Santa's Workshop, North Pole, NY/Santaville, VT, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So i'm reading about R.E.M. on Wikipedia, and I find this thing about Peter Buck that cracked me up.

On April 21, 2001, Buck was aboard a transatlantic flight from Seattle to London to play a concert at Trafalgar Square. Witnesses alleged that Buck exhibited various bizarre behaviors on the flight, including shoving a CD into a drinks trolley thinking it was a CD player, tearing up the "yellow card" warning notice handed to him by the flight crew, claiming "I am R.E.M." and being involved in a struggle over a yogurt pot with two stewards, which resulted in the exploding of the pot. Buck's actions led to two charges of common assault on the stewards, one charge of being drunk whilst on a plane, and one charge of damaging British Airways cutlery.
At the ensuing trial in London, Buck's defense claimed that the moderate amount of wine he had drunk had reacted adversely with the brand of sleeping pill he was taking and rendered him unable to control his actions. The prosecution, on the other hand, argued that he was simply intoxicated from supposedly consuming fifteen refills of wine. After the trial, which included testimony from Bono of the rock band U2, Buck was cleared on the grounds of non-insane automatism.[8] [9]

:lmao:

I post more and more outlandish things, I think.

Or just loosen up and relax and become a normal person.

See my spelling doesn't really go, I just end up talking lots and lots, and my sentences get longer and less coherent. Also the backspace key comes into effect far more often...!

Yeah, that's pretty darn true. :wink:

Can I have another piece of chocolate cake?
Tammy Baker must be losing her faith!
Can I buy another cheap Picasso fake?
Andy Warhol must be laughing in his grave!

This is so stupidly good live.

She's a sad tomato
She's three miles of bad road

I am smitten
I am the real thing

:combust:

What are we to do when our beds are burning?

Cue weird Peter Garrett dancing.

But I don't care because i'm listening to Drive.

RIGHT LET'S REVIEW WINE.

2005 Trimbach gewürztraminer

This is a dry white wine from the Alsace region of France. It is a FANTASTIC dry white wine. It is a fine example of the more exotic qualities of gewürz that make it one of those few white wines that complements spicy food ideally. It tasted great after my pasta, as my sauce included hot Hungarian salami.

I could get all wanky about the spicy qualities, how there's hints of orange peel, and how it's a fine example of a dry white, but I will spare you! It is in a restrained style, and sinks into the palette very nicely, lasting strongly on the tongue with a well-balanced and fairly prominent alcoholic texture. I'm quite into how restrained it is.

Looks good in the glass. But I didn't waste much time staring at it. MOAR WINE and stuff.

This wine comes recommended as a drinking wine for drink times, or for cellaring. I can only assume it'll age well.

And come on, it's French. You can impress your less cultured friends by having it in your collection. That is, after all, why anybody in Australia owns French wine, huh? I mean, new world wine has a habit of actually being better. Though don't get me wrong, I'm not slagging the old world. Wine from anywhere = content Axver. Aw yeah.

85 out of 92.

My past reviews have had random bowler hat photos. LET'S GO ONE BETTER. Who remembers this picture of tuf bono that I tried to draw in MS Paint? This bogan sod would not appreciate the 2005 Trimbach gewürz. That means you will.

tufbono.jpg

Every waking hour
I'm choosing my confessions
I'm trying to keep my eye on you

I'd review this SEXCELLENT orange muscat and flora, but it'd just end up as another "IT IS NICE" affair! :giggle:

I want to see how much of a review you can get out of it!

Did I review it?

Yes, yes I think I did.

Here come the Hercules!
Here come the submarines!
Sinking South Pacific dreams ...

The Oils. :drool:

Why must we review wine? :scream:

Now I'll expose myself to the whines of Thom Yorke on Exit Music (For A Film).

Because wine is good for you!

And good for your tastebuds!

: pours Vladders a glass :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom