Sarah McLachlan..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
I just listened to Sarah McLachlan's album 'Fumbling Towards Ecstasy' tonight for the first time in a while, and it is really GREAT. I thouroughly enjoyed it.

That's my favourite cd of her's. I quite enjoy it sometimes.

She is incredible, I finally saw her on her last tour..it was awesome. I also saw her at a Christmas radio station concert a few years back at a very small venue, from the third row. She only did a few songs. What I can remember now they included Ice Cream and Angel, if only I could remember the others..one from her last album :scratch:

That song Angel still makes me cry every time I hear it. If you've never heard her version of the Prayer Of St Francis you must hear it, I used to have it on my old computer that crashed.

MrsSpringsteen said:

That song Angel still makes me cry every time I hear it. If you've never heard her version of the Prayer Of St Francis you must hear it, I used to have it on my old computer that crashed.

They've used her several times for Buffy season finales, including Prayer of St. Francis, and holy God it is gorgeous.

I love Sarah....

It was bonus when I went to see the Barenaked Ladies on December 16th and she came onstage and performed a couple of songs with them. It was nice to see Ash Sood (her husband) too.

:heart:

It's funny how many people only know Surfacing and not Fumbling Toward Ecstasy (I say that because my boyfriend had no clue). I :heart: Sarah and finally got to see her when she was in Chicago 2 years ago now??

I'm not sure if I want to get 'Wintersong' though, not usually keen on people doing Christmas/holiday albums.

FTE is one of my favorite albums, ever. I get lost in that one. I didn't like her last one too much, except "World on Fire," and its incredible video nearly break me down to tears every time.

I love Sarah anyway, but I like her even more because her songs remix so well. I know it depends on who remixes them, but I've never heard a bad version. 'Bloom' is one of my most placed albums.

I got to know of her only in '97 when the video for Building A Mystery was on constant rotation on MTV. Don't know if I've heard anything from Fumbling but do remember that song Fallen which came out later I think.

I LOVE Fallen. :love:

But from FTE, Posession is my favorite. :heart:

Thanks for the info about the Christmas album, I never would have known. I love Christmas songs (even though I'm Jewish :wink: ) so I'll definitely be picking that up!

I'll buy the Christmas CD. I quite like her, although too much of her isn't a great thing.

I love "Full of Grace," which always makes me think of that season finale of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, where Buffy killed Angel and left town on the bus. :sad:

I'm Canadian, so I'm required to listen to her several hours a year along with The Cranberries, but haven't heard enough to form an opinion.

Canadiens1160 said:
I'm Canadian, so I'm required to listen to her several hours a year along with The Cranberries, but haven't heard enough to form an opinion.

Let me see that passport! Last time I checked, The Cranberries were Irish! :wink:

I think Fumbling Towards Ecstasy is Sarah McLachlan's Achtung Baby. It's a truly amazing album, very stream-of-consciousness and emotionally gripping. It's the kind of CD that when you hear it once, you'll play it again and again all week and wonder why you weren't exposed to it before. Her stuff previous to that is also great. Solace has a lot of equally incredible songs like Into the Fire, Drawn to the Rhythm, and I Will Not Forget You (which was the unofficial song of my German Sheppard's death :sad:).

Her recent material seems a little forced, but she raised the bar so high with the albums I mentioned, it's undoubtedly difficult to top them.

angelordevil said:

Let me see that passport! Last time I checked, The Cranberries were Irish! :wink:
For some reason, every pretty, sensetive girl I have met listens to the Cranberries, so hence I am required to listen to them.

Back
Top Bottom