Saturday Night Live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^They are, but there's still quite a bit on there. But no church chat.:( They took down my favorite SNL sketch of the past 4 years a few weeks ago. It was Maya Rudolph singing the National Anthem for the World Series in 06, and it was the most frickin' hilarious thing ever.:lmao:

I think my favorite SNL fake commercial of all time is for "colon blow" cereal. I can name tons of others, like you all can, but that one just always cracked me up.

There was also a great fake Budweiser commercial with Robin Williams and Joe Piscopo in it...it dealt with a hockey game and was a great take off on Bud's at the time ad campaigns. "Bring ouuuuut your best...."

How about the Canon Powershot with Stevie Wonder playing tennis?

Holy shit.

No spoken words said:

Namkcur likes to make sweeping statements but forget all about the details, Lila. He also leaves off the "in my opinion" part at the end of "only two casts worth watching" because that's obviously an absurd statement.

What's with the personal attacks? :eyebrow:

The "imo" is implied sometimes, you know, since a large amount of what is said on this site is opinion. Especially when talking about things in terms of good and bad - of course it's opinion.

And to be perfectly honest, since I haven't watched any old-school SNL in a long time, it really did slip my mind that Crystal or Lovitz were even ON SNL....if I had remembered, they would've been included. You gotta remember I'm only 23.

As for forgetting Belushi....that was stupid. I knew I was forgetting someone when I typed that, too, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

My favorite is Happy Fun Ball.

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball."

Or maybe the car commercial with Will Ferrell ... I don't remember the fake-brand name, but it was a car marketed to crazy people. The tag line was, "The car your neighbor's dog has been telling you to buy."

And the last shot is of Will Ferrell jumping into the air and singing "There's a radio in my fingernail .... car!!!!"

Awesome.

namkcuR said:

What's with the personal attacks? :eyebrow:

The "imo" is implied sometimes, you know, since a large amount of what is said on this site is opinion. Especially when talking about things in terms of good and bad - of course it's opinion.

And to be perfectly honest, since I haven't watched any old-school SNL in a long time, it really did slip my mind that Crystal or Lovitz were even ON SNL....if I had remembered, they would've been included. You gotta remember I'm only 23.

As for forgetting Belushi....that was stupid. I knew I was forgetting someone when I typed that, too, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

It's not a personal attack, but, you hit the nail on the head in your 2nd to last paragraph. You say things like "the only casts worth watching" as if you're an SNL historian, then hide behind your age later on. Maybe just say "my 2 favorite casts are......" as opposed to taking a piss on every cast you dislike? Just a thought, and, nothing personal.

Enjoy Larry Hughes.

:)

corianderstem said:
My favorite is Happy Fun Ball.

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball."

Or maybe the car commercial with Will Ferrell ... I don't remember the fake-brand name, but it was a car marketed to crazy people. The tag line was, "The car your neighbor's dog has been telling you to buy."

And the last shot is of Will Ferrell jumping into the air and singing "There's a radio in my fingernail .... car!!!!"

Awesome.

Happy Fun Ball was awesome.

Schmitt's Gay was also funny. "If you're gay, and you love beer, then Schmitt's Gay is for you".

Anyone remember the first time Alec Baldwin hosted? It was amazing. He's great all the time, but that one still stands out to me. What a revelation it was at the time, his ability to do comedy that well.

I'm sure I've seen his first hosting stint, but I don't remember which ones are which.

Did that episode have that "Hello, I'm a Handsome Actor" one? That was hilarious.

Or where he played a doctor who mispronounced everything?

"It could be ..... canker. But it might be benig-in."

I'm glad he finally found that niche as a supporting actor, too. He's not charismatic enough to carry an entire film, but he can sure as hell steal it (re: Glengarry Glen Ross).

I do remember when he hosted with Kim Basinger (Bay-singer? Bah-singer? Bay-sin-gher?)

corianderstem said:
I'm sure I've seen his first hosting stint, but I don't remember which ones are which.

Did that episode have that "Hello, I'm a Handsome Actor" one? That was hilarious.

Or where he played a doctor who mispronounced everything?

"It could be ..... canker. But it might be benig-in."

It was the opening monologue where he kept looking dramatically at the camera, speaking of his being a handsome actor......then there was a Greta Garbo sketch.....a sketch where he kissed Hartman full on the lips......a sketch where he is a trucker at a diner exchanging innuendo laced comments with Jan Hooks (who I think was amazing)....and a few others....

LemonMacPhisto said:
I'm glad he finally found that niche as a supporting actor, too. He's not charismatic enough to carry an entire film, but he can sure as hell steal it (re: Glengarry Glen Ross).

I do remember when he hosted with Kim Basinger (Bay-singer? Bah-singer? Bay-sin-gher?)

He carried his end of Red October fairly well....but, yes, when he supports like in Aviator or Departed or Glengarry, he's fantastic....not to mention 30 Rock, of course, a show written for him, basically.

corianderstem said:

Oh, I remember that one! That's fantastic.

That sketch had a great name, but I cannot remember it.

Cori, did you watch the Brosnan sketch YLB tracked down? Sorry if you did and I missed your comments.

No spoken words said:

He carried his end of Red October fairly well....but, yes, when he supports like in Aviator or Departed or Glengarry, he's fantastic....not to mention 30 Rock, of course, a show written for him, basically.

Agreed. He's a brilliant on that show.

Speaking of commercials, this period sketch is fucking funny.

Oh, I didn't realize he'd linked to it ... I thought based on his comments it was something else.

I'm downloading something now and can't watch it, but will watch later and report back. :up:

corianderstem said:
Oh, I didn't realize he'd linked to it ... I thought based on his comments it was something else.

I'm downloading something now and can't watch it, but will watch later and report back. :up:

Good. It's not highbrow, but, it's pretty fucking funny.

U2isthebest said:
Tonight's opening sketch was hilarious!:lmao:
Fred Armisen did a fantastic Obama. I'm impressed!:up:

Took me a second to make sure I was watching SNL and not the actual debate

:wink:

I'll be taping it - I can't make it up til 11:30 these days, much less until 1 am when it's done.

I loved the "Rock of Love" sketch with one-legged Amber.:laugh: Is there a new female cast member on SNL? She played Obama girl, was in the Annuale commercial, and was in the Rock of Love sketch.
The digital short was hilarious!:lmao:

U2isthebest said:
I loved the "Rock of Love" sketch with one-legged Amber.:laugh: Is there a new female cast member on SNL? She played Obama girl, was in the Annuale commercial, and was in the Rock of Love sketch.
The digital short was hilarious!:lmao:

Yeah, she was in the intro. Casey Wilson, I think is her name.

I love seeing Kenan Thompson on this show - it's almost like I've grown up with the guy.

Back
Top Bottom