Santa's Workshop, North Pole, NY/Santaville, VT, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Random thought:
"Drive" by R.E.M. is a freaking brilliant song. :yes:

Damn straight. It's my favourite off Automatic, and one of my top five REM songs full stop.

Ooh! As long as I get some sort of benefit concert in the Kunstmuseum, I can share a bit of Christmas dinner...

Yeah, don't make those doubly-landlocked whalers have to set sail!

So ... I guess we can go on a little tufmas and Christmas posting spree? :hyper:

I'm about to open the special wine I bought for today, if that's any indicator ...!

Though family-oriented holidays can tend to lead to a quiet thread, and forum in general.

That's right! Which one will you have first? :hyper:

The gewürz. Firstly, it needs to be opened with a corkscrew, which I dare not do when tipsy. Secondly, I think it will go great with dessert.

Out of people doing things with their family rather than being online!

Yeah, we had a little gathering earlier in the day, but after I finished eating I went home and watched the Popmart DVD, which I got for Christmas. Brilliant.

:drool:
Dessert, you say! What do you have?

I have no idea! I have so many options lying around.

I think my fruit mince pies will go down a treat with this wine though. Oh this was a good purchase.

Yeah, we had a little gathering earlier in the day, but after I finished eating I went home and watched the Popmart DVD, which I got for Christmas. Brilliant.

You may be surprised to learn that the Popmart DVD is one of the few U2 things I do not own.

I have the video, then I acquired a DVD bootleg of the entire show, which includes a few small scenes that were deleted from the official release (e.g. Bono getting angry before Pride). The DVD bootleg, funnily enough, is better quality than the official DVD that's subsequently been released, so I've stuck with the boot.

You may be surprised to learn that the Popmart DVD is one of the few U2 things I do not own.

I have the video, then I acquired a DVD bootleg of the entire show, which includes a few small scenes that were deleted from the official release (e.g. Bono getting angry before Pride). The DVD bootleg, funnily enough, is better quality than the official DVD that's subsequently been released, so I've stuck with the boot.

I'm surprised, definitely. It was fun watching Bono getting off his rocker at the end of Last Night On Earth, he asked for a cigarette and when he didn't get it you can read his lips "Arsehole! Twat!", I don't think the poor guy in the audience could speak English.

But yeah, I enjoyed the Popmart DVD immensely.

Oh yes, dinner brought me in front of the computer.

:drool: Lets see what we have here, fried prawns?, rockmelon (Axxo no likey :no:) and nice and tender chicken. :happy:

I'm surprised, definitely. It was fun watching Bono getting off his rocker at the end of Last Night On Earth, he asked for a cigarette and when he didn't get it you can read his lips "Arsehole! Twat!", I don't think the poor guy in the audience could speak English.

But yeah, I enjoyed the Popmart DVD immensely.

Haha, yeah. He wasn't too happy with the crowd it seems. The bit on the official DVD that's missing before Pride is when some guy's shining one of those laser pointers in his face. Only the last sentence is in the official release, and the full comment is roughly "Who's got that fuckin' firefly thing? Fuck off. We're here to make love!"

The bootleg edition actually has better picture quality than the official DVD too. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom