SARSapalooza!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
Anybody watch/listen to the big Stones SARSapalooza concert today?

It's on my TV right now, AC/DC is on stage but they keep cutting to commercial!!! :mad:

In better news, Justin Timberlake got booed and got garbage thrown at him on stage!!! I've got mixed feelings about it, cause he did donate his time/efforts to be there to help out, and therefore didn't really deserve the booing or garbage, but still...it is JT. :lol:

Anyways, thoughts/opinions/comments?

Apparently not, cause I figure if they haven't started by now, the crowd would be getting a little restless having waited almost 2 hours...

DaveC said:

In better news, Justin Timberlake got booed and got garbage thrown at him on stage!!! I've got mixed feelings about it, cause he did donate his time/efforts to be there to help out, and therefore didn't really deserve the booing or garbage, but still...it is JT. :lol:

:mad: :down: how dare they toss garbage at him! rude fans! if he was being a total ass than i would say sure toss away but that is just rude. he is not fred durst.

*runs to find angel*

Last edited:
They're broadcasting 2 hours of "highlights" on CBC at 10am ET, 12pm MST tomorrow morning. (July 31)

I listened to some of the radio broadcast, and it was pretty good... although, they kept on talking about rumors of U2 playing, as apparently the rest of the band arrived last night. Guess it was a coincidence.

:shifty:

Listen, this whole garbage thing is overrated really. People throw garbage at me everytime I step out in my leisure wear, but I just smile and wave!

Ya sorry about the garbage friend.

I swear I won't do it, if you swear not to wear your Crockett and Tubbs throw-backs.

:up:

PS- next time you do, at least lend me the other suit.

:angry: those ungreatful AC/DC bastards. they were just jealous that they couldn't shag Britney like i did and jealous of my rockin body and dance moves. :dance: :cool:

:sexywink:

I was there.

Any time one of the hosts mentioned Justin, the crowd booed. Early on, Mike Bullard zoomed in on a sign right up front that said "Timberlake is a fag." I had a feeling things wouldn't go well after that.

During "Cry Me a River" at least a dozen water bottles were thrown at him on stage. One hit him, he caught another one. They just kept flying up at him. He told the crowd it will all be over soon. Only did a 2 song set and that was it.

He came back on with the Stones, up came another 2 water bottles at which point Keith Richards told the front few rows to fuck off with the bottles already.

It was a fun time. The Flaming Lips are great.

While he was on stage, people didn't really boo, it was more beforehand when his name was mentioned.

I think whoever put him into that lineup was a moron, and if they already did, they should have put him on in the morning, not in the evening lineup with AC/DC and the Stones. That's just lunacy, by then a good portion of the diehard AC/DC fans were tanked.

I was a bit further back (closer to the front than the middle), and the crowd there clapped for him. Most people were laughing though. I must say that Justin is appalling live. Really atrocious actually. I don't like his songs but I thought he'd be more entertaining. He wasn't and his voice sounds like shit. Like reasonable people, I clapped, but if I never hear him singing again it will be too soon. He's all image, sounds way worse live than on his recordings and those are bad enough.

Sam Roberts is great live! The Flaming Lips are awesome, I'd love to see them again. The Isley Brothers are great and so is The Guess Who. All in all, it was a pretty great day.

I can't help but feel a little bad for Justin Timberlake. He has a lot of class, I was watching a news clip of press conference from after the show and he delivered the best quote in a while..

"If I was at an AC/DC concert, I wouldn't want to see me either"

yeah, I'm actually gaining a little respect for JT

he likes the flmaing lips, after all....he can't be that bad

oiuzy...I was wondering the same thing. It would have been rockin to have them play!! :)
and the last I heard...between the crappy coverage on muchmoremusic and the cbc...would you fookin believe that CNN actually showed the freakin concert? They apparently had the most coverage and showed basically the entire 11 hours of the show. :yell:
CNN was the LAST place I thought would show it. Hence. I never checked that channel. :yell:
Good news tho...I'm hearing that a dvd is in the works! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom