!

------------------
Sometimes the most powerful thing you can do for someone is to just tell them to fuck off. I am told to fuck off rather a lot by these three gentlemen.

Oh give it the hell up. SNL is not like normal shows. When something like 'Frasier' starts to get stale (like it is now) it should think about going off the air because the original concept is getting tired. SNL, however, is all about change. It will have it's cycles, but overall it's been a very funny show.

This era right now isn't as good as the Aykroyd/Radner/Belushi years, or the Hartman/Carvey/Myers years, but those were classic casts. It's unfair to put Ferrell/Fallon/Fey up against those people. Just judge them on their own merits.

------------------
They want you to be Jesus
They'll go down on one knee
But they'll want their money back
If you're alive at thirty-three
And you're turning tricks
With your crucifix
You're a star

"I can't watch a man sing a song. He gets all emotional, he starts swaying...it's embarrassing!" -- Jerry Seinfeld

Give it the hell up?

The show was never funny. It's stupid drivel with funny moments scattered throughout. Even the Carvey/Hartman/Myers era sucked. It's a hell of a lot better than what we have now, but it still sucked. I think the reason it's appreciated is purely nostagic.

Back
Top Bottom